NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-03-2019, 05:33 PM
“the bambino”

Default Pleasantly surprised by PWCC.... so far

So this is my first time consigning with PWCC. Sent 24 cards for the January auction that starts tonight. They have a pretty cool dashboard that allows you to track the bids on your listings in real-time.

But what I thought was really killer is that they sent my SGC cards in to be re-holdered on their dime (better be anyway), which I didn't expect or even ask for -- a '33 Goudey Sport Kings Ruth SGC 3.5 and a '52 Topps Mays SGC 7.

Shameless plug

Man, they look so much cooler in the new holders. Even though I wasn't a fan at first, they are definitely growing on me. The glossy black inserts really make the cards pop more than the same card would in a PSA holder... no doubt about it. In fact, I'm even thinking about bidding on my own SGC cards just to get them back. Oh wait... that's shill bidding. Never mind.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:02 PM
Anson

Hopefully they didnt come back autographed after being reholdered.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Banned

good one!

Last edited by RedsFan1941; 01-03-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:52 PM

I consign 75-80% of my vintage cards to them and have always been pleased with the results. Even overly-pleased. The dashboard on their website is awesome to keep tabs on your auction. Plus, the turnaround time for the consignment check is superb.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:15 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Plus, the turnaround time for the consignment check is superb.
Please elaborate....I usually get my check a month and a half after the auction ends.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Mark Ness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlesteer View Post
Hopefully they didnt come back autographed after being reholdered.
Lmao!!! Hahahahahahaha
Old 01-05-2019, 10:28 AM
“the bambino”

I’m not too concerned about timing of payout since I’m planning on using them to upgrade many of the cards I submitted. PWCC allows you to utilize your consignment sales to fund new purchases. That’s the way I interpret the verbiage on their site anyway.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:03 AM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth_rookie View Post
I’m not too concerned about timing of payout since I’m planning on using them to upgrade many of the cards I submitted. PWCC allows you to utilize your consignment sales to fund new purchases. That’s the way I interpret the verbiage on their site anyway.
I believe that only applies to the current auction, and not that you get to hold a balance with them for future auctions.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:56 PM
“the bambino”

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
I believe that only applies to the current auction, and not that you get to hold a balance with them for future auctions.
Hmm. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I’ll email them for clarification. This is a quote from their site:

“When you consign with PWCC you may elect to keep your consignment proceeds on account with PWCC. These funds may be used to pay for items won from a PWCC auction.”

I may be wrong (I usually am!) but I interpreted that as I could let the funds sit their and utilize for future auctions.