NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Administrator

Default REA question regarding ungraded lots

Posted By: John S

I am interested in purchasing two lots from the upcoming REA auction. What has been the experience of board members regarding ungraded lots (from any of the major auction houses)? Any problems with altered cards that will not grade? The cards in both lots look good and I obviously plan to ask questions. I know the general consensus of the board is that REA is top notch, just trying to minimize my risk.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

that should alleviate any of the fears you express. If you did not get one then apparently you are not on their mailing list.

Old 04-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

I actually just registered and received the emails earlier this afternoon. I have never been a fan of the auction houses because of the buyer's premium, but understand that most of their material is and should be a notch above items on eBay. Thank you for your response.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: martindl

I'm not sure but I think I've only won one thing from REA, so keep that in mind.

I bought a W514 complete set that overall was absolutely better than the condition I expected. My expectation was based on what I would consider to be a pretty thorough description. One of the cards did have writing on the back, which i wasn't expecting, but the described grade was spot on accurate and i just didn't ask questions. My bad, not theirs. When i received the set, REA had replaced one of the key cards with an upgrade. How many auction houses do that! This was something they just did. I know it wasn't related to the written upon card, because I never said anything to them about it. I was thrilled with my experience.

Top notch all the way.

Old 04-08-2006, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

In last Spring's REA auction, I won a 1977 Topps Oscar Gamble. They had suggested it was in EX condition, however, it only mustered a PSA 4 (VG-EX). So I sold it to my buddy Ernie Brown, a high-school gym teacher.

Old 04-09-2006, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

he knows you creeps (scuse me) want graded stuff, or stuff that will grade. StuFf i sent (it was taken from my house, actually) that did not grade a 10 or a 1 was graded AUTH; stuff that would not grade at ALL--because it was rebacked, or touched up, is described as such. Oh--of the 104 T202s I gave them they only sent about 32 in--first, the nicest ones, regardless of content, and then, the honcho cards. The others have an estimated grade from REA. (and believe me, they often do better than the grading companies!) All T206s and Fan Craze, Old Judge and Mayo, N162, etc. are graded--or you know the reason why!

Rob's pick-up guy suggested that I throw ALL my autographs in, so I did. Half were returned, (meaning that at least ONE of their authenticators found it questionable). This included a 3x5 card my 10-year-old son sent to Satchell Page in 1981. It came back dated, with "best wishes, Satchell Page." He died a few months later. REA assured me that it MIGHT be genuine but one of their guys said questionable, so it was returned...it's quite possible, I suppose, that Paige was ill, and had someone signing mail for him..but I had always treasured it; he so seldom dated things...all autographs are agreed on by all three of thewir autrhenticators.

Anything else I can tell you, or you think I might be able to tell you, please just ask; I'll tell.

I think you should know what you are dealing with from the descriptionas and pictures.

Oh: photograqphs are not graded, and the Oshkosh cabinet, though it is a genuine card, is the only one known, so it is not graded.

One of my lots is mislabled: The ticket stub from the 1919 World Series (Black Sox) is from tHE FIFTH game, the 3rd in Commiskey park. It has a "3" on it because each team printed their own tickets, and only for their park. So the lengthy explanation about how Kerr, who was not in on the fix, won the game for them, is all BS, it was wILLIAMS' GAME, AND HE LOST IT...(LOT 718?)