NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Default 1st Annual Red Sox Yard Sale

Posted By: Dave

the first-ever Great Fenway Park Yard Sale will take place on Sunday, December 14th from 10:00 am to 5:00 p.m. The Yard Sale will give fans the opportunity to purchase Red Sox memorabilia, collectibles and souvenirs that can become their own cherished keepsakes and unique holiday presents. The selection of items will include physical parts of the ballpark such as authentic Fenway Park bricks and signage along with other items such as game-worn paraphernalia, game programs and other miscellaneous items. Additionally, fans attending the Yard Sale on Sunday will be given a unique online code that will guarantee them the ability to purchase tickets for the 2009 season online at www.redsox.com.

The online registration processes for both events will begin at noon tomorrow, Wednesday, December 3, 2008, and will continue through noon on Monday, December 8, 2008 on RedSox.com. Fans must register for each event individually and selections will be made separately for Saturday and Sunday event admittance; however, a selection of Yard Sale items will be available for sale on Saturday for fans selected to attend Christmas at Fenway presented by Stop and Shop.

For both events, the attendees will be selected and contacted from a pool of registrants and winners will be invited to come to Fenway during a selected time frame. Each winner will be sent an email confirmation, which includes their pre-selected arrival time. This confirmation must be presented at check-in with a photo ID for admittance to Fenway Park.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Dave- you are welcome to also post this on the main board if you would like to? take care

Old 12-10-2008, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil

Why wasn't this posted earlier? Since it sounds like registration ended 2 days ago?

Old 12-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I didn't read the details ...good point... but maybe there is a work around? regards

Old 12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: kg

right now i'm really po'd with the red sox. besides their poor customer service both before, during and after their september "seat sale" (which i wont even get into right now: i bought four seats from the seat sale as some of u may already know from my thread on the memorabilia forum). long story short, i received the email from them last wednesday regarding the yard sale which is this sunday (and another event, "Christmas at Fenway" on saturday). i registered for the event and expressed my desire to attend both events (i figured if i said i wanted to attend both events it would improve my chances of getting picked to attend one of them)--of course i wasnt chosen to attend either event: after already spending $1600 on two sets of seats, u would think they would have the smarts to automatically extend invitations to these events to the people who already spent a significant amount of money with them. i guess they dont want any more business from me and they would rather extend invitations to people who didnt buy any seats and who might attend the yard sale and only spend $100 on a brick (or perhaps buy nothing at all). i plan on calling them tomorrow and expressing my displeasure at their ridiculous random selection "process" and also telling them after spending $1600 on four plastic seats (that i still think are great even though i think they created alot of these "pairs" of seats by throwing random pieces together: go on ebay and look at some of the seat number combinations and u'll see what i'm talking about) i think i should be allowed to attend one of these events.

dave--did u buy any seats from the seat sale and did u register for the yard sale?? if so, did u get chosen to go??

leon--sorry if u find this post (and the thread itself) off-topic, but when i saw dave's post, i had to take the opportunity to vent!!

Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan McCarthy

I also registered for both and got the denial emails for both of them today... but then again I'm a broke college student who certainly wasn't planning on spending big money; I was mostly just looking to get into Fenway for free because it's a fun place to be. I am hoping to get some tickets when they go on sale though (the bleachers actually offer a really good view... here's Lowrie's game-winning hit in game four of the ALDS as seen from section 37: [linked image]).

Old 12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: kg

great photo--probably the coolest fenway photo i've seen in a while--i always love shots of the crowd, especially right before a big hit, everyone on their feet, standing as one, awaiting the big hit--too bad u didnt get selected either--thanks for making me feel better. i hope i didnt offend u (or anyone else) with my post--i hope i didnt come across as arrogant, but i would think u see where i was coming from. i emailed my "contact" (or lack thereof) with the red sox--we'll see what happens....

Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan McCarthy

Yeah, I did take that photo myself (it's amazing how close a 300mm lens will get you to the action even when you're in row 22 of the bleachers!). I took a ton of photos that night, but this one is actually probably my favorite - I have no idea how I got that effect on the crowd (no photoshop tricks here!) but I think it certainly conveys the excitement of the moment. Lowrie getting mobbed after his game-winner:

[linked image]

Let me know if you succeed in getting in! I don't even know what the whole "Christmas at Fenway" thing is all about, but it sounded fun sad.gif. Also, I didn't find your post offensive at all... from a business standpoint it would obviously make sense to invite somebody who is going to spend money. Perhaps they should've given season ticket holders and people who purchased seats from that sale preference or some sort of VIP-status for the festivities this weekend.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

Larry Lucchino was on a local radio show (WEEI) He was talking like the yard sale is open to anyone who wants to stop by on sunday.
And no I didn't even get an answer to my registration.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: William

Did anyone end up going to this? Was it worthwhile?