NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 05-28-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Default Sports Postcard Guide by Joseph Mashburn

Posted By: Carl Lamendola

I have received numerous requests for this from my post on the Jim Thorpe postcard. It is 445 pages long, covers baseball, football, boxing, golf, tennis, bowling, etc. The author can reach him via e-mail... JMashb0135@aol.com. He's a nice guy and very knowledgeable - I'm sure he can point you in the right direction to get the book.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom D

This price guide is very informative and has lots of illustrations. I highly recommend it as a resource.

It is available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sports-Postcard-Price-Guide-Comprehensive/dp/1885940041/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212067995&sr=8-1

Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Interesting, I didn't know a guide like this existed, but how "Comprehensive" can it really be? There are literally hundreds of thousands of sports related postcards that I find it hard to believe any guide could be considered comprehensive. Does it list the 13 known different Nebraska Indians baseball team postcards?

Old 05-29-2008, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom D

If you check the Amazon listing, you can see a few sample pages from the book to get an idea of the scope of the book.

It is comprehensive in that it compiles more sports (i.e. baseball, football, tennis, boxing, etc.) in one place than any other resource I've seen. It has the most detailed listing of non-player type postcards that of seen. These are mostly early 20th century cartoon or humor type postcards.

It does not list every postcard ever printed, so if that is what you want, this book will disappoint. I collect stadium postcards and it doesn't list anywhere near the thousands of postcards listed in the Crabtree book.

That said, I've found that for postcards, there is no book that has every postcard made, so I try to build a library of resources the best I can.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Carl Lamendola

It is heavily illustrated. the pricing is low on some stuff, but its the only
thing of its kind I have seen. Maybe BecKett should buy the rights to it and pick up where he left off.