NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 01-30-2017, 12:06 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default sold 1917 July 14 Philadelphia Phillies Cubs Ticket stub PSA authentic

f/s 1917 July 14 Philadelphia Phillies v Cubs Ticket stub PSA authentic
this part of a ticket collection of Phillies tickets all have dates and scores written on them , all at least a 100 years old many were Printed with full date
this ticket stub has the year 1917 printed and Date and scores written on front and back
the game was only a so so game no HRs no great pitching feat or milestone

I feel the date and score written is not fabricated to deceive and genuine
as other much more significant dates could have been written if that were the case
I sent this ticket and many others in with copies of news clippings parts of the scrap book into PSA
and they felt the information and their research they were able to justify it was authentic as Dated obviously a population PSA 1 of 1
Game 1 Cubs 3- Phillies 2
Chief Bender Pitched only two innings
see link for box score
http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...91707141.shtml
see link for box score
Game 2 Cubs 3- Phillies 3
http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...91707142.shtml

it may not have a great value because of the mediocre result
but I could not find anything this old to compare it to
so I placed a uneducated value but not one I think is crazy
TICKET HAS BEEN SOLD
thanks
David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1917 a.jpg (44.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 1917 b.jpg (38.3 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by megalimey; 01-30-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Don't you work for PSA or did you? or am I mistaken?

And arn't you the same MegaLimey that has been selling on Ebay Tickets for the past 16 years......and you have no idea on the value of this ticket?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-May-23-...p2047675.l2557

odd post, good luck!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 01-30-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Don't you work for PSA or did you? or am I mistaken?

And arn't you the same MegaLimey that has been selling on Ebay Tickets for the past 16 years......and you have no idea on the value of this ticket?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1914-May-23-...p2047675.l2557

odd post, good luck!
yes correct in all counts , I know if i were to put it up on ebay first for a $100 or so it could be gone in a second on the other hand if asking $500
I may get to keep it for the next hundred years I work on small margins and 10% buy ot now fees can be a bit much
I am a PSA consultant in regards to Undated Yankee tickets just reaching out to the community for some feedback from Phillie Ticket collectors

Last edited by megalimey; 01-30-2017 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:17 PM
Ed L@m

Hi David,

I collect Philadelphia tickets so I try to keep an eye on prices. I've purchased a similar era Athletics ticket from you recently on Ebay and bid on others. As you know, it all depends on who the bidders are that determines the price but I would not expect this ticket to sell much higher than $100.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:25 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darner View Post
Hi David,

I collect Philadelphia tickets so I try to keep an eye on prices. I've purchased a similar era Athletics ticket from you recently on Ebay and bid on others. As you know, it all depends on who the bidders are that determines the price but I would not expect this ticket to sell much higher than $100.
I think that is a realistic number but if I sell it on ebay for that I will not even break even ,probably would take $125 if you were interested ? but no obligation on your part , I was going to put up on ebay for $170 OBO
I figure the Phillies are more sought after as they are still the original team
in the same city have not moved to a new state since they began
and the ticket is almost a 100 years old Dated 1917