NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Default Any good card shops in the Boston Area?

Posted By: Joe Jones

I am traveling to Boston next week and would like to know if there are any decent cards shops in Boston? I will not have a car,and will be staying in the financial district. So it will have to be close enough for public transportation.

Thank You!

P.S. Also looking for Great! Sox tickets, which I posted in the bst

Old 09-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

Use stubhub.com for the tickets. It's either that or: 1: Know somebody or 2: Trust a scalper.

With stubhub, you'll pay, but their service is outstanding.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

There is a place downtown called J.J. Teaparty with a decent selection of old baseball stuff. Here the link ...

http://www.jjteapartysportscards.com/

Old 09-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Miguel

There is exactly one good card shop anywhere within public transportation's range, and you're lucky that it's right near the financial district. Check out JJ Teaparty's:

http://www.jjteapartysportscards.com/

I don't think they have much pre-war, but they have plenty of post-war vintage and are run by some great guys. This card shop remind me a lot of the ones I used to visit before they all went away. There is another shop on the same street, but it is much less nice and is not dedicated entirely to sports cards.

As for sox tickets, the best bet is almost always Craig's List: http://boston.craigslist.org. In any normal season, you can expect to pay 2x face value for non-Yankee games, and probably a fair bit more for primo seats. Stub Hub is OK, but they seem to start at 3x to 4x or more, so I have never used them.

Old 09-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Neal

JJs TeaParty is a decent store. I was in there last May and they were very nice. Had a nice selection of vintage cards prices were decent.

Too Bad Halls Nostalgia in Arlington use to have a nice store with lots of Vintage material back in the early 90s. Years back in my teens I remember buying my T201 cards in there! Memories!

Old 09-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John Kalafarski

Try fantickets.com for Sox tickets. Low prices. Ace is good also. Use the phone, it works better than online.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Joe-
There is also a shop called SportsWorld in Sauguus MA on Rt 1 a little bit after Kowloons (famous Chinese/Asian food, some pro athletes eat there) on the right side heading North. It is a very large shop, filled to the brim with cards and meorabilia. While they focus on local teams, they have great post war vintage, as well as a varying inventory of prewar vintage cards and memorabilia. I believe a bus (or two or three) might be able to get you there, but I have only driven.
I would also recommend (if you have the time and inclination) stopping at the Cambridge Antique Center which is not far (about 1/2 a mile) from the Museum of Science (definitely T accessible). It is a large, multi dealer antique shop (five floors), with some dealers having early sports stuff (I have not been there in a few months, and sometimes the dealers change). It might not have pre war sports (you never know!), but if there is another antique/collectable you desire, it is probably there. Of course, if you are of the antiquing mindset, you should get to Brimfield this week, but it is not acessible by public transportation. It is however several thousand antique dealers within a mile or two in the central MA. town of Brimfield (Rt 20).
Please enjoy your stay in Boston!
Alan Elefson

Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry Haven

They used to run mail auctions years ago. Anyway, I won a Cal Ripken limited numbered signed item that was supposed to have been shipped along with a COA from the signing. They never sent the COA and never responded to mulitple requests to send it. I suspect they never had one to begin with and just put it in the description to get a higher bid.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bob donaldson

Just down the street, about 4-5 stores, from JJ Teapary's is a place that I believe is called Bay state coins. I've not been there muc recently but they used to have a decent amount of vintage stuff. A lot of it is in the back, and you had to ask them to bring it out. I'm not sure what they are like now as when I was in there a year ago the guy (Joe) who did the BB stuff was out sick. It's certainly worth a try.

Bob