NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Casey

Default DiMaggio Authentic Please? Only a few hours on eBay

This one I can get for a song. I need some quick help. Last one for a while. I promise. Thanks!!!!! Casey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181209_143254.jpg (72.2 KB, 181 views)
Old 12-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Chuck Tapia

Still so hard to see. I "think" it could be possible? I would pass for a song due to the fact it is faded beyond recognition. So many other good ones out there. Don't go on the cheap, get yourself something you can enjoy. Don't make $$$ the issue.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Casey

I hear you. And you are right. What hooked me is that it comes with the DiMaggio two volume book set in mint condition (nice on it's own). They found this picture laminate stuffed inside one of the books. It's a charity organization and they have no idea what they have. (Like Goodwill or somebody) The buy now is $10. I like quirky things like this...but not if it is not real.

Last edited by Case12; 12-10-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:03 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Case12 View Post
I hear you. And you are right. What hooked me is that it comes with the DiMaggio two volume book set in mint condition (nice on it's own). They found this picture laminate stuffed inside one of the books. It's a charity. The buy now is $10. I like quirky things like this...but not if it is not real.
I will give you the answer. Is it still for sale right now, if so it is 100% fake. If it sold almost instantly after you posted it on here saying it was cheap and on eBay it is real. I guarantee my answer is correct.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:40 AM
Casey

You guys are right. I am going to stop being a cheapo and do this right. Get something authenticated for a few bucks more. I will sleep better at night.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:34 AM
Ben North

Quote:
You guys are right. I am going to stop being a cheapo and do this right. Get something authenticated for a few bucks more. I will sleep better at night.
There is nothing wrong with being cheap, I have got many great items that way. When being cheap you need to have all the information to make the decision on your own. I can guarantee if you post a "is it real" question for something for sale cheap on a forum/message board and it is real someone will buy it way before you get an answer.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:01 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Ben, good point!

The books would be cool, but if the photo is laminated, it may be real, but pretty worthless anyway., IMHO. A faded laminated photo you don't need it. Even better than authenticated is something like this for $125.00.

Not the greatest pose, but a nice "best wishes" salutation with a little smudge and at least it's authentic. I think you could get a nice dimaggio signed photo for 100.00 bucks or less these days? I've paid as much as $200 for some poses and have sold some for over $300 back in the day. Good luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (69.6 KB, 147 views)
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Steve Zarelli

A name was washed off this one and the solvent went into the "Best Wishes" smearing it a little.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:12 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
A name was washed off this one and the solvent went into the "Best Wishes" smearing it a little.
nice call Steve,

I think I've tried that a time or too with results that weren't that good!
Old 12-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
nice call Steve,

I think I've tried that a time or too with results that weren't that good!
I have had decent luck with Sharpie. I have one personalized to Clint, not even sure I have ever met a Clint. It's in gold paint pen.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:12 PM
Casey

Please help me. This is a scoreboard plaque. One of several available. I do like this pose and preframed saves money. But, is this an Authentic one? Thanks again so much!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20181210_220715.jpg (64.5 KB, 53 views)