NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Default You know that you have priced your cards too low on the B/S/T when.....

Posted By: Darren

They sell before you get back from the bathroom.
You realize that the sale price you used from VCP was from 2006.
You see that same card on Ebay not 2 days later.
It's an Honus Wagner.
It's a type Leon doesn't own.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

That's just so wrong. I guess I have a freakin' target on my forehead .......

Old 04-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Dale

I don't think it happens too often, but I recently got one nice card from there I still think was a bargain. Otherwise I think the prices I've paid rival high bids on ebay and in some cases I doubt they'd have gotten that on ebay. Its a good service - I have only bought there not sold - and hope those selling are happy using it.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Kohler

Hey Darren, Not to be to blunt but get over it,.......It`s happened to all of us at sometime and if you`ve paid any attention to ebay or the BST you can get your own little bargain that will put things in back in balance....

GO YARD

Old 04-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

marty, that's a little harsh.
i think darren was a bit tongue in cheek in his post. he had some nice cards for sale earlier this week, and they sold quickly....but i didn't take what darren said as bitching.

i actually think it's a good topic. i have been using the bst quite a bit lately. i'm not trying to give my cards away, or have a "firesale"......but, i do try to price them fairly so they will move quickly for numerous reasons.

now marty, if you bought some of darren's cards and are just "giving him the business". then i will shut the f/u.

have a good night

Old 04-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

Giddy up. I like this guy Becker! Well said Andy lighten up Marty.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Administrator

I took what Dr.Darren said as a bit of jest....a little humor on an otherwise boring day. It's hard to read between the keys sometimes... I use the BST usually have pretty good luck. I have bought and sold stuff very quickly and also have priced things that were more than the market would bear at that time or no one was interested in what I had. In the latter circumstance I demanded a refund of my BST seller's fee (that's a joke)........regards

Old 04-19-2008, 05:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

For many years before I did auctions, I sold everything retail via pricelists. It didn't take more than the first day of a sale to discover which cards I underpriced. A couple of years ago I broke up an E90-2 set and listed them individually. Since I received about 14 calls on each card, it was pretty obvious I goofed. That's why I prefer the auction route over BST. I know most people are fed up with ebay but I think it is really difficult to price everything right. There is always somebody who knows more about a set than the seller, and is waiting to pounce on an underpriced card. Just my opinion, I know many will disagree.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Totally in jest. Just an observation, from the humor side of things.

Leon, I meant that if you don't already have it, it's probably gonna cost you to get it because it's exceedingly rare...I know you took it in stride. I also posted another topic immediately after on cards priced too high that got axed.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Administrator

For the record, I prefer to use the B/S/T for this community. I set a price and if it sells, good if not no problem, negotiations are always welcome.

I'm no comedian, but I do have a sense of humor (I've been told)....I'll stick to my day/night job.

Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Administrator

You said you posted a topic after this one that got axed. I am sure you don't mean that the thread or post got deleted. We would almost never do that......otherwise, I knew what you meant and was jesting back at ya.....Although I have been known to overpay drastically for things I need.....best regards

Old 04-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

For the record I did not delete the other thread...I saw both of them and realized they were different.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty Kohler

Very very sorry Darren old boy...I just didn`t get it...Duh....I was really trying to ease your pain.....I will not jump to conclusions so fast again..... lesson learned, Good Luck in your future dealings, Sincerely, Marty

GO YARD

Old 04-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt E.

In my early days of the BST...... I sold a card and then was requested by the original purchaser to go ahead and mail it to another board member because he had just resold it.

Now that is selling something too low and a quick flip.

Matt