NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 04-20-2014, 05:54 PM
Ron Graham

Default New Member Here - 1969 Deckle

Hello. My name is Ron. Just joined the site by recommendation from Jimivintage. Just thought I would stop in and say hello. I am slowly getting into vintage cards.

I belong to a couple other trading sites like The Bench and SForum.

So I bought some cards at a good price I believe and got 8 1969 Topps Deckle. Seems to be in good condition based on the type of die cut. I was considering putting this set together. I like the idea of a black and white set. I like that it is a smaller set.

Does anyone have any information about the cards.? Any hidden little facts about them? Anything to look out for?

Thanks and I look forward to becoming more involved in this site.

Ron
http://rrgohio.wordpress.com
Old 04-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Al Richter

Default 1969 Topps Deckles

Welcome to the board, Ron. The 69 Deckle set consists of 33 numbered cards, but there are 2 versions of cards 11 ( Wilhelm or Wynn) and 22 ( Staub or Foy), so total of 35. They were inserts in 1969 Packs. They have blue autos and can be found in undeckled proofs that seem hand cut. There were prototype cards to the set that can be found in singles or uncut sheets with blue, red or black autos. Only one of the prototypes actually made it into the final set, Yaz

It is a hard set to put together in top condition due to miscuts and wrinkles

Also, if you like B &W and deckled, check out the Topps 74 Deckle set. Better in my view

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 04-20-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Ron Graham

Default Deckle

Hey. Thanks for the info. That is the kind of info I was looking for. I appreciate it. I will check into the 1974 Deckle as well.

Ron
Old 04-21-2014, 08:13 PM
C@rl P@rk

[QUOTE=ALR-bishop;1267409]Also, if you like B &W and deckled, check out the Topps 74 Deckle set. Better in my view

Man, I have been looking for a 1974 deckle Fisk my entire collecting life...It's like the abominable snowman....rumored to exist but rarely seen...
Old 04-22-2014, 12:06 AM
Bill Gregory

Welcome to the forum, Ron!

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Al Richter

Default Fisk

Funny you would mention him, Carl. I have this set complete 3 ways, and I am 2 cards short of finishing it a 4th way. I have it done in gray backs and in cut, undeckled proof form. I also have the entire set on two proof sheets. But I am 2 cards short of finishing it in white backs, and Fisk is one of the two that I still need. But, I do have 3 of him

Old 04-22-2014, 03:09 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Funny you would mention him, Carl. I have this set complete 3 ways, and I am 2 cards short of finishing it a 4th way. I have it done in gray backs and in cut, undeckled proof form. I also have the entire set on two proof sheets. But I am 2 cards short of finishing it in white backs, and Fisk is one of the two that I still need. But, I do have 3 of him

AH...that's three more than I've got. I think Probstein or PWCC had one on auction a month or two back, but it got too rich for me. I'll track one down one of these days.. Those proof sheets you have there are stunning, by the way. That's a magnificent collectible!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:46 AM

There is also the Canadian (O-pee-chee) version of the 1969 Deckle set. Fewer cards (24), black facsimile autographs and blank backs. Slightly larger card and different deckle cut resulting in sharp (or not so) corners. Fewer commons, more of the stars, but no Rose or Wilhelm. The front and sometimes the back are cursed with a horizontal scratch from the packaging process where some type of machinery grabbed the card or sheet to pull the card to the next step in the process. I found a bunch of nice ones several years ago at the National and had them graded. Got the first PSA 9 of Mays and sold it for $500 in lightning quick fashion.