NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-09-2006, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Why would you buy 3 cards on March 31 for $65 plus shipping and turn around in 10 days and sell them for $50?

http://cgi.ebay.com/T206-PSA-Lot-3-Cards_W0QQitemZ8793184304QQcategoryZ31718QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

The sellers feedback isn't the greatest and this really throwws up more flags.

Lee

Old 04-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Steve

Lee how do you know he bought them? I see these cards were or are Levi's.

and like you said his feedback swcreams scammer, like this gem:

Didn't have what he sold, but promptly returned payment.. No bad fellings.
Buyer j_hanko ( 341) Jun-30-05 18:36 6780197422
Follow-up by j_hanko: BAD FEELINGS NOW! HIS REFUND FAILED! FRAUD CHARGES FILED!

Steve

ahh I see ............in his feedback, levi did indeed leave feedback. My guess? he will send an empty box to a buyer with del confirmation, or just do an out and out scam and not send anything. He will then string the buyer along claiming a refund has been sent as is his MO.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Trae R.

I am the seller of the lot... thank you for brightening my morning. I would try to explain both of the items you've brought to light, but neither are any of your business. Speculate as you will, it wouldn't be the first time I'e watched board members go at each other... you can count me out of the argument though.

I don't owe any of you an explanation for the bad feedback, but I'm far from a scammer, and those were unfortunate circumstances. I am confident I've built some credibility with the members here. I'll leave it at that.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: John S

You are absolutely correct; no explanations needed. Count me amongst those that will not risk bidding on your items however.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Joann

I agree that the buy/sell do not seem logical and that there is no explanation owed.

I'm not trying to turn a thread about an oddity into a referendum on someone's character. But for the sake of balance I will note that I have dealt w/Trae in pvt sales via BST with no problem whatsoever.

Joann

Old 04-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: ScottIngold

Trae has always been square with me as well regarding BST stuff.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Seth B.

I'll vouch for Trae as well. I had a recent B/S/T transaction with him that went smoothly.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: .

Old 04-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Trae R.

Much appreciated, although I didn't feel like I had to prove anything, I will semi-explain. Those transactions were not even remotely baseball card related, and I just happened to fall into a weird situation - that's life. All of the money from those transactions has since been refunded in full, but the feedback was never replied to or corrected/removed - I'm okay with that - I understand. If it wasn't taken care of I wouldn't have a PayPal or eBay account still.

I've spent over a thousand dollars in B/S/T recently, while that's not saying much for some of you, that's a fair amount of money to me. I also understand B/S/T doesn't say much for my eBay feedback, but I would apprecite it if my character and/or overall reputation here wasn't tarnished for something no one knows the facts on. I've never given anyone here a reason to think unfondly of me, and I don't plan on it.

Nor do I think my buying and selling habits, however radical they may get, should raise flags. If I find an expensive card I want I will sell cheaper cards at lower prices to make quick sales so I can round up the money to buy the more expensive card. I have 50 or so more T206's going up on the bay soon to do just that. I am an impulse buyer, that's the way it is. I am confident many of you can relate.

I'm done pleading my case. If you don't want to bid on my auctions then don't, simple as that. I understand why.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Steve

Trae

Not for nothing but feedback is what many of us go by. However many here can vouch for you and that is a positive. Thanks for coming and explaining your side.

Steve

Old 04-10-2006, 06:11 AM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Lee B.

I don't find this "strange" at all.....every day on Ebay, I see lower Graded
cards going for prices that have to be less than the seller has invested in.

For example tougher Hi #s (either in post-War or pre-War cards) that are only
graded Ex (or less) are being won by only a single bid, that is typically $10.

At a live show (in my case at Philly) I can usually sell the same "raw" card for
at least twice that amount. So, when you consider a given card, that the seller
has paid $15 (or $20) to have graded and the usual ebay fees and include the
initial cost of that card, it just doesn't make any sense to me. I do not under-
stand why sellers do this. But, after all is said and done, it is not really any of
my concern, anyhow.
I just hope for the seller's sake, he is able to have other listed cards that result
in profits for him....in order to make up for these losing ones.

NO....there is really nothing "strange" with Trae's transaction....it is an everyday
occurence, many times over on Ebay.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default This Is Strange

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Ted,

Why wouldn't you at least make your BIN what you have into the card which is a reasonable price for what he paid and let the auction run if the BIN is not hit. That is what is odd to me.

Trae, I am not looking for a response from you the whole situation no matter who it was seemed oout to me. You have your reasons and that is fine.

Lee