NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 09-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Nick Pascal

Default Start of My First Vintage Set! 1948-'49 Leaf

Hey all...Been a long time reader of this board, and finally decided to start posting some more.

I've been thinking about putting together the 48-49 Leaf set for a while in a very "well-loved" condition. Love the color and simplicity of the cards, and I think it has a nice mix of cheap commons, some stars, and some heavy hitters. I picked this card up a few months back, but then progress halted:

But went to my first card show in about 13 years yesterday, and finally picked up a decent lot for a good price to get me started! Paid $30 for the Doerr, and $5 a piece for the other 11. (The scan cuts off some edges on the top and left sides.)

Think this gives me a good jumping off point, and I can't wait to start making some progress. I'll be updating this thread with new pickups, so check back every now and then if you're interested. Look forward to becoming more involved in this awesome community of collectors!
Old 09-23-2012, 03:49 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default Great looking, but tough set!

The Wagner is on my personal short list of cards I must have...enjoy the set and good luck!!! Matt
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM
John Manning

Default 48 Leafs PSA style

Welcome to the collecting community! You've chosen a good but really tough set. I have some graded cards that might help, if that's the way you're going. I'll send what I have via PM.

By the way, if you send material to PSA for for grading, remind them CLEARLY what you want done. The first time I sent off my Aberson full sleeve, they sent it back with no variety listed. So I sent it in again, asking this time that they pay attention to the varieties of this card. This was returned...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aberson full sleeves 001.jpg (75.2 KB, 90 views)