NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 04-10-2018, 12:35 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Default Ebay user to block

Posted here because I only see that this user deals with modern cards.

Ebay user: sals9087
Sal Saluccio

I have a Living Set on ebay. The user made an offer of $92. It was accepted. Then this exchange happened:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebay User sals9087
Not buying please cancel
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Response
It was already accepted. Ebay will auto open a non-paying case probably Thursday (I think it takes 3 days). Then if you don't pay it will be cancelled and you will receive your non-paying buyer mark at that time.
Quote:
You will receive Feedback accordingly. Thanks. Fix the issue.
Quote:
This issue is yours. You can fix it as soon as you pay. Thank you.
Quote:
Nothing paying for an item I don’t want. It wasn’t a bid. You can very easily cancel it. But you want to extort me now. Ok. Let’s see how that works...
Quote:
Not extortion.

Stated clearly when you make an offer:

"By clicking Submit offer, you are agreeing to and entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller."

Again. Ebay will cancel the sale when you don't pay. At that time they will give you a non paying buyer strike. Then it will be over. Or you can pay.
Quote:
You didn’t lose the sale because I won a bid. I asked you nicely if you could cancel yesterday. I’ve cancel customers orders if requested. But since you are going to go this route I hope you enjoy your upcoming feedback. Oh well. Let’s see what happens
Quote:
Sal Saluccio,

I would suggest you read the Feedback Extortion Policy for Ebay
https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/f...policy?id=4230

Thank you for your business.
This wasn't the end, but now he has decided to use language I would rather not repeat.

Those that may be questioning why I won't cancel the sale, it is because I want him to get his deserved "Non-payer strike". I use those strikes to block bidders/buyers and wouldn't want to cheat other users from this benefit.

Also if I do cancel he can still leave a feedback because of the loophole in ebay that allows feedback if the Seller cancels the sale.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:29 PM
St@n Go.len

Sucks to be an ebay seller nowadays....I applaud your conviction but it will probably get you a negative. I would just cancel and move on. Until they click the pay button i just let em cancel. Like amazon and walmart I guess....

Ebay did all a real disservice changing their feedback system years ago. It takes away the checks and balances and is just totally heavily in favor of the "buyer".

I also wish you could leave feedback when sellers don't respond to buy it now offers. Common courtesy if I shoot you a message, ask a question, submit an offer , why not reply. If you don't like my offer you can change your settings to Auto decline it so you're not bothered.. Yet sellers like this have a 100% feedback. Blech!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2018, 03:01 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake View Post
Sucks to be an ebay seller nowadays....I applaud your conviction but it will probably get you a negative. I would just cancel and move on. Until they click the pay button i just let em cancel. Like amazon and walmart I guess....

Ebay did all a real disservice changing their feedback system years ago. It takes away the checks and balances and is just totally heavily in favor of the "buyer".

I also wish you could leave feedback when sellers don't respond to buy it now offers. Common courtesy if I shoot you a message, ask a question, submit an offer , why not reply. If you don't like my offer you can change your settings to Auto decline it so you're not bothered.. Yet sellers like this have a 100% feedback. Blech!

Ebay has already been contacted and they assured me the buyer won't be able to leave me a negative feedback and they are going to monitor his account and possibly suspend it due to some extra threats that followed. Also he has been blocked from my account.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:44 PM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

Quote:

What kind of response/message does someone that makes an offer get when their offer is auto-declined? I also set up the Best Offer with auto accept and auto decline #'s with room in-between for negotiation. But always wondered what the "buyer" receives when a # is auto-declined.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Duane Clark

Andy,

I applaud you for taking a stand against this individual. They need to be held accountable.

Duane Clark
Old 04-10-2018, 11:11 PM
Sean McGinty

Good for you for not taking that (and I say this as someone who has never sold on Ebay).

You had me on your side at him saying "Not buying please cancel". Just so presumptuous and rude, he should have been apologizing profusely for cancelling rather than casually telling you to do something.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:15 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Those that may be questioning why I won't cancel the sale, it is because I want him to get his deserved "Non-payer strike". I use those strikes to block bidders/buyers and wouldn't want to cheat other users from this benefit.
There are ways around the NPB strike. I had a person win an auction, JBVEGAS10. After the auction, he claimed some bullcrap story about not liking the spider wrinkles on the back, even though I clearly showed pictures of them and described the card as "GOOD". The way around the NPB strike is to pay the auction, then immediately say you want a refund and threaten to return to due to "not as described"....the best advice is to block, out them and move on.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:12 AM
Peter Spaeth

A lesser annoyance, but I love when you go back and forth with someone in real time on a best offer, you accept their offer, then they take 5-8 days to pay you.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:22 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
There are ways around the NPB strike. I had a person win an auction, JBVEGAS10. After the auction, he claimed some bullcrap story about not liking the spider wrinkles on the back, even though I clearly showed pictures of them and described the card as "GOOD". The way around the NPB strike is to pay the auction, then immediately say you want a refund and threaten to return to due to "not as described"....the best advice is to block, out them and move on.
I saw that thread. It is scary how many loopholes there are.

I do feel there are some protections for the seller, but you have to call ebay as soon as possible to get ahead of it, which is a headache.

I have been in constant communication with Ebay about this user. It is actually the first time I have contacted to report a member, but this guy got really bad after my last shared post above. I stopped responding as it was becoming cyclical.

The strange thing is that the Non Payer Strike doesn't even have any noticeable affects if it is just one. I have had non payers, I have gotten used to it, but never have had someone so upset about that strike before.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:26 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
A lesser annoyance, but I love when you go back and forth with someone in real time on a best offer, you accept their offer, then they take 5-8 days to pay you.
I have thought about stopping the best offer because they don't require instant payment when the offer is accepted. I have had more non paying issues with Best Offer listings than with auctions.

As a matter of fact, because of this issue above and paranoid he was using a second account, when I received an offer on a lot yesterday. I just removed the best offer and put the listing to that offer amount, then messaged the user stating if they wanted the listing at that price they could purchase directly. That way the listing was still there, but now at their offer price. So if they didn't pay it was still available to anyone that would (they did purchase and pay a few hours later).
Old 04-11-2018, 08:53 AM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenx34 View Post
What kind of response/message does someone that makes an offer get when their offer is auto-declined? I also set up the Best Offer with auto accept and auto decline #'s with room in-between for negotiation. But always wondered what the "buyer" receives when a # is auto-declined.
Just a big message on the item screen saying your offer was declined, and that you can make another one if you have offers remaining on that item. I think the buyer gets 5 chances.

Old 04-11-2018, 11:29 AM

Good for you standing up to a non-payer.Any non paying bidders I have get blocked immediately.They're more trouble than they're worth.
I had 1 woman who bought a pin,paid for it with Paypal,and then canceled the sale all within 1 and 1/2 minutes.She went on my Blocked Bidders list after that.

I also had something happen to me as a buyer,that I didn't appreciate too much. I had a seller charge me for "Priority mail" for a single pinback. It was worth the extra money and I figured I'd have it in a couple of days. The seller waited 10 days before shipping it and then sent it Priority mail. It kind of defeated the whole purpose of Priority mail.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I have thought about stopping the best offer because they don't require instant payment when the offer is accepted. I have had more non paying issues with Best Offer listings than with auctions.

As a matter of fact, because of this issue above and paranoid he was using a second account, when I received an offer on a lot yesterday. I just removed the best offer and put the listing to that offer amount, then messaged the user stating if they wanted the listing at that price they could purchase directly. That way the listing was still there, but now at their offer price. So if they didn't pay it was still available to anyone that would (they did purchase and pay a few hours later).
I have a guy now who bought a 4 digit card and is on his fifth day. According to him, he has to wait to get paid.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:31 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I have a guy now who bought a 4 digit card and is on his fifth day. According to him, he has to wait to get paid.

Normally, I'd say he shouldn't be buyin cards

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-11-2018, 03:10 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Thanks for the info; added him to my $hit list.

This guy won a Hank Aaron card auction of mine then reneged:

davwil-4

You might want to block him from wrecking one of your auctions.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-13-2018, 05:57 AM
Bret

Sorry for your issues and thanks for the heads up. Guy is now blocked.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I have had non payers, I have gotten used to it, but never have had someone so upset about that strike before.
He is upset because that's one less time he'll be able to pull that on someone. Good for you for not putting up with this BS. No one forced him to submit an offer.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

He is back and has disclosed for me his wife's account:

sassy1-2007
Katie Giarraputo-Saluccio
Old 04-16-2018, 07:26 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Thanks for the info; added him to my $hit list.

This guy won a Hank Aaron card auction of mine then reneged:

davwil-4

You might want to block him from wrecking one of your auctions.
JBVEGAS10 is the worst. You do NOT want him bidding on your auctions.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:43 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Default Hey should I beg this guy?

I bought a card then later that day I get a refund. When asked why the seller told me he double listed the card by mistake.

Should I just say what ever or should I give a proper feed back ?
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 PM
Curt

I didn't read all of the replies, but if you have messages showing he is claiming he'll leave appropriate feedback ahead of time, eBay will almost certainly wipe the feedback from your record once you show them.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:47 AM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
I bought a card then later that day I get a refund. When asked why the seller told me he double listed the card by mistake.

Should I just say what ever or should I give a proper feed back ?
If you think its fishy leave a neutral

Old 04-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
If you think its fishy leave a neutral

Thanks ! I think it was a mistake but the other card sold first so I don’t get how he didn’t know.