NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 07-30-2018, 02:00 PM
Ani.sh Kan.abar

Default Soccer collector roll call

Been seeing some new posters and would be interested to know how many soccer collectors are on here and what everyone collects.

I’m currently interested in:
-Anything 19th century
-1902 Wills
-1906 Ogden’s
-1908 Ogden’s
-Billy Meredith
-1948 Monte Cudine
-1950 Tinghalls
-1953 Caramelos Pectorales
-1956 Brazil Idolos
-1958 Alifabolaget
-1958 Quigol
-Cruyff early cards
-1971 Lyons Maid
-Maradona early and Barcelona cards
-Messi Megacracks

Cheers
Old 07-30-2018, 06:55 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I'm not a soccer collector except that I do have a nice complete 1908 Ogden's set that I like very much.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:08 PM
Al Jurgela

Default My focus

[QUOTE=Anish;1799281]Been seeing some new posters and would be interested to know how many soccer collectors are on here and what everyone collects.

-Anything 19th century. CIRCUS GIRL AND BAINES SHIELDS
-1902 Wills. YES STARS
-1906 Ogden’s YES STARS
-1908 Ogden’s. YEA STARS
-Billy Meredith. YES. MOST. ESPECIALLY. COPES SIBGLETON AND TADDY
-1948 Monte cudine YEA BUT PAUSING
-1950 TINGALLS. YEA
-1953 Caramelos NO
-1956 Brazil IDOLOS. YEA
-1958 ALFA. YEA.
-1958 QUIGOL. YEA
-Cruyff early cards ABAOLUTELY
-1971 Lyons Maid STARS
-Maradona early and Barcelona cards YES
-Messi MegacrackA. YEA
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 07-30-2018, 11:34 PM
Bob Andrews

Love the game, coached for many years. I wouldn't consider myself an advanced soccer collector but I do enjoy my Players tobacco sets from the 20s. I also pick up Manchester United cards from the A&BC sets of the 50s and 60s and the later Topps England sets of the 70s. The Panini WC sticker sets are fun. Players I collect haphazardly include Figo (I'm Portuguese), Messi, Bobby Charlton and Wayne Rooney.
Old 07-31-2018, 07:44 AM
Peter Spaeth

Over the past year and a half, as I've diversified what I collect, I've tried to add a card or two (rookies in most cases) of each of the all-time greats DiStefano through C Ronaldo. So I would call myself someone who dabbles rather than a real soccer collector.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:01 AM
Ciaran

Have a relatively advanced soccer collection but not of cards (other memorabilia),

I am a life member of Crusaders, a football club in Belfast, Northern Ireland and I also have a season ticket for Internazionale of Milan.

I’ve also regularly travelled to games abroad to watch the Northern Ireland national team and have a particular interest in Belfast Celtic, Ireland’s great club side that last played in 1949.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:12 AM

I started collecting NFL rookie HoF cards about 7 years ago. Then at the start of this year I decided to expand to, as a Brit, my native game of football. At the moment I'm focusing on Rookie cards with a loose emphasis on Ballon d'Or winners (old European Footballer of the Year award) & key 80's to 00's players (as I'm in my late 30's).
Old 08-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

I got most of my Italian soccer cards ( stickers) from my wifes Uncles from Italy when they would visit us and when we go to visit my wifes family in Italy. Also picked up some soccer packs from Brazil when we were on our honeymoon in 1986. My daughter got involved with soccer at a young age, she was lucky to be trained by one of the US Women's National Team sister's, we both got to meet the Womens National Team at a practice were they signed her Pink US National Team Mothers Day Jersey for her. My daughter and her team mate friend also helped with a camp offered by one of the Womens National Team Member

Last edited by rgpete; 08-01-2018 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Steve Birmingham

I have a few Soccer cards, so I would say I collect them, but the same way I tend to collect anything else, haphazardly. I have some modern, one or two US sets from the 70's, a few of the Topps stickers from 78, and a few British Topps from the 70's or 80's. I may have a couple older ones, but if I do, only one or two and nothing exciting.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:18 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

Like a couple have said, I have some soccer cards but wouldn't call myself a soccer collector. I've got a few nice soccer RCs and a few more on my want list - my primary focus would be RCs outside of the 4 major sports.

Soccer is some of the most interesting to look at and talk about along with boxing, imo.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

Wikipedia has (at least for the relative newcomer, me) some really good write-ups of soccer players, although I think they overuse the "considered one of the greatest footballers ever" a bit.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:05 AM
Al Jurgela

Default I agree Peter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Wikipedia has (at least for the relative newcomer, me) some really good write-ups of soccer players, although I think they overuse the "considered one of the greatest footballers ever" a bit.
Especially for English speakers....
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 08-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default soccer cards

[QUOTE=aljurgela;1799417]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
Been seeing some new posters and would be interested to know how many soccer collectors are on here and what everyone collects.

-Anything 19th century. CIRCUS GIRL AND BAINES SHIELDS
-1902 Wills. YES STARS
-1906 Ogden’s YES STARS
-1908 Ogden’s. YEA STARS
-Billy Meredith. YES. MOST. ESPECIALLY. COPES SIBGLETON AND TADDY
-1948 Monte cudine YEA BUT PAUSING
-1950 TINGALLS. YEA
-1953 Caramelos NO
-1956 Brazil IDOLOS. YEA
-1958 ALFA. YEA.
-1958 QUIGOL. YEA
-Cruyff early cards ABAOLUTELY
-1971 Lyons Maid STARS
-Maradona early and Barcelona cards YES
-Messi MegacrackA. YEA

I have just returned from the National Sports Collectors Convention in Cleveland. I can say the soccer card industry is expanding. Panini, Topps and Leaf all are producing soccer for the American market. This is the most ever. In addition, the high end product is almost scary with $500 boxes which guarantee autograph cards.

I have a good amount of cards to trade including some George Best, Figo, Ronaldo, Platini and other rarer issues that people have mentioned here.

I have a few extra sample cards made just for the NSCC show.

I'm looking for Beckenbauer, Pele, Puskas, Cryuff and Chinaglia. But I'm open to anything interesting I don't have in my collection.

Last edited by Copa7; 08-06-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

[QUOTE=Copa7;1801256]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljurgela View Post

I have just returned from the National Sports Collectors Convention in Cleveland. I can say the soccer card industry is expanding. Panini, Topps and Leaf all are producing soccer for the American market. This is the most ever. In addition, the high end product is almost scary with $500 boxes which guarantee autograph cards.

I have a good amount of cards to trade including some George Best, Figo, Ronaldo, Platini and other rarer issues that people have mentioned here.

I have a few extra sample cards made just for the NSCC show.

I'm looking for Beckenbauer, Pele, Puskas, Cryuff and Chinaglia. But I'm open to anything interesting I don't have in my collection.
Just got back last night from The National as well. Don't mind saying I was a little (just a little) disappointed. It was huge and there were tons of people but, for me personally, a serious lack of diversity.

If you ignore the stuff put out in the last 5 or so years, there was practically nothing from the non big-4 sports. I saw one Pele, two Cassius Clays (saw both sell) and zero anything else from soccer, boxing, tennis, golf (a few 81 donruss), racing, etc. Some pretty cool non-sport and early Olympic at the same table as the Clays, but that's it out of over 600 tables.

While I'm rolling, I hear a lot about trying to get the younger generation into collecting. Plenty of kids with their parent digging through boxes, but again, literally did not see one Chloe Kim, Shaun White, Simone Biles, Rory McIlroy, Jordan Speith, Alex Morgan, Serena Williams, Michael Phelps, etc. The list goes on and on.

Obviously it's up to the dealers to put out what they feel will sell. I was just hoping for a little variety. You can only look at so many '86 Fleer Jordan's, 1960s Mantles and probably 150 tables of Bowman Chrome Autos.

Okay, rant over. As you were.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:37 PM
J.
Jonathan Rys.kamp

Default Soccer Cards I Collect

I got into soccer cards 10 years ago when I wanted to invest in Sports Cards and after looking at the market, I decided that soccer cards and specifically Pele, looked to be a good investment. So I started buying up Pele cards.

At that same time I was collecting vintage Red Sox, but I quickly exhausted my budget and got to the point where all vintage Red Sox cards I didn't have cost >$200, which was outside of my budget at the time. So instead I started buying more and more soccer cards because I could get lots of cool cards from all over the world for not very expensive prices. I love that in an average week I'll get mail from England, Italy, Croatia, and Brazil - it's pretty cool!

Now I consider myself a soccer card collector, which is ironic because the only soccer I ever follow actively is the World Cup. I've still never sold any of my soccer card 'investments,' but have built a moderate collection of cool soccer cards along the way.

Soccer cards I collect are:
  • Pele - I love Pele cards/stickers/discs and have a lot of them. I am trying for one of each card from his playing years. I am more interested in rare cards than high-grade cards
  • 1950 Tinghalls - especially team USA & rare backs
  • Vintage Billy Meredith, Steve Bloomer & GO Smith UK cards
  • Vintage Nasazzi & Andrade cards
  • Vintage Zamora and Alcantara Spanish cards
  • Rookies of Soccer stars, vintage & modern
  • 1970 Panini World Cup blue/red back cards
  • 1938 Union König Fussball Dixie Dean, Nasazzi, Zamora (I want to collect all 5 different backs of all 3 players)

If you have anything you would be willing to part with that might fit with my collecting interests above, let me know

I have been lazy about posting on this forum, but am glad to see more soccer card discussion, so I will try to start posting as well to keep the conversation going.

-Jonathan
Old 08-14-2018, 11:37 PM

Not my primary collecting focus, but I have a budding collection of vintage defunct Washington DC/Baltimore soccer teams memorabilia (Whips, Darts, Dips, Washington Stars, Virginia Capitol Cavaliers, Washington Cavaliers, Warthogs, Freedom, Bays, Comets, Blast)

My brother also collects Panini Wold Cup stickers, including the endless variations of packets, albums, etc.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:09 AM
Al Jurgela

Default I love your list Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collect Equity View Post
I got into soccer cards 10 years ago when I wanted to invest in Sports Cards and after looking at the market, I decided that soccer cards and specifically Pele, looked to be a good investment. So I started buying up Pele cards.

At that same time I was collecting vintage Red Sox, but I quickly exhausted my budget and got to the point where all vintage Red Sox cards I didn't have cost >$200, which was outside of my budget at the time. So instead I started buying more and more soccer cards because I could get lots of cool cards from all over the world for not very expensive prices. I love that in an average week I'll get mail from England, Italy, Croatia, and Brazil - it's pretty cool!

Now I consider myself a soccer card collector, which is ironic because the only soccer I ever follow actively is the World Cup. I've still never sold any of my soccer card 'investments,' but have built a moderate collection of cool soccer cards along the way.

Soccer cards I collect are:
  • Pele - I love Pele cards/stickers/discs and have a lot of them. I am trying for one of each card from his playing years. I am more interested in rare cards than high-grade cards
  • 1950 Tinghalls - especially team USA & rare backs
  • Vintage Billy Meredith, Steve Bloomer & GO Smith UK cards
  • Vintage Nasazzi & Andrade cards
  • Vintage Zamora and Alcantara Spanish cards
  • Rookies of Soccer stars, vintage & modern
  • 1970 Panini World Cup blue/red back cards
  • 1938 Union König Fussball Dixie Dean, Nasazzi, Zamora (I want to collect all 5 different backs of all 3 players)

If you have anything you would be willing to part with that might fit with my collecting interests above, let me know

I have been lazy about posting on this forum, but am glad to see more soccer card discussion, so I will try to start posting as well to keep the conversation going.

-Jonathan
Very, very nice list. I LOVE the Union Konig cards and Tinghalls cards.
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards