NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 06-07-2010, 07:54 AM
Johnny S

Default Rondo is amazing !!!!!!! Go Celtics !!!!

Finally something to be excited about in the NBA. After a crushing first loss I thought the Celtics were in big trouble but last night is one of the best Finals games in a long long time it was so much fun to watch I am really looking forward to the next game. Rondo was unreal last night and stole the show but what a team effort by the Celtics, everybody did what they had to do and the Lakers lost at home !!!!!!!! Go Celtics !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Barry Sloate

Ray Allen's first half shooting was pretty amazing too. Hit his first seven three-pointers! Hope the Celts take the series.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Ray Allen's first half shooting was pretty amazing too. Hit his first seven three-pointers! Hope the Celts take the series.
Without those buckets they lose and Rondo doesn't get the freedom to do what he did, it's so cool that KG and Pierce didn't do anything offensively and the Celtics still won !!! Foul trouble really took Kobe out of his game, he looked so mad in postgame I thought he was gonna cry !! Go Celtics !!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:50 AM
H Murphy

Default Celtics

not sure if i bought into "the lakers are tougher and now know how to win " talk, but last nites C`s win was huge. Kobe was off, but Bynum and gasol can`t play ANY better than that and Boston still won in LA. Allen kept them in early, Big baby and wallace in the 2`nd half and well, we all saw Rondo the last 8 minutes or so. Rondo is one of the best "athletes" in all of pro sports that just happens to be playing point in the NBA. Kobe really was forcing the issue in the last 5 min. or so but the C`s still had enough to hold on. Like the Celts chances but would much rather be in a 2-2-1-1-1 series. as it looks now, the C`s will have to win twice in LA to win the title. P S can anyone outside of the Busses and La stand to be around the "Zen Master'? Guy`s still complaining about the refs when at 9 minutes of the 4`th quarter foul shots were LA 37 Boston 14, sheeeeeeeesh.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:20 PM
Dave

Looks like the refs were off their game. Don't they know the Home team ALWAYS wins in the NBA Playoffs? Stern is gonna have to crack the whip on these guys.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 AM
Rob G.

Ray Allen: from 8-11 to 0-13. what the .. ???
Old 06-09-2010, 12:00 PM
Noel

Default Celtics

I thought last night was something to get excited about...Fisher is about as clutch as they come and is class personified--the classless Celtics cant cash the checks their mouths are writing. 91-84 Lakers. Stuff that in your pie hole Paul Pierce.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Todd Schultz

Easy ese, any drivel that comes out of the Celtics' mouths can be matched or exceeded by Ron Artest.

I was giddy to see that Rondo got worked by a guy 12 years his senior, and that Ray Allen, who we repeatedly have heard can turn it on anytime but is too much the team player to care about his scoring, flippin TANKED. Seemed to me like it was the Lakers against Kevin Garnett, and that's absolutley fine by me.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
qu@n nguy3n

the big 3 is just too old to bring it every game anymore. one guy would have a good game, tank the next etc. if they're in sync with rondo they'd run the lakers out of the building. neither team has really played their A game and game 3 was very choppy with no flow at all (maybe thanks to the refs).

i'm guessing the celts are missing eddie house now with their outside game totally dependent on the hot/cold ray allen.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

As a Celtics fan it's too early to panic, but Pierce has been awful and we have no answer to Gasol and Bynum on the inside. If Kobe can turn it up another notch it could get very ugly; even if he can't, it's over unless Pierce starts playing better.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Johnny S

Fisher was money, good to see KG finally do something besides defense but Celtics needed to win that game. Now they have to blow out the Lakers or it's gonna be over.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Rob G.

with Bynum missing the entire 2nd half last night, the Lakers looked like a different team and Big Baby looked like an All-Star!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:17 PM

Neither team is playing that great. And, I agree, Rondo is making Celtics fans forget Bob Cousy. This is probably the "Big 3" last chance for a Celtics championship. They did win the title two years ago, so their big trade worked out that year. The Lakers are not getting support from their bench and that's one of the reasons they lost two years ago. I'm not sure the Celtics can beat them in Los Angeles, but we shall see.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:15 PM
H Murphy

Default NBA Finals

Celts did what they had to do last nite, played tough def (finally the refs let them play) made Bryant work every minute, contested for rebounds on both ends. LA looked tired in the 4th period mainly because the starters were out there all nite. Bynum`s knee will play a huge part in game 5 Sunday. Neither team has played very well and the difference, and I think it`s going 7, will be which team can play to their potential for an entire 48 minutes. Would really prefer 2-2-1-1-1 format but it is what it is. P S didn`t really care for the "Zen Master`s " thinly veiled shot at "coaching to emotion". Expect many mood candles and music to be in the LA locker room Sunday.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Johnny S

Well it's going down to the wire. The fact that the Celtics held the Lakers to 86 points tells me two things, first the Celtics defense is working and second, Kobe has no help. Last night it was Kobe against the Celtics and he almost beat them. As much as I love KG and the Celtics I have to give Kobe his props for being the best player in the NBA and try to imagine what it would've been like for Jordan if he didn't have Pippen as a teamate, and Rodman for the last three championships. The crazy part is the Lakers could easily win it all, the Celtics need to win the next game and be done with it, but it wont be easy. I hope the Lakers get blown out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:25 PM

What happened to the Celtics ?
Old 05-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Rob G.

they got old. couldn't keep up with the younger & more athletic Heat team. The Heat hung around for 3 qtrs and then took control in the 4th when the big 3 ran outta gas.

If next year's season is strike-shortened, it could work to the Celtics advantage. Shorter season, less wear on the big 3 = more energy for the playoffs.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Barry Sloate

Could this be the year that Dallas gets its first one?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Johnny S

Its definitely getting very interesting and will be fun to watch.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
What happened to the Celtics ?

Father Time + "One Arm" Rondo and a dash of a good Heat squad = early exit

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 05-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Johnny S

When Rondo got hurt they reached out to Bill Russell, Bob Cousey, and Larry Bird but they all said no thanks, Bill Walton was the only one who said he was ready to play but the Celts said the run is over and our players are ready to file for social security but thanks anyways.