NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2016, 04:45 PM
Larrie Dean

Default December 9-11 Raleigh Show

The last North Carolina Show of the year is the Inside Pitch Promotions Show at the Raleigh State Fair Grounds December 9-11! Any Net54er who mentions this post will be given a 10% discount. I picked up a very nice pair of Mantles (Bowman 1954 and 1955) at my last show. We have also restocked our inventory for the "set builders". Typically this is the best Raleigh show of the year!

Hope to see many of you there,
Larrie Dean
Dean's House of Cards
(NOT Dean's Cards)
804-833-3087
Old 12-08-2016, 07:14 PM
Dan Bl@u

Is anyone else going to the show this weekend? Taylor, Dave, Adam? Looks like this may be the last 3-day show for a while (ever?), based on the promoter's 2017 calendar. That would be pretty disappointing, since the 3-day shows are by far the best, and draw the most quality sellers.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon from about 3:30-5pm probably, and then Saturday from about 12-3pm. Hope to see some of you guys there.

Last edited by Bliggity; 12-08-2016 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:28 PM
Robert Williams

I live in the area, but I will miss this show. Too close to Christmas and just have too much personal stuff going on.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:47 PM

The April show was great !!! I will be there for this show on both Friday & Saturday. Looking forward to it !!!

Old 12-09-2016, 05:36 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Is anyone else going to the show this weekend? Taylor, Dave, Adam? Looks like this may be the last 3-day show for a while (ever?), based on the promoter's 2017 calendar. That would be pretty disappointing, since the 3-day shows are by far the best, and draw the most quality sellers.

I'll be there tomorrow afternoon from about 3:30-5pm probably, and then Saturday from about 12-3pm. Hope to see some of you guys there.

The promoter Wes Starkey has sold the Raleigh 3 Day Sports Card and Memorabilia Shows to Mike Christopher of Tidewater Cards who will be taking over starting with their first show on February 10-12, 2017. Mike has worked closely with Wes for a number of years on the show and there should be a seamless transition going forward. I heard Wes wanted to do more with the toys and collectibles. We will be partnering with Mike to bring in autograph guests to the show starting in February. Here are a couple links for more information regarding both.

http://tidewatercardsandcollectibles.com/

http://doughboyzsportscards.com/raleigh.html

Last edited by basesareempty; 12-09-2016 at 05:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesareempty View Post
The promoter Wes Starkey has sold the Raleigh 3 Day Sports Card and Memorabilia Shows to Mike Christopher of Tidewater Cards who will be taking over starting with their first show on February 10-12, 2017. Mike has worked closely with Wes for a number of years on the show and there should be a seamless transition going forward. I heard Wes wanted to do more with the toys and collectibles. We will be partnering with Mike to bring in autograph guests to the show starting in February.
That's good to know, thanks! The 3-day shows, especially the December show, are always a lot of fun.

JC, glad you're coming, I'll look for you later today.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:29 AM
Dave Wilson

Quote:

Hey Dan,

I'm probably going to be out there this afternoon. I'll be on the lookout for ya!

Dave
Old 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccre View Post
Hey Dan,

I'm probably going to be out there this afternoon. I'll be on the lookout for ya!

Dave
Bring a T209 McGeehan for me if you have an extra laying around
Old 12-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Mike

So how is the show guys? Any high grade Mantles floating around? I plan on making the trip in the morning.

http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/MichaelF

Last edited by mickeymantle24; 12-09-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:34 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

Been attending Raleigh shows since the 1980's. Heading out probably Sunday unless I can squeeze in tomorrow.
Thanks for the info on the show. Wes is a good guy. Ray Mozingo did them for a while and he is a family friend.
I hope the new promotor will consider some HOF auto guests. Sadly, we are losing those guys from the golden era all the time. Raleigh used to have some great guests.

Last edited by campyfan39; 12-09-2016 at 09:35 PM.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:26 AM

The show yesterday was good, but not great, mainly because there were a bunch of dealers that were not yet set up. Wes said that some just don't set up on Fridays due to their regular job, family stuff, etc,... Regardless, I enjoyed it very much and look forward to today (Saturday) !!!

It has a mixture of dealers. Some set up at the Philly (Valley Forge) and/or Chantilly shows, while other dealers only set up at the local North Carolina shows.

I spoke to new promoter Mike Christopher and he said he is trying to get more autograph guests for future shows. His February show has former North Carolina greats Phil Ford and Lennie Rosenbluth.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Dan Bl@u

Anyone pick up anything good this weekend? It was one of the worst shows for me in a long time. I couldn't hardly find a single thing I was interested in. Inventory seemed pretty stale. Picked up a couple E121 and '53 Bowman commons, but that's it. Anyone else do better?
Old 12-12-2016, 05:42 AM
Dave Wilson

Quote:
Anyone pick up anything good this weekend? It was one of the worst shows for me in a long time. I couldn't hardly find a single thing I was interested in. Inventory seemed pretty stale. Picked up a couple E121 and '53 Bowman commons, but that's it. Anyone else do better?
I was disappointed as well. Lots of people there going after the shiny, new stuff. But the pre war inventory was very stale! I came out empty handed.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:10 AM
B.ob L.amb

Quote:
Originally Posted by campyfan39 View Post
Been attending Raleigh shows since the 1980's. Heading out probably Sunday unless I can squeeze in tomorrow.
Thanks for the info on the show. Wes is a good guy. Ray Mozingo did them for a while and he is a family friend.
I hope the new promotor will consider some HOF auto guests. Sadly, we are losing those guys from the golden era all the time. Raleigh used to have some great guests.
We will be the ones booking players for this show going forward. With not knowing what we were getting in to and the fact that nobody has really brought players to the show on a consistent basis we are playing the February show close to the vest. Our goal is to eventually bring 10-12 players/celebrities over the course of the weekend and looking for players with a price that is affordable to the public. If anyone has any names or suggestions of players or celebrities they would like to see at the show feel free to PM me and we will see if we can make it happen. With that being said we will have 4 players there on February 11th,2017.

Former UNC Tarheels greats Lennie Rosenbluth and Phil Ford. Both were National POY and both have had their numbers retired.

Koren Robinson- Wide Receiver at NC State and All American. Had a fine career in the NFL with Seattle, Green Bay and Minnesota.

Rudy May- Former pitcher with the Yankees, Orioles, Angels and Expos. Played in the Majors for 17 years.

Breast Cancer Awareness will also be bringing former Louisville Cardinal All American and Baltimore Colts WR/KR Howard Stevens to the show with all proceeds going to Breast cancer Research.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:09 AM
B.ob L.amb

Default February show

We would like to thank everyone who came out this past weekend to see the players in Raleigh. We were very happy with the turnout and the nice feedback and encouragement we received. The reoccurring conversation I had over the weekend was the desire for autograph guests at this show. We are already putting together the Lineup for the April 15th show and have one guest already confirmed for the show, Addy Miller aka Teddy Bear Girl from the hit TV show The Walking Dead. We have contracts out to several players and hope to have announcements coming soon. Hoping to have 4-5 guests again in April.