NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Name that autograph! Looking for help.

Ok so first I want to say that these autographs are not from the same collection, so if something is bad please do not let that effect your judgement on the rest.

There are signatures I am not familiar with, and some I am which I am not sure if they are authentic.

I am putting my opinion next to each (not like it matters lol)

Help is always greatly appreciated.

1. Mickey Mantle. I personally do not think it is good due to the fact that it is much smaller than others I have seen but I'll let the Mantle experts chime in on this.

2. Wade Boggs. Looks good to me

3. Don Mattingly. Looks good as well.

4. Carl Yastrzemski. Looks fine.

5. Brooks Robinson. Unsure

6. Hank Aaron. Unsure

7. Wayne Gretzky. I think it's good

8. Joe Montana. No Clue

9. Dan Marino. No idea

10. Who Is This? Is It Good?

11. Who is this? Is It Good?

12. Who is this? Is It Good?

13. Who Is This? Is It Good?

14. Who Is this? Is It Good?

Old 10-16-2017, 02:24 PM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Without commenting on authenticity.....

#10 appears to be Bruce Driver
#11 is Jeff Beukeboom
#12 is Bobby Murcer
#13 appears to be Adam Graves.
#14 is Kevin Lowe

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox

Last edited by Steve D; 10-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Ben North

That Wade Boggs is bad IMHO just like the one in the auto section I PMed you about that you now have listed as sold. I did ask other Boggs collectors about it and they all also said it was bad.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ben,

I spoke to many people about the Boggs as well and when taken into context with the collection (everything was good and signed in 80's) they concluded it was most likely good. Who is faking a Boggs Signature in 84 anyways?

I am not looking to beat anyone out of $15 lol so if by some chance it isn't good, I stand behind every single item I sell 100% of the time and will always offer a lifetime money back guarantee.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:54 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
Without commenting on authenticity.....

#10 appears to be Bruce Driver
#11 is Jeff Beukeboom
#12 is Bobby Murcer
#13 appears to be Adam Graves.
#14 is Kevin Lowe

Steve
Must be a hockey guy! Thanks a ton. Now I need to figure out if they are good.

Murcer seems good based on other exemplars I have just quickly looked at.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:03 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Ben,

I spoke to many people about the Boggs as well and when taken into context with the collection (everything was good and signed in 80's) they concluded it was most likely good. Who is faking a Boggs Signature in 84 anyways?

I am not looking to beat anyone out of $15 lol so if by some chance it isn't good, I stand behind every single item I sell 100% of the time and will always offer a lifetime money back guarantee.
You must be in your 30's or did not watch baseball in the 80's/90's. What does the context of a collection have to do with anything? In the 80's and early 90's Boggs was the man in baseball. His minor league card was one of the most counterfeited cards in the 80's and his autograph was also highly forged. I do agree on why would someone do it now when a $5 bill ans a SASE will get you his real auto. Just offering my honest opinion form someone who has actually collected Wade Boggs items for more than 30 years.
Old 10-16-2017, 03:09 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

and I am not doubting your opinion nor rendering is useless. I am simply stating that I also received opinions on it from people I trust and go to in the hobby. They could be wrong but so can anybody. In regards to the ball, it is my father's friends who is loaded and isn't even looking to sell it. He just gave it to me and guaranteed me he got it signed in person. He has no reason to lie about it. That is why I think it's good compared to some exemplars I quickly glanced at.
Old 10-17-2017, 07:34 PM
Jeremy K

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Ben,

Stephen - As someone who pointed out to you the many steel stamped (not signed) images of Yankees players you have listed in that same BST thread which you have yet to remove, I don't see how you can make the "I am not looking to beat anyone out of $15" argument. And if Doc Gooden had help answering his fan mail (we can look to all the secreterial Gooden signatures you have listed - there are some good examples in there too, I pointed one out in the same string of PM messages for comparison) then we surely can assume that Wade Boggs had someone helping with his too. Context is meaningless; the autographs are real or they are not. It is probably not advisable to sell things that you don't know about or to ignore good advice when it comes your way.

J.eremy K.raft
Old 10-17-2017, 07:52 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Jeremy,

The stamped photos were all removed 3 days ago from eBay after your PM. I didn't take them down here because I simply forgot. I didn't think it's a big deal anyway to leave them up here because it's not like someone can buy it now and pay anyways without contacting me first. I also did more research and took all my Seaver autographed items down as well on ebay. Also, how can you write a post like this when I wrote back saying I obviously do not want to sell fakes and to point out which were not good in your opinion and you never responded?

Honestly, I have a ton of people here who I've done business with and have NEVER EVER EVER cheated or stole from anyone. I'm actually one of the good ones and I'm sure many people here will vouch for that. It's funny because I've been scummed by a few people who claim to be on the up and up on here and are actually sleezy.

I first got into this hobby because I loved it. Then I got more into the dealing, but one thing I learned quickly is that while there are a lot of nice people, there are triple the amount of crooks and slime balls. I'm sure a lot of people see that too so I get why you may say these things considering you have no idea who I am, however the last thing I'd ever do is cheat someone and I offer lifetime money back guarantees on everything I sell. No buyer Caveat with me (unlike some people).