NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Peter Nash loses again.....

It seems that the hobbies Knight in Shining Armor, Peter Nash, is having a few more legal issues. And if anyone didn't catch the foray on the memorabilia side, I am approximately 99% sure Rick Gallway, who was posting over there, is in fact Peter Nash. Now Nash is having conversations with himself, under that alias, on the Halls of Shame site. Maybe he is really SAM, Joey, Peter, Rick etc........ Schizophrenia is a strange disease .

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.1013330

Old 01-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Jeff

Thanks for posting Leon, it is always an interesting read when Prime Minister Pete Nice is involved. Sheesh!

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 01-28-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Rawn Hill

Looks like another "great guy". Great trophy.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 01-28-2012 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Fred

That was interesting. It seems like Nash's interpretation of life is that it's his way or no way. Unfortunately for him the legal system doesn't work that way. I'd figure if he owned 45% of that trophy and he really wanted it then he could bid on it and if he won he'd only have to pay 55% of the winning bid (+BP). I wonder how accurate that 45% number is.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Tony N.

Default Nash

I'm assuming this is the same guy that runs the Hauls of Shame website?

Tony
Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

It's so sad he is such a wonderful person in the hobby....

Please give now he needs our help guys...so he can continue to be a force for good (cough cough) in this hobby.

Hauls of Shame.

Last edited by wonkaticket; 01-28-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by e107collector View Post

Tony
Yeap....or "guys", depending on who he is impersonating today .

As I told someone, if he wants to disguise himself as himself, he is welcome to come on this site and address his issues. Otherwise, I don't think people posing as other people is good for this board. Actually, I don't think what he has been doing lends a lot of credibility to his cause. Don't get me wrong, fraud is fraud and even a fraudster can point it out.....but it's hard to take someone seriously that has so many current problems. (at least that is my view) And I hope no one will take this as me not thinking there are tons of issues in our hobby, especially on the autograph side, however I am only speaking to this one situation. best regards

ps. I should state too, that I don't have personal knowledge of any of Peter Nash's dealings. I only read what most others do, from media, chat boards, courts etc.... and go by that.

Last edited by Leon; 01-28-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:14 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Perhaps Pete said it best....
"So some stay illiterate and feeble, legally licked
You go the ways of the weasel"
Old 01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e107collector View Post

Tony
This is interesting. I've never paid much attention to the Nash drama and had no idea he was the "Haul of Shame" guy. I DO read the blog every now and then, when it gets referenced in the 'fake autograph' sub forum, but just thought of it as a lot of ranting that sometimes made sense and sometimes seemed like ridiculous whining.

Given he's apparently also a scammer (which I did not know) what's his angle with the 'Haul of Shame' deal?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default details details

details details....for your early Saturday reading pleasure. (the different color scans was only a scanning issue)

Old 01-28-2012, 02:01 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Hahaha LOL, what a walking pair of clown shoes this guy is.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:42 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I think he needs Gilbert to rip into him a little more..
Old 01-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Chuck Tapia

another buttwad with an agenda...I appreciate some of the things he has discovered, but thumbing your nose to the courts and not even showing up is an admission of guilt.

Just curious to why these chicken s***s like Koschal & Nash can never use their own name on blogs????? while they have to know who we are by skimming our IP address's. Me thinks there is WAY to many skeltons in the closet in the autograph biz and I'm happy I'm done with it all.

All photo's are scanned, Copies are being made for my framed pieces and taking ictures of the baseballs are next....

Can't wait for my fire sale in a few months. It has been fun following the boards. I have enjoyed seeing the curdled under belly of the industry, but no longer wish to be in it. I'll still follow it though as it is a great soap opera
Old 01-28-2012, 03:29 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Perhaps MC Search should start R.A.P.E.?

Rappers Against Phony Educators
Old 01-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Belltown Vintage

So, no one wants to explain his agenda? I'm not getting it.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:31 PM
David G

Default Agenda

If you read the website, an awful lot of the rants are directed at Rob Lifson and REA. He is also involved in legal issues with REA per the article. Broadly, he seems to have an agenda to discredit REA.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixtofan View Post
If you read the website, an awful lot of the rants are directed at Rob Lifson and REA. He is also involved in legal issues with REA per the article. Broadly, he seems to have an agenda to discredit REA.
Thanks David. Usually when someone (Nash) attacks the the same person/company, there's a reason for it. This guy went to a lot of trouble to set up a blog seemingly targeted at memorabilia fraud. I'm reading in this 'Nash Fvckfest' that he's a scammer. Doesn't really gel - I was just wondering what the history was that led to the current situation.

But I realize that explaining anything wasn't the intent of this thread, so I'll step aside and let the bashing continue. Very witty stuff.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:49 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I'm starting to think that it possible that Pete has absolutely no idea how to earn credibility. In the memorabilia field he seems to think that he can earn credibility by bashing/outing shady people despite being shady himself. Much like his rap career, where he tried to earn credibility by bashing vanilla Ice, despite the fact the he, himself, was just another fake white rapper.. Throwing other people under the bus does not make you any more credible...

Last edited by novakjr; 01-28-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Michael

As much as this hurts, I agree with you Scott

Last edited by photo111; 01-28-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: left out the name
Old 01-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo111 View Post
As much as this hurts, I agree with you Scott
Take 2 Tylenol and have a glass of wine. Agreeing with me should not be painful.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Take 2 Tylenol and have a glass of wine. Agreeing with me should not be painful.
Until he gets a good phone number on file, per board rules, he won't be posting anymore. Same rules for everyone. Why does it seem like there are a rash a bad registrations lately? Is it that difficult to have your real name and a phone number privately on file?
Old 01-28-2012, 05:41 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Until he gets a good phone number on file, per board rules, he won't be posting anymore. Same rules for everyone. Why does it seem like there are a rash a bad registrations lately? Is it that difficult to have your real name and a phone number privately on file?
Foul!!!! I finally get someone to agree with me on something, and you pull the plug. I was about to name this guy my deputy.

(although, I must admit - I don't know what he was agreeing with)

Last edited by Runscott; 01-28-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Foul!!!! I finally get someone to agree with me on something, and you pull the plug. I was about to name this guy my deputy.

(although, I must admit - I don't know what he was agreeing with)
Sorry Scott. All I did was click on his name, look at all of the posts he has done (ironically the exact same amount as Rick Gallway before he got banned), saw the disputes he has had, then called his phone number on file. It was disconnected. As soon as this guy "Michael Penz" and I have a chat, I will apologize to him in this thread and let him back. No harm done.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:54 PM
Ke.n K0hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Much like his rap career, where he tried to earn credibility by bashing vanilla Ice,.
Hey Wonka. It's all clear to me now. I see why you don't like this guy. It's because he's been busting on your buddy.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:57 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcohen View Post
Hey Wonka. It's all clear to me now. I see why you don't like this guy. It's because he's been busting on your buddy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fb.jpg (46.6 KB, 384 views)

Last edited by novakjr; 01-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Sorry Scott. All I did was click on his name, look at all of the posts he has done (ironically the exact same amount as Rick Gallway before he got banned), saw the disputes he has had, then called his phone number on file. It was disconnected. As soon as this guy "Michael Pe.nz" and I have a chat, I will apologize to him in this thread and let him back. No harm done.
Michael (photo111) and I spoke on the phone. We are all good. I apologized to him for the hassle but we got updated info and he is back in good standing. Sorry for the interruption.

Last edited by Leon; 01-28-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Michael

No big deal Leon. I should have updated my information anyway.
Scott, I agreed with your questions about Nash.
But, I can't be your deputy, I'm an officer.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:47 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Welcome back Michael.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Johnny S

Seems like he's a very passionate baseball history buff who got in over his head after buying some high priced stuff that was great forgeries. It snowballed from there with some very bad decisions and seems to be getting worse. A good lesson of don't bite off more than you can chew and with high priced memorabilia be very careful if you are not wealthy. Rea made a huge mistake giving him an advance on bogus material and rather than pay them back he became a vigilante for fake and stolen items but in the process seems to have done some of the same things he exposes others for. All in all a big mess and not looking to get any better.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBenderForever View Post
Seems like he's a very passionate baseball history buff who got in over his head after buying some high priced stuff that was great forgeries. It snowballed from there with some very bad decisions and seems to be getting worse. A good lesson of don't bite off more than you can chew and with high priced memorabilia be very careful if you are not wealthy. Rea made a huge mistake giving him an advance on bogus material and rather than pay them back he became a vigilante for fake and stolen items but in the process seems to have done some of the same things he exposes others for. All in all a big mess and not looking to get any better.
Nice re-cap!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBenderForever View Post
Hmmmm not quite that simple. Theres more to Pete Nash than that. Simply put nobody who is just a liitle over their head is involved in as much crap and legal stuff as he is.

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 01-29-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonkaticket View Post
Hmmmm not quite that simple. Theres more to Pete Nash than that.

John
I completely agree with John. There is a whole lot more to Peter Nash than that...
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Nash

It seems at though Peter Nash is a brilliant individual. Ya'll know what they say, there is a fine line between genius and insanity. The problem that hasn't been mentioned is that some fraudulent 19th century material in the hobby was allegedly made by Nash. He allegedly would take 2 old items, put them together, and make a 3rd item. So all of the items would be old but they wouldn't be what they are purported to be. That is the rub. So now, since he is in trouble (by the court docs I have seen) he is now holding the flag of do-gooder and trying to rid the hobby of the exact things he has allegedly done. That is the situation. There is no doubt he has exposed some fraud in the hobby. Unfortunately, he seems to have a ton of skeletons of the exact same nature (not autographs, I am aware of) in his closet as what he is uncovering. I don't discount what he says I just wonder why he doesn't get his own house in order before he crusades against what he is purported to have done?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Barry Sloate

I've never mentioned this on the board before, but there was a point in time when I knew Peter very well and we developed a pretty good friendship. I would say this was around 1993-94. And I have to say Peter was a really interesting guy. He was just coming out of his short career as a rap star ( the shelf life of a white guy in the hip hop world apparently isn't too long), he had been offered a part in one of Spike Lee's films (he turned it down), he was an up and coming baseball historian with a really nice collection, he had this beautiful apartment in Greenwich Village where I used to visit him regularly (and he likewise came into Brooklyn and hung out in my neck of the woods), and it certainly seemed he was living the good life. Peter is a super smart person, very charismatic, and I have to admit that while I am perhaps ten years his senior, during that friendship I always looked up to him. He seemed to have achieved this very high level of success at a very young age, and as I said, his intelligence and charm were a pretty powerful combination.

But I guess things happened over the years, money problems or something, and since that time not everything has worked out. I know from my own experience doing trades and deals with him, things would often get unnecessarily complicated and sometimes spin out of control. I lost touch with Peter many years ago but I still think of him fondly.

Peter, if you are reading this, I hope things work out for you. I am mystified by many of the things I am hearing.

Last edited by barrysloate; 01-29-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Michael

Leon, what are the items he created?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:55 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

It's nice to hear that Barry. I'll bust on the guy for his rap career, but as far as his hobby dealings, I don't know much other than what I've read. There's always two sides to every story, and I don't think we ever hear much of his sides...This might be by his own doing.

Honestly though, he may not be a bad guy. His track record, however, leads me to believe that there may be some underlying issues. My son was recently diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, it's a highly functioning form of autism...That often leads to anti-social/entitled behavior, and the "I'm always right" type attitude. I myself, show some of these behaviors. Numerous famous and brilliant people are reported to have/had Aspergers, including Bill Gates, Isaac Newton, Alfred Hitchcock, Einstein, Darwin, Jim Henson, Woody Allen, Mark Twain, Henry Ford, and Mark Zuckerberg amongst others. Is it possible that Pete might suffer this same disorder?

I believe it is possible that many of us suffer this syndrome. I could be a great explanation as to why many of us are so passionate about something that, in the ultimate order of things, is so insignificant... We use it as our anti-social escape, and have turned into our little exclusive, know it all club, especially on this board. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way though..

Last edited by novakjr; 01-29-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default don't really want to say

Quote:
Leon, what are the items he created?
There are allegedly some trophy balls and other very early historic baseball items that have been found to be of questionable origins. I don't have first hand knowledge.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Barry Sloate

David- I do know what Asperger's is (if you've ever watched the show Parenthood, there's a young character named Max who has it), and I am sorry to hear your son has it too. But Peter had very highly developed social skills, so I am going to say that isn't it.

I want to add that a number of you have seen videos of Peter's hip hop performances as Pete Nice, and I must say that Peter is absolutely nothing like that in person. That was a character he played during his rap career. In person he is soft spoken and articulate, with none of those rough edges. That was just a professional role he played.

Last edited by barrysloate; 01-29-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:05 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
He was just coming out of his short career as a rap star the shelf life of a white guy in the hip hop world apparently isn't too long.
Then how do you explain your 20+ years as MC Sloate??

I'd like to add I grew up a huge 3rd Bass fan as a kid I'm sure I too would like or really like Pete. I have also heard and have knowledge that at one time and perhaps today there has never been a guy who knew so much and was so good at research and history of this game. Make no mistake Pete is truly an amazing hobby historian and loves this game.

It would just seem that Pete turned to the dark side if you will and the stuff he has done is inexcusable. The entire Hauls Of Shame site to me is as transparent as one can get. It’s a clear smoke screen to bring attention away from his actions which he is facing daily trust me. Sort of like it will be hard for the park service to bust your chops about a camp fire when you set the park a blaze.

It would be nice to see Pete come clean and resurrect himself but I think that is too much to wish for if I’m being honest. I think he and the situations he has created are just too far gone. That is the real Haul of Shame here sadly.

Cheers,

John

Last edited by wonkaticket; 01-29-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Barry Sloate

John- white guys have enough trouble in the world of rap...much less Jewish guys. I fought an uphill battle for all those 20 years!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Jeff

John,
That may very well be some of your finest work.
Barry it appears you were a natural at the Game.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 01-29-2012, 11:38 AM
John
J0hn McD@niel

LOL, how much does a 3 pound gold necklace Star of David go for these days anyhow?

I guess you could always bring Leon into the mix as DJ Dreidel...

Hope you're doing well Barry drop me line sometime love to catch up I know Sarno and I have been talking NYC dinnner again etc.

Cheers,

John
Old 01-29-2012, 11:44 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Barry, there's more to the syndrome than can be related on tv. And I wasn't suggesting that he is a full-on prime example, but rather shows some signs. A person with Asperger's can be extremely social. And given his previous career, I suspect that he was often the life of the party, the center of attention, well respected, and often surrounded by people who just followed his every whim. The sociality isn't because a person does well in typical social situations, but rather because they're doing what they want, when they want and people cater to it, or follow his lead. The anti-social behavior comes from adversity, and the lack of comprehension on how to act when things don't go their way, because in their eyes, they are always right. Which could explain the amount of focus that he spent on Mr. Lifson, because he just couldn't let it go, and see the reality of the situation. It could also explain why he keeps ending up in these odd court situations, because a little bit of turmoil turns into an all out war. Or as you stated in your dealings "things would often get unnecessarily complicated and sometimes spin out of control".
Old 01-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Jeff

...or it could be as simple as he has made some very poor choices and instead of dealing with them and trying to get past them he employs his obvious skills in all matter of diversionary tactics and grudge bearing.

edit to add: father of 11 year old high functioning autistic son

Old 01-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Barry Sloate

Jeff- truth be told, I hate hip hop. I'm more a Beatles/Jefferson Airplane/Buffalo Springfield kind of guy. I'm still living in the 60's.

John- I've been thinking the same thing. We should try to get the old guys together, and maybe some new ones, for a NYC dinner. Let's keep that on the front burner.

David- I'm sure Asperger's is a whole lot more complicated than it is pictured on TV. I didn't mean to trivialize it. I just don't know if that is what's behind Peter's actions.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Jeff- truth be told, I hate hip hop. I'm more a Beatles/Jefferson Airplane/Buffalo Springfield kind of guy. I'm still living in the 60's.

John- I've been thinking the same thing. We should try to get the old guys together, and maybe some new ones, for a NYC dinner. Let's keep that on the front burner.

David- I'm sure Asperger's is a whole lot more complicated than it is pictured on TV. I didn't mean to trivialize it. I just don't know if that is what's behind Peter's actions.
Barry, so you're more White Rabbit than White Rapper.
I knew as much - just havin' a little fun.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
No big deal Leon. I should have updated my information anyway.
Scott, I agreed with your questions about Nash.
But, I can't be your deputy, I'm an officer.
Thanks, Michael. Once the in-guys asked the question I got the answers I was looking for
Old 01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:

No problem Barry. I didn't think you were. To be honest, while I believe he does show some of those traits, they could very well be unrelated. It could just be as simple as that he got used to always getting what he wanted, and didn't know how to handle it when it stopped.. and as Jeff stated. He tries to divert negative attention away from himself..
Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Barry, so you're more White Rabbit than White Rapper.
I knew as much - just havin' a little fun.
I love White Rabbit...now that's a great song.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:39 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Barry 100% agree the old crew needs to ride again!

John