NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2021, 05:22 PM
Pete

Default Ebay bid sniper app?

Can anyone recommend a reliable sniping tool app that one used/uses?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2021, 05:28 PM

gixen
Old 05-28-2021, 05:42 PM
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybecker View Post
gixen

Do you like this app better than bidslammer? Friend recommended bidslammer but wanted other opinions.

Ill check it out thanks.

Old 05-28-2021, 05:55 PM
Mike P.ap

Default esnipe

Been using esnipe for a LONG time. NEVER an issue!

Mike
Old 05-28-2021, 06:45 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I like Gixen.
Old 05-28-2021, 08:25 PM

Default Saved a ton of $$

..I use "EZsniper" for ten or so or more years now and it is slick and has saved me a fortune in the bidding wars on E-Bay.......so simple a caveman can figure it out ....

Old 05-28-2021, 08:52 PM
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
..I use "EZsniper" for ten or so or more years now and it is slick and has saved me a fortune in the bidding wars on E-Bay.......so simple a caveman can figure it out ....

Caveman. Thats right up my alley. Lol.

Last edited by Usc1; 06-01-2021 at 12:35 PM.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:01 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Since the death of Gavelsnipe, I flipped to Gixen and it’s been smooth sailing.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:23 PM
$cott Cl1nt0n

Does anyone not use sniper apps? Am I the only one who just pays attention to my watchlist and bids accordingly?
Old 05-29-2021, 04:11 AM
Gary

Another vote for Gixen here. I've been using it for a couple of years with no problems.

You can use it free for up to 4 winning snipes a month. But it's only $6 a year for an unlimited service.
Old 05-29-2021, 05:37 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi4442 View Post
Does anyone not use sniper apps? Am I the only one who just pays attention to my watchlist and bids accordingly?
I have always just bid the highest amount that I was willing to pay and let the chips fall where they may. As a result of that - I have, over the years, become more of a seller than a buyer on eBay. I would much rather do an offer on an eBay BIN or purchase elsewhere (Net54 BST).
Old 05-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Brian May
Bri.an M@y

Quote:

I am like you. I like to put in small place holder bids early & just watch my bidder lists as auctions near their closing.

Never felt the need to use a sniper app.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:11 AM
R0b Sm!th

Gixen has always worked well fir me.
Old 05-29-2021, 10:14 AM
Pete

I’m going to give gixen a try.

Old 05-29-2021, 10:36 AM
John

I've dithered for years on sniper services. I've had my account 20+ years and wouldn't use my main account. I wouldn't want to lose it. I'd have to build up a new profile to throw the sniper service onto. Other than scheduling a last second bid, what is the benefit? I can appreciate folks who do this in volume, for me personally I am bidding on 1-2 items at any given time.

Lately I have taken to bidding in the last minute on auctions I am really interested in. I try to go in with a set maximum amount and see what happens. I set a reminder on my phone about 10-15 min before the end of the auction.

For selling, I don't bother with auctions anymore. I did a very cursory comparison on completed auctions version BIN and found higher prices typically with the BIN sales. Sure, every now and again you get a bidding frenzy but more often than not I found I was disappointed by the auction proceeds.

John

Successful Transactions with: KMayUSA6060, Jacklitsch, philliesfan, JimmyC
Old 05-29-2021, 11:50 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1129 View Post
I've dithered for years on sniper services. I've had my account 20+ years and wouldn't use my main account. I wouldn't want to lose it. I'd have to build up a new profile to throw the sniper service onto. Other than scheduling a last second bid, what is the benefit? .
I am admittedly really confused on your understanding of a sniper service, why would you think this would affect your main account?

Also, the benefits are huge as in savings from an unnecessary bidding war, not worrying about fake bidders working up your proxy bids to their max, and most of all for myself...not missing auctions by forgetting or living my life around eBay auction times.

I have been on eBay since 96 with a current account open since 2001 with an feedback of 5k and 100%. Been using sniper services to save time and money since they have been available and never had a security issue.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 05-29-2021, 12:22 PM
Gary

Quote:

I like to bid "live" as you describe but using Gixen to schedule a bid in case I forget is really useful. There are other times when auctions are ending in the middle of the night or during the day when I'm in work meetings that means a snipe app is the only choice.

Unfortunately, putting a bid for the highest I want to pay, doesn't work well. There are a number of times when I've done that and someone bids just over my price at the list minute.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:28 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKCardGuy View Post
Unfortunately, putting a bid for the highest I want to pay, doesn't work well. There are a number of times when I've done that and someone bids just over my price at the list minute.
I would say that if it was really the highest you want to pay, it’s working perfectly.

Old 05-29-2021, 01:40 PM
Rob

Quote:
I'm with you.
Old 05-29-2021, 01:44 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by obiwan1129 View Post
I did a very cursory comparison on completed auctions version BIN and found higher prices typically with the BIN sales. Sure, every now and again you get a bidding frenzy but more often than not I found I was disappointed by the auction proceeds.
Couldn't agree more. For ultra rare items, auctions work fine. But more often than not, for more typical items, when I see the auction format I'm very confident that I'm going to get a deal.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:41 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I am admittedly really confused on your understanding of a sniper service, why would you think this would affect your main account?

Also, the benefits are huge as in savings from an unnecessary bidding war, not worrying about fake bidders working up your proxy bids to their max, and most of all for myself...not missing auctions by forgetting or living my life around eBay auction times.

I have been on eBay since 96 with a current account open since 2001 with an feedback of 5k and 100%. Been using sniper services to save time and money since they have been available and never had a security issue.
I actually thought using automated tools to snipe was a terms of service violation which could lead to your account suspension/termination.

TIL it is not. https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/bid...niping?id=4224

Like I said in my original post, I can see the benefit of scheduling bids like that for higher volume buyers. I generally only do few auctions if that a month so not sure how much I would use it.

John

Successful Transactions with: KMayUSA6060, Jacklitsch, philliesfan, JimmyC
Old 05-30-2021, 08:26 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Since the death of Gavelsnipe, I flipped to Gixen and it’s been smooth sailing.

Same
Old 05-30-2021, 08:59 AM
Thomas
Th0mas Ch.urch

Default Gixen

Gixen all the way. Put in my top and forget about it. That way I don't get caught up in bidding wars. And often if the bid is right , I win, many times actually saving $$.

I do the subscription as well. Gives you a backup in case the main server fails. One in Chicago and the other is in Miami , I think.
Successful transactions: sycks22, charlietheextervminator, Scocs, Thromdog, trdcrdkid, mybuddyinc, troutbum97, Natedog, Kingcobb, usernamealreadytaken, t206fanatic, asoriano, rsdill2, hatchetman325, cobbcobb13, dbfirstman, Blunder19, Scott L. ,Eggoman, ncinin, vintagewhitesox, aloondilana, btcarfagno, ZiggerZagger, blametony, shammus, Kris19, brewing, rootsearcher60, Pat R , sportscardpete , Leon , OriolesHOF , Gobucsmagic74, Pilot172000, Chesbro41, scmavl,t206kid,3-2-count,GoldenAge50s