NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-08-2016, 09:19 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default Help solve argument with Greg- botn

Greg says I FREQUENTLY cite/quote VCP in my listings

I stated i have never cited VCP in any listings i have ever made so he is wrong.

He disagrees and is calling me a liar..

he didnt say i quoted a past sale, he says i quote VCP

Greg says since i have posted a past sale on a card, thats the same thing as VCP because a past sale shows up a lot of times (not in the case of a 1952 Mantle psa 5 recently apparently)

I know i have never quoted a past sale and been 70k off quoting (like Greg was in the 1952 Mantle psa 5 thread) VCP due to VCP evidently not having all past sales....thats why i post past sales and not 'VCP'

I thought VCP is a range of pricing.

We are going back and forth. Can the net54 community pipe in...if i am wrong than i am wrong but i dont even have access to VCP so not sure how i am citing VCP. I agree i am citing past sales but not a VCP average of sales, plus i dont even have access to it...

Who is right.....i would like to stop the email exchanges..

Yes i know there will be comments of why is it posted here but its pointless to keep getting emails back and forth and say what everyone else will say in theory..i want to see it here....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-08-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:21 AM
Ben North

I agree that posting a past sale is the same as posting VCP(whatever that is). All I know for sure is you(Jake) post a lot about past sales prices and for some strange reason think everybody should tell you about their trades/deals.

Did that help? Did I win a prize?
Old 07-08-2016, 10:32 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

i dont care about their past sales/trades, where did you get that from.

I just know that you said i cite VCP frequently in my sales listings and called me me liar when i said i dont. Posting a lone sale to me isnt citing VCP..lets see what others think, no need to attack me on pms..you can just post them here which i assume you wont be attacking me or making stuff up if everyone can see it... you wont ever see me ever quoting VCP on any sale i ever made, yet you say i do it frequently.

then you said posting a past sale is the same thing as posting VCP when you couldnt find any examples.....i just think your logic is wrong

all i know the last time you posted VCP you were 70k off a few days ago on the mantle psa 5...i havent posted a lone sale and been 70k off yet..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-08-2016 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:43 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Greg- i not going to pm with you . i told you that alrady ..anything you write i will just post here.. 12:43 pm 7/8/16

I just love your auction listings where you are willing to sell a card in the same grade for 5% less than what PWCC gets. HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

--not sure what you mean...but keep pming away! have fun!

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-08-2016 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:44 AM
je.sse @rnot

The 52 Mantle you are referencing is not a fair comparison. VCP is off by 70k because they haven't added a 125k transaction for a dead centered PSA 5 ebay sale.

I don't have a problem with you mentioning what a previous card sold for in your listings. It's information I would look up any way before making an offer. The distinction between a previous sale or VCP data or averages is not worth fighting about in my opinion, but to answer your question I don't remember you mentioning VCP in your listings.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:01 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
The 52 Mantle you are referencing is not a fair comparison. VCP is off by 70k because they haven't added a 125k transaction for a dead centered PSA 5 ebay sale.

I don't have a problem with you mentioning what a previous card sold for in your listings. It's information I would look up any way before making an offer. The distinction between a previous sale or VCP data or averages is not worth fighting about in my opinion, but to answer your question I don't remember you mentioning VCP in your listings.
right it not his fault he was off, i not saying that. I just saying that when i quote past sales i dont ever risk an issue of posting what VCP is and them missing a sale whether it be 5 dollars or 70k. He says i quote VCP all the time and said im a liar when i denied that... He said posting a past sale is the same thing as VCP, i contend he is wrong...and he keeps sending me harassing pms saying im a liar and other things he wont pm again because ill just list them here

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-08-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
i dont care about their past sales/trades, where did you get that from.
This thread YOU started is why I call BS on your above statement. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224574

You ask about a specific type of trade. I say I have done that exact type of trade with several members. Then another member comes on and says he has made those trades with me and others. You then completely dismiss those posts because YOU did not know about them.LOL

I think this thread you also started might be along the same lines. I'm not 100% sure what it is about besides people sending you a description of sales they completed but not with you. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224648

Jake if you quit responding to Greg the argument will be over. It is really that easy.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:15 AM

All VCP does is list a sale price. So there is no difference between a VCP sale price and you looking at the end of an auction and reporting a sale price. The information is the same. This argument is asinine because you're essentially saying "I looked out the window and saw the sky was blue" instead of "A website told me the sky was blue".
Old 07-08-2016, 11:20 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

you ALWAYS throw out the high and low outliers...and average the middle

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-08-2016, 11:22 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
All VCP does is list a sale price. So there is no difference between a VCP sale price and you looking at the end of an auction and reporting a sale price. The information is the same. This argument is asinine because you're essentially saying "I looked out the window and saw the sky was blue" instead of "A website told me the sky was blue".
the mantle 52 was not in the the sky, however so apparently the sky is not always blue....also isnt VCP an average price...easy to to say VCP, but pointing to the lowest price or highest price and say that VCP, i thought VCP is the average pricing not just one price, maybe im wrong..

can say i used a past sale but to say VCP in capital letters again means to me a vcp average, one member already said he doesnt remember me ever quoting VCP but does remember me quoting a past sale so theres probably something to distinguish there

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-08-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:19 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
This thread YOU started is why I call BS on your above statement. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224574

You ask about a specific type of trade. I say I have done that exact type of trade with several members. Then another member comes on and says he has made those trades with me and others. You then completely dismiss those posts because YOU did not know about them.LOL

I think this thread you also started might be along the same lines. I'm not 100% sure what it is about besides people sending you a description of sales they completed but not with you. http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=224648

Jake if you quit responding to Greg the argument will be over. It is really that easy.
no idea what any of this has to do about you saying i always use VCP on my sales, man your thoughts are very confusing..

all know you sent me harassing emails that YOU (edited now to be Greg it was not bnorth) initiated and you have stopped ever since i said that i would post them here, so mission accomplished.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 09-11-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
no idea what any of this has to do about you saying i always use VCP on my sales, man your thoughts are very confusing..

all know you sent me harassing emails that YOU initiated and you have stopped ever since i said that i would post them here, so mission accomplished.
WTF are you high? I have never sent you a harassing email ever.

EDIT: I think Jake is very confused, LOL yes I know but I mean way more than normal. He must think I am BOTN(Greg).LOL what a maroon.

Last edited by bnorth; 07-08-2016 at 11:47 AM.