NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-12-2018, 05:45 PM
shelly shelly is offline
Shelly Jaf.fe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Hes also done some despicable things and not paid for it. Are we supposed to forget that?

I agree with you one hundred percent that he is a bad guy.
I am just saying that he has done research that has proven many items that sold for a lot of money have been fakes.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 25,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I agree with you one hundred percent that he is a bad guy.
I am just saying that he has done research that has proven many items that sold for a lot of money have been fakes.
He has probably made more counterfeit and fake items than he has uncovered. I wouldn't doubt he has even planted some of them. Also, my understanding from Lifson is that Nash plead the 5th over 100 times when asked where he obtained things he owned or consigned. Why would anyone plead the 5th, in court, unless they were guilty of something? I have no issue saying where I have gotten each and every item in my collection, past and present, from. It is still hard to fathom how he hasn't gotten caught with the other bad guys doing bad stuff and currently in jail for it. He was an associate of theirs and no doubt should be paying a price for his bad deeds. So, all that said there will be NO MORE links allowed on this forum to that POS person's site. Anyone can still talk about it or him but no more limks. There is too much trash there including him. Hopefully he lands in jail or worse....
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:16 AM
slidekellyslide's Avatar
slidekellyslide slidekellyslide is offline
Dan Bretta
Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 5,672
Default

The dude took "loans" from John Rogers. What were they for? Rogers was a cocaine-fueled forger and scam artist and yet you won't find the expose' on HOS. Why is that?
__________________
Looking for Nebraska Indians memorabilia, photos and postcards

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 10-15-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:38 AM
Hankphenom Hankphenom is offline
Hank Thomas
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The dude took "loans" from John Rogers. What were they for? Rogers was a cocaine-fueled forger and scam artist and yet you won't find the expose' on HOS. Why is that?
And where are the stories on Peter Nash? Thanks, Leon. Peter Nash going after the TPAs is like John Dillinger putting up wanted posters for J. Edgar Hoover!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-15-2018, 12:54 PM
David Atkatz's Avatar
David Atkatz David Atkatz is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 2,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
...my understanding from Lifson is....
You mean the Lifson who was caught stealing from the New York Public Library?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:09 PM
shelly shelly is offline
Shelly Jaf.fe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
And where are the stories on Peter Nash? Thanks, Leon. Peter Nash going after the TPAs is like John Dillinger putting up wanted posters for J. Edgar Hoover!
I am not defending Nash.
But can you tell me one thing that is wrong with that story.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:09 PM
shelly shelly is offline
Shelly Jaf.fe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
And where are the stories on Peter Nash? Thanks, Leon. Peter Nash going after the TPAs is like John Dillinger putting up wanted posters for J. Edgar Hoover!
I am not defending Nash.
But can you tell me one thing that is wrong with that story.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:11 PM
shelly shelly is offline
Shelly Jaf.fe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,949
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He has probably made more counterfeit and fake items than he has uncovered. I wouldn't doubt he has even planted some of them. Also, my understanding from Lifson is that Nash plead the 5th over 100 times when asked where he obtained things he owned or consigned. Why would anyone plead the 5th, in court, unless they were guilty of something? I have no issue saying where I have gotten each and every item in my collection, past and present, from. It is still hard to fathom how he hasn't gotten caught with the other bad guys doing bad stuff and currently in jail for it. He was an associate of theirs and no doubt should be paying a price for his bad deeds. So, all that said there will be NO MORE links allowed on this forum to that POS person's site. Anyone can still talk about it or him but no more limks. There is too much trash there including him. Hopefully he lands in jail or worse....
Wow, Leo your a bitter man.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:14 PM
shelly shelly is offline
Shelly Jaf.fe
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The dude took "loans" from John Rogers. What were they for? Rogers was a cocaine-fueled forger and scam artist and yet you won't find the expose' on HOS. Why is that?
This is the last thing I am going to say on this matter. You can hate and burn him in hell but.
Dan is there anything that he wrote about Matty that was untrue?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:04 PM
Hankphenom Hankphenom is offline
Hank Thomas
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 842
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I am not defending Nash.
But can you tell me one thing that is wrong with that story.
Who says the Matty plates are no good?

Nash calling out fakes reminds me of a certain politician claiming that all the news is fake. Because he's a fake, he'd like people to believe everything's a fake, then no one is pointing the finger at him.

Nash would love nothing more than to take down the TPAs, they're the bain of a fraudster's existence. Do they make mistakes? Duh. Is the hobby better off with them than without them? Duh.

Because of what he's done, no one should have anything to do with this guy. Answer this question: what do you think his motivation is for doing HOS?

Last edited by Hankphenom; 10-15-2018 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ripped off by a James Spence lifetime guarantee EricS Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports 68 09-22-2014 04:54 PM
$250.00 on PSA or James Spence? ScottR81 Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 24 09-19-2011 10:33 PM
O/T: James Spence Authentications at Huggins and Scott on Sat. 9/15 Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 5 09-13-2007 11:24 AM
SGC teams with James Spence! Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 4 06-29-2005 12:12 PM
James Spence Jr. Interview Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 10 05-14-2005 03:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.


ebay GSB