NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default College Football

So my wife and I are watching a college football game on TV. It's UCLA and Stanford (I have no clue of either of them). I root for one of them. They turn it over and I am rooting for the other team. She looks at me asks who I am for. I tell her "whomever has the ball" .
Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So my wife and I are watching a college football game on TV. It's UCLA and Stanford (I have no clue of either of them). I root for one of them. They turn it over and I am rooting for the other team. She looks at me asks who I am for. I tell her "whomever has the ball" .
You are obviously an 'offensive' person
Old 12-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Arnie

Outside of the people that bet on games, or people who watch the college they went to, i totally fail to see the appeal of college sports.

Wow, Old Miss is playing West Virginia, boy, i cant wait to see that!!!! NOT!!
Old 12-21-2012, 03:54 PM

Well. Arnie, part of the appeal comes from having a college or university that's close to your sporting "heart" (ie. you attended that school or you grew up a fan of that team). For me, much of the appeal comes from watching these kids put their blood, sweat, and tears in to their sport, focusing on the TEAM aspect of the game. You don't have high-paid prima donnas who make more than their coaches. You've got kids playing at a very high level for the love of the game (and, yes, that paycheck that waits in the pro levels).

College basketball offers more than pro basketball in terms of pure entertainment. The slightly longer shot clock gives teams a chance to actually set up plays and use old school strategies like presses and zones. March Madness -- 'nuff said. College football has teams with tradition, stadiums without advertising, marching bands that work their asses off to put on a halftime show, 100,000 screaming fans wearing their school's colors, and, yes, hot cheerleaders that are over eighteen years of age.

College sports may not be for everbody, but it has a lot to offer.

Last edited by CW; 12-21-2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: to add paragraphs...
Old 12-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Jake

Its football in its purest form. I like Pro better, but I always enjoy my football Saturdays.

I prefer College Basketball over pro though.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!

Last edited by Jlighter; 12-21-2012 at 08:10 PM.