NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default e93 trimmed or not trimmed? please help

Posted By: t-205

Hello,
i would like to purchase this card but not sure if it would grade. can you please give me your opinion on the card. trimmed or not trimmed? bottom looks fishy.
here are some scans.
the card i want to buy:

here is another card to compare:

thank you for your help anyone

Old 11-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

Looks trimmed on R side too. Is Johnny Depp selling this Jones?

Old 11-13-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Hard to tell from the scan but the sides don't look very "square". There shouldn't be any wavy effect, in person...

Old 11-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Agreed with Steve & Leon that the sides look a little fishy, but it is hard to tell from a scan. The corners look like normal wear to me.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Administrator

hows the bottom ? to me looks trimmed. but anyone agree on the bottom? i agree on the side also. i just want to be careful if i buy it.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh Crane

It is hard to tell from a scan whether it is actually trimmed or if it is an effect of the scanning process. Sometimes there is slight bowing taking place from not having weight on the card when the light passes over it. I know that when I scan an older card without the lid of the scanner down, sometimes even the most sharp edged cards can have the appearance of wavy or 'trimmed' borders.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

The size of the borders look fine to me. I do see a little wave to the bottom and right sides, but I cannot tell if that is from the scan (ie an optical illusion) or due to trimming. Based on the size of the borders and not seeing it first hand, I would take a chance on it being untrimmed - obviously if you've seen the card first hand and it is still wavy, then its probably trimmed.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Seaborn

Certainly looks trimmed on the bottom as well as the right sides. Take a roll of the dice on it if you want, I personally would not. Why not try to see if the seller will take a refund if it comes back altered (a priori)?

Old 11-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Administrator

hey David,
he has offered a money back guarantee and is a great person to deal with. but the price reflex the condition untrimmed. if its trimmed he might lower the price. i'm just worried about the bottom. the jones for sale has a smaller bottom, then the other scan i included thats what i;m wondering... i think its trimmed also.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JK

As I mentioned, the bottom border does look wavy and that may be caused by the scan or due to a trim. However, I would not be concerned about the size of the top and bottom borders (i.e. not having a large border). The borders on that card look fine size-wise and very similar to many of my E93s. A couple examples: