NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Default Barry Bonds dresses up like Paula Abdul

Posted By: craig

sorry leon but i just had to show this off, you will all really get a kick out of this.

craig
http://articles.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20060228195909990002&cid=936

Old 03-03-2006, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DJ

The scumbag is filming a "Reality show". That's the only reason why he did it. What did you expect to see?

Him screaming at people, skirting around steroid questions, blaming the press for everything, pretending not to ruin baseball, acting like the "jack-hole" that he is and being surly throughout? Wouldn't make for good TV.

Gimme a break.

Sorry Board...

DJ

Old 03-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

He IS the Best ever! Period!!

Old 03-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Administrator

Best ever? Now that's funny.

Old 03-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Whatever you think of Bonds as a ballplayer there really is no dispute that he's just about the most miserable guy in all of professional sports. When I saw the picture initially I was shocked that a guy like that was capable of laughing at himself - until I read the BS about his reality show which is just a thinly veiled attempt at making him look human (as if it were possible). And the only reason he wants to appear human this year, of all years, is due to his anticipated assault on the HR record and his hope to increase his popularity so he can sell more crap with his likeness on it. The releases that he required of the press is just the cherry on the top of a rancid sundae. The guy really does reek regardless of what you think of his skills.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

his "SWING" is one to watch !....he might not bring
popularity to some ,spoiled brat at times, yes. How-
ever,great player.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

And Bonds' pursuit for records and in fulfilling the American, Capitalistic dream, is different that most any other athlete, how???

Old 03-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I think Bonds's pursuit of money and records is different than many other professional athletes in that he is generally nastier, more selfish and is an admitted user of topical steroids. Other than that he's the same as everyone else who plays for pay.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

As much as I don't like Bonds I like to watch him hit. I've watched him in batting practice and I'm just amazed at what he does. Hold on, this is a Bonds thread and we're 9 posts deep and the "S" word hasn't surfaced...

Wow, now that's got to be a record!

Old 03-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

he's SO much cuter as a brunette...

Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Administrator

"S" word?
Yeah, there's that to. I have all the respect in the world for Hank Aaron as he did it clean.

Bonds? I think not. If he was a bad guy, he's a bad guy who deserves the record. If he's a bad that cheats, that's a different story.

I personally hate the guy with a passion. Am I intrigued when he comes up to the plate? Yes! Is is his swing an work of art? Yes! Is his head three times too large for his frame? Yes!

DJ

Old 03-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

It's always interesting how unlikable players from today are disliked, yet dark people from the past (Hoss Radbourne, Ty Cobb) are fan favorites. Perhaps overtime, dead players become like fictional charectors and you'd rather read a novel about Al Capone than than Florence Nightingale. If you read about some of the Old West bandits, you'll see that some of them were nothing more than serial murderers. It's only with time that they would be romanticized as they are.

I'm not immune to this, as my all time favorite players are Robin Yount (modern, nice & quiet) and Ty Cobb (vintage).

Old 03-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

DJ, Yup, his cap size is a bit larger than most. Perhaps a little "clear" or "cream" could take care of that.

I really do like to watch him hit... It's been a long time since I watched him play at ASU until now. You could see the talent back then. Only thing, he didn't have the best stats on that ASU team.

Ok, back to the main topic - I don't think he'd make a good drag queen... he does have the drama queen part down (where he cries about the media beating him up)...

If a game was on the line I wouldn't want anyone else but (post 2000) Bonds at the plate. He does make that part of the game exciting as hell.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: H Murphy

He got exactly what he wanted. "i don`t care if people like me or not" He worked for years to get his wish and he did. I, and most of my other baseball loving friends, don`t care if he hits 1000 Hr`s. The Greatest, next time he gets together with his god-father he`ll be looking at "the Greatest!"

Old 03-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

more like Venus Williams !

Old 03-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

I was think more like Star Jones