NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Default Some cool OJ poses

Posted By: john/z28jd

I was going to send OJ scans to a couple people but i figured why not post them here.I went thru my collection and found some cool poses i figured id post.Anyone else wanna show some of their favorite OJ poses.I was going to include Ewing/Mascot but didnt for 2 reasons,everyones seen it and it showed up a little too light in the scan.These arent exactly the best players but isnt everyone getting tired of those hall of famers anyway they think theyre so good!

PS Chris, theres the infamous Orr card that gets me madde(n)r everytime i see it

Old 12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris B.

Awesome cards John! Hopefully you can add the Madden/rock pose to your collection soon (the Orr is pretty cool too though )

Old 12-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Administrator

The Fields card in the top left didnt show up too well but i love the fact he has a catchers glove and a throwing glove on.Im thinking about sacrificing the Orr card to the old jduge gods to make up for my sin of choosing it over the Madden card

Old 12-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Johnnyhotwalker

....Giddy-up.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

Here are a few OJs with commentary above the pictures:

I like the way this Corkhill pose was staged. You can see his eyes looking up at the ball that is suspended at the top of the picture. You can barely see the bottom of the ball at the top border.

The Graves photo shows him with the two hand protectors (gloves).

The Welsh photo below looks like a lot of people that just got bent over by lousy ebay sellers and paypal rules.

One of my favorite cards (which I don't have) is of Mack in a typical catchers crouch. A ball is suspended right in front of him. He appears to be concentrating on the ball. To me it's one of the funnier poses I've seen.

Old 12-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Administrator

That Graves card is great looking! Ive never seen that card/pose before,might have to add it to my wantlist

Those poses where the guys are looking down at the ball are just odd,could you imagine showing people your first baseball card and not being able to tell its really you

Anyone have the pose described in the books as Hanrahan-squatting on bat? Thats one pose im not sure i want to see

Old 12-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

These posed cards remind me of the 1960's sets where every pitcher was in his follow-through, every big batter at the end of his swing and every infielder was ready to field.

Football was worse--every QB had his arm cocked back to throw, every RB was ready to take the handoff and every lineman looked like Bruno Sammartino ready to grapple with Buddy Rogers.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

"I've fallen and I can't get up."

A defensive "Genius."

Old 12-16-2004, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Masson

I collect jockey and racing cards. Any interest in parting with that Ted Power OJ? Email me if so...

Old 12-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

(Duffy looks like he's batting, but his bat has recently--disappeared! Strange...)

(That's Ewing)

Old 12-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

What is that thing that is in front of the Poor Man?

Old 12-16-2004, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Bruce, I used to own a "Genius" card. The one I had, you could see the name on the photo. His name is actually Genins, if I remember correctly. Great typo on Godwin's part.

Any chance you are willing to aprt with the Hengle?

Jay

The difference between genius and insanity is acceptance.

Old 12-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: E. Angyal

Is there any chance that the Mascot on the Chicago card (Hahn) is the same Hahn that appears in the T-206 set? If so, would the Old Judge be his rookie card (I'm kidding)? Just wondering.

Eric

Old 12-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Ed Hahn didn't start his career until 1905, so it's not the same player.

Jay

The difference between genius and insanity is acceptance.