NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 03-24-2018, 07:56 AM
William Guerro

Default Another PSA Question?

I just received a 2013 Finest Jose Fernandez Orange Refractor, Autographed Jumbo Relic Card. The card is still sealed in the Hard Top Loader From Topps!

I know PSA says they want the cards sent in a Mylar Sleeve and then in a Card Saver. But I don’t want to risk taking this card out of the Factory Sealed Top Loader and transferring it. Will they still accept this, the way the card is packaged?

I sent email to PSA about this but I haven’t heard back yet. I was just courious if anyone has sent a card in for grading this way?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B668CB8C-BF97-41F8-80B5-2B346B0291D6.jpg (11.0 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg 6E0B16F7-68DB-4E97-A019-DAB1769ABF41.jpg (11.5 KB, 233 views)
Old 03-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Steve Birmingham

Personally I'd prefer this just the way it is. But then I prefer pretty much everything "as issued", and consider a card issued in a holder that is out of the holder as "altered"
Old 03-24-2018, 05:32 PM

Default holder issue

Good question. I don't know that I would want to have it graded, at least not now
Old 03-25-2018, 10:11 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Yes, wide cards like jerseys can be sent in toploaders.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:19 PM
William Guerro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesGeezer View Post
I just received a 2013 Finest Jose Fernandez Orange Refractor, Autographed Jumbo Relic Card. The card is still sealed in the Hard Top Loader From Topps!

I know PSA says they want the cards sent in a Mylar Sleeve and then in a Card Saver. But I don’t want to risk taking this card out of the Factory Sealed Top Loader and transferring it. Will they still accept this, the way the card is packaged?

I sent email to PSA about this but I haven’t heard back yet. I was just courious if anyone has sent a card in for grading this way?
I received this reply today from PSA on this question.

Hi Bill,

PSA will except your Topps factory sealed card, but the Topps seal must be removed/seal broken for the card to come out to be authenticated/graded. PSA needs you to do this before submitting your item.

If you send in your item without the Topps factory seal broken/removed, this will cause a delay in processing until PSA gets your authorization to remove the seal in writing via email.

Please note, currently PSA is already experiencing an unprecedented delay in entering card submissions, so any other delays that can be prevented is strongly recommended.

Have a nice day,
Old 03-28-2018, 10:45 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaplesGeezer View Post
I received this reply today from PSA on this question.

Hi Bill,

PSA will except your Topps factory sealed card, but the Topps seal must be removed/seal broken for the card to come out to be authenticated/graded. PSA needs you to do this before submitting your item.

If you send in your item without the Topps factory seal broken/removed, this will cause a delay in processing until PSA gets your authorization to remove the seal in writing via email.

Please note, currently PSA is already experiencing an unprecedented delay in entering card submissions, so any other delays that can be prevented is strongly recommended.

Have a nice day,
"Except" for what?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-28-2018, 11:44 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
"Except" for what?
It's a typo. They meant to say "expect"
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:43 PM
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
It's a typo. They meant to say "expect"
Or perhaps "accept".
Old 04-08-2018, 11:17 AM
St@n Go.len

Oye. Why grade a sealed card from the factory???? Rhetorical question. Go chase that 10 i guess....Madness.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake View Post
Oye. Why grade a sealed card from the factory???? Rhetorical question. Go chase that 10 i guess....Madness.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I don't get grading modern cards either but to each their own...
Old 04-16-2018, 12:35 AM

If PSA removes the seal theirselves, will they give it an "uncirculated" enhancement on the grade?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunderby View Post
I don't get grading modern cards either but to each their own...
At this point I grade modern to avoid returns on eBay. You can describe a cart perfectly. 'NM-MT with xyz issues' and you'll get an email a week later, 'I WANT A RETURN, THIS ISN'T GEM QUALITY!'

Then if you reject it PayPal/eBay takes the buyer's side and you're hosed anyway.

It's ridiculous.

Also, the premium for PSA 10 modern stuff is quite nice!