NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Administrator

Default Yankee Girl Tobacco...baseball card inserts?

Posted By: chris

I really enjoy the informative posts in this forum. Thanks to the members who have kindly helped to educate collectors such as myself who have/are migrating from collecting memorabilia into older card issues.

I recently purchased an "Old Judge" cigar box that has no affiliation with the OJ tobacco cards unfortunatley, and I follow that blunder, albeit with some trepidation...with another Tobacco-related purchase that I would love some info on. It is a Yankee Girl tobacco box just the like large box pictured in the Hunt Auction listing link below.

(http://www.huntauctions.com/online/imageviewer.cfm?auction_num=24&lot_num=408&lot_qua l=)

Did this brand carry a baseball card insert? I noticed that the collection DNS via the Hunt Auction and would guess that the collecting interest may be limited to tobacco collectors only perhaps? As it was a $2 junk-sale buy, I am not worried about recouping costs.

Thanks!

Old 01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: 1880nonsports

with the brand. The display box and pack are "new-old" stock not worth Nuttin sad.gif. The cello is relatively common and usually fodder for the paper-sack crowd interested in late 30's and 40's - figure 25.00. The most unusal item is the small clam shell(?). Never seen one. There's also some paper "tags" that wrapped the package on the market - also N/O stock - surprised they weren't in the lot happy.gif

edited to add - oh yeah. There are sealed plugs in the marketplace as well......

Old 01-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

Thanks for the feedback. O-for-2...oh well...I'll keep searching. chris

Old 01-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Chris - I would encourage you to check out my website, www.baseballandtobacco.com. I think I've done a pretty good job of detailing the tobacco/cigarette pack associated with every baseball card issue between 1886-1930.

If you click the link for "Cigarette Boxes and Tobacco Packs" on the home page

Then click the link for the "Set Manufacturer" (note that the sets are organized by ACC number)

You will find an image of the exact pack for each set (where such image is available).

Good luck in your quest!

======================================
For the premier online souce of information on baseball-related cigarette packs, visit http://www.baseballandtobacco.com

Old 01-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: 1880nonsports

mean to disparage any aspect of the item(s) in terms of a what someone should collect or how they should go about it. My first post should have included such a message. The image is fairly striking and it's not "new" - collect what you like. Just showing where in the hierarchy others percieve it and it's availability. I have a few such visually striking but not rare items in my displays of tobacco as art (mostly card related and some baseball).

Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: chris

jon...I look forward to reviwing your sight...thanks!

1880...pls, no worries. I appreciate the items found tobacco collecting genre and have a fondness for old paper, boxes etc. My true love is collecting baseball however, and I am pleased to understand that the Yankee Girl box is actually outside of that vein.

Great forum. Great assistance! chris

Old 01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

This was a great question. Trust me...I learn something new almost every day in the hobby. That is what really makes it fun. I do collect a variety of packs related to cards...here are some...

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]