NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Shale Levine

Default Wanting to buy a Jackie Robinson auto. is this one real.

there is no coa from anyone on this autograph. I have seen one other time one like this signed by Jackie and Bob Feller but I think this one is Rachels signature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jr..JPG (10.2 KB, 274 views)

Last edited by toyman55; 06-28-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Richard Simon

Shale,
Here are some exemplars of Rachel's signature. The one you are looking at was signed by someone who may have hallucinated that he was Jackie Robinson, but it was not the baseball playing Jackie Robinson and not Rachel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg robinson-rachel2.jpg (33.3 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg robinson-rachel pic.jpg (36.2 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg robinson-rachel.jpg (43.7 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg robinson-rachel-ghost-gpc.jpg (53.5 KB, 275 views)
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-28-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM
keith janosky

Shale, that Robinson looks like the crap ones that are always on Coachs Corner. Not even close in my oipinion
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Jeff

Here's my authentic Jackie signature for you to use as reference...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JackieRobinsonSignedIndexCardPSADNACertified_1.jpg (56.9 KB, 242 views)

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:06 PM
J@RR0D

Richard, please sell me your next Jackie Robinson auto... even if it is on a payment plan. haha

And I agree, the one you pictured is rubbish. Sorry.

Last edited by scmavl; 06-29-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:20 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmavl View Post
Richard, please sell me your next Jackie Robinson auto... even if it is on a payment plan.

And I agree, the one you pictured is rubbish. Sorry.
did you try contacting one of the people in the other "jackie" threads about selling theirs? they got those photos for like $115 maybe they want to help you out while doubling or 3x their money in a couple weeks.

this one: http://net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=152245

Last edited by chaddurbin; 06-28-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:25 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Good seller... bad auto. I was very surprised when I first saw it listed with him.

For the record, the vast majority of other autographed items he's offering are good. He should obviously have caught this one, though. If you notify him that it's a subject of discussion on Net54, I bet he'll pull it voluntarily.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Shale Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Good seller... bad auto. I was very surprised when I first saw it listed with him.

For the record, the vast majority of other autographed items he's offering are good. He should obviously have caught this one, though. If you notify him that it's a subject of discussion on Net54, I bet he'll pull it voluntarily.
I agree, I have bought from him before and when I contacted him and told him I did not think it was real he was not happy and said all items are guaranteed to pass psa or money back.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Banned

I have noticed a lot on ebay that a lot of sellers don't guarantee it is authentic, they guarantee it will pass psa or jsa.
Old 06-30-2012, 12:23 PM

Default Jackie robinson signature

Hi guys,
i figured i would respond here for everyone to read my thoughts. I am not trying at all to hide behind psa or james spense or anything like that at all. Isn't that what these respected authenticators are for? I have been honest and upfront about this and all of the signatures in the two albums i acquirred and am starting to list. You are welcome, more than welcome, to purchase them and send them to anyone you would like to and if they do not pass you are welcome to return. It was not that i was "not happy" as one person wrote here, what i said to him was how much more fair can i be than that? To stand behind my item and offer a full return policy if not happy. This whole autograph legitimacy issue is subjective to begin with which is why you do not see me with many ever for sale. I have to feel comfortable with my source which i did? If any are subjected to a forensic, scientific, or legitimate authentication process i am happy to accept their decision. One piece of food for thought, most of the signatures are late 1940's, around 1947-48. Could it be an early example of robinson's signature that is throwing some people off, don't know? Just a thought. Again thanks for allowing me to speak and once again full return policy is present as always. Take care, bob mccann
Old 06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmccann View Post
One piece of food for thought, most of the signatures are late 1940's, around 1947-48. Could it be an early example of robinson's signature that is throwing some people off, don't know? Just a thought. Again thanks for allowing me to speak and once again full return policy is present as always. Take care, bob mccann
no, it is definately not an early Robinson signature. It is simply not his signature. I have always thought the signature below, from the back of a 1956 Dodger payroll check made out to Jack R. Robinson, was endorsed by Rachel, but maybe it was someone else since the signature, particularly the "R" in Robinson, is different than Richard Simon's exemplars of Rachel's signature.

Rick

back of check.jpg
Old 06-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Banned

it seems like you as the seller, doesn't know, then why are you selling the autograph?

you put in the tag line "pass jsa or psa or your money back" but that is just jobbing off authenticity to these tpa's. you say that is what they are for, but you as the seller have to know if its real first before you sell. do you? you are offering the autographs because you feel comfortable with the source, but that's not good enough. you have to know the autographs are real before you sell them.

why are you selling something you have no idea if it is real? If you are certain it is real, then show us why. I don't understand people selling stuff they dont have a clue on whether or not it is real or not, just saying that it will pass psa or jsa or your money back, when they know that some people wont ever send it in to psa or jsa anyway, and even if they do, what the odds psa or jsa knows if it is real either?

That's the thing about authentication and selling that drives me nuts.

before psa and jsa a seller or dealer had to know what they are selling, now they can just sell, sell, sell and say that if psa or jsa reject it, they will give money back. that's crazy. you have to know if it is real first, then sell it.

its made for less educated dealers, sellers, buyers, everyone, because everyone will just agree that psa or jsa will tell us if its real. we just saw a stamped campanella sig in a psa holder.

I ocassionally sell boxing autographs, and I don't have them with a psa or jsa cert, which instead of an LOA, i call them LOA's, because of their track record, but i dont promise they will pass psa or jsa either when I list them. i simply say that i know this is a real autograph, and i dont guarantee they will pass psa or jsa, because psa or jsa might pass or fail something and get it wrong and then I am on the hook for psa's or Jsa's mistake? I don't think so.

I go by evidence, if any evidence ANYONE brings to me can show me the autograph is no good, i will refund the buyer, and to date I have refunded someone 75 dollars on one autograph.

nobody is saying you aren't honest, but not knowing what you are selling and then promising it will pass psa or jsa is just a game a lot of people play and it's a bad policy to do it that way in my opinion. I know this post is controversial but it is true. Saying that psa and jsa will be your research only after the fact that you have sold it already, i can't fathom it. Please don't be mad at me, but if you are, it's okay, half the people here do too, and I can take it.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-30-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:34 AM

hello,
no, no problem at all. not mad at you at all. i appreciate and actually enjoy talking about this stuff and the items as well. take care, bob