NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-07-2018, 06:12 PM
Nick

Default Random PSA thoughts and total speculation...

Hey everyone. I am really new to the collecting game. I hadn't touched cards in some 30 years until about a month ago.

I joined PSA and sent in my first 15.

Stuff that I cracked or opened. Solid Tiffany and Glossy cards. Perfect gloss. Sharp edges. Razor corners. Perfect centering. Shiny and unblemished surfaces.

Not a single 10.

6-7-8-9s.

So here is my thought process and COMPLETE speculation.....I am thinking that those that submit 1000-10000 or more cards a month get the "tie goes to the runner" benefit. Guys like me, the small personal collector types get no love on cards that are "close".

Could there be any truth to this?
Would it benefit me to find a company to submit my cards through their account/name?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

I just want to find the best way to grow and grade my collection. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-07-2018, 06:32 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinger View Post
Hey everyone. I am really new to the collecting game. I hadn't touched cards in some 30 years until about a month ago.

I joined PSA and sent in my first 15.

Stuff that I cracked or opened. Solid Tiffany and Glossy cards. Perfect gloss. Sharp edges. Razor corners. Perfect centering. Shiny and unblemished surfaces.

Not a single 10.

6-7-8-9s.

So here is my thought process and COMPLETE speculation.....I am thinking that those that submit 1000-10000 or more cards a month get the "tie goes to the runner" benefit. Guys like me, the small personal collector types get no love on cards that are "close".

Could there be any truth to this?
Would it benefit me to find a company to submit my cards through their account/name?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and experiences.

I just want to find the best way to grow and grade my collection. Thanks everyone!
You can always ask a big submitter to add your cards to their submission and see what grades you get...
Old 01-07-2018, 06:35 PM
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
You can always ask a big submitter to add your cards to their submission and see what grades you get...
How might someone like me go about finding such a person semi close to me?
Old 01-07-2018, 06:37 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinger View Post
How might someone like me go about finding such a person semi close to me?
Can always just mail it. them..being close doesnt really matter...

by the way i have a 1954 Topps PSA 8 dick cole if needed for your 1954s..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:01 PM
Nick

I do need that 54 Cole PSA 8. PM me a price?

How might I find big submitters, even if not in my city? And figure out if they are trustworthy?