NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Chuck Tapia

Default You guys have got to see this! Tony Podsada discussing Mickey Mantle. FUNNY

http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...age=2#comments

Probably one of the most informative threads on Mantle I have seen in sometime and I'm sure many of you dealers and collectors will get a chuckle out of it, or maybe have something constructive to add?

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-27-2015 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:50 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Chuck,

Thanks for the link....very interesting reading!
Old 03-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Now I don't know who to believe in: Richard Simon or Tony Podsada! (SUUUUURRRRE!)
Old 03-27-2015, 11:14 PM
Ken Goldin

Yes
I highly recommend the read
I also highly recommend the. Printng out of the court cases I posted there, including the two times I sued him and got injunctions against him, as well as his tax evasion case where he went to jail, as a result of NOT HAVING A COST OF GOODS ASSOCIATED with his autographs he sold
Now, how does one have no cost of goods for autographs they sell?
I have had enough of his bullshit
Old 03-28-2015, 08:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
http://live.autographmagazine.com/fo...age=2#comments

Probably one of the most informative threads on Mantle I have seen in sometime and I'm sure many of you dealers and collectors will get a chuckle out of it, or maybe have something constructive to add?
That is kind of interesting....
Old 03-28-2015, 08:35 AM
Richard Simon

Where is Tim Fitzsimmons when you really need him?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-28-2015, 07:14 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

Worth reading all comments etc. entertaining and informative.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

It is not entertaining when have a man lie and lie with no regards to the fact that all those pieces shown are fake. You dont need the tpa people to tell you that.
When he was arrested by the IRS he told them that he had no items left. Now for the last six years thousands of pieces have been sold by him and his friends. Those items where never sold by Score Board. Or given to him by Score Board.
As far as Mickey is concerned he said all the Marino items looked authentic as well. I can tell you that for a fact.
He can not in any way show they are authentic unless any of you want to take the word of Morales and the rest of the people who authenticate for him.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Ok, lets us say he is telling the truth. He made his settlement in 1991 did he get forty thousand Mantles. Because that is about how many he has sold in the last 24 years. Even after Mantle died he has sold thousands of them and no end in sight.
Ken how many did Mantle sign for your dad?
Old 03-29-2015, 09:46 PM
Ken Goldin

Shelly (and all)
I was talking to Chris Williams today, and the thing about the Mantle contracts is that the price to get a baseball signed was only a few dollars more then a ball (I believe one contract it was $5 more for a ball then a flat 11x14 or smaller)
With this in mind, the majority of items signed by mantle were NOT photos. Everyone wanted a signed Mantle BALL, and that's what mostly he signed. In fact, I believe less then 10 different images were ever signed by Mantle for Score Board, and we only used Photo File to produce them, no one else.
Only a very small percentage of the autographs were ever even signed on photos under the Mantle contract. I have seen at least 20 different images that were never signed by Mantle under his score board agreement,not even one photo, which the seller is purporting to be from the Score Board Mantle contract.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:50 PM
Ken Goldin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Ok, lets us say he is telling the truth. He made his settlement in 1991 did he get forty thousand Mantles. Because that is about how many he has sold in the last 24 years. Even after Mantle died he has sold thousands of them and no end in sight.
Ken how many did Mantle sign for your dad?
40,000 as part of the settlement huh?
here is the court order against him...2 of them
one in 1992, and one in 1994.
Where does he get ANY inventory? Hopefully this attachment uploads properly.
Looks to me like he was restrained from selling forgeries.
that worked out well

damn, file to big to upload....the court cases are in the other forum thread however

Last edited by kengoldin; 03-29-2015 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Chuck Tapia

Default A road map of Tony Podsada's Forgeries..

What I believe is plain to see from the interaction with Tony Podsada is that he is the one that has been behind the flood of forgeries for many many years. This is my assessment of the situation:

1) When he started with that slop, He went to JSA & PSA. According to Tony, James Spence apparently authenticated some back in 2000-2001 or so when he was fairly green. When Tony showed James Spence the other 30,000 he had on his kitchen table, he clammed up and ran like rabbit with thorn in paw. LOL As would any legitimate authenticator.

2) He then took the garbage to Richard Simon who authenticated some and Richard will have to fill in the blanks as to how many & how long it took him to realize he'd been had. What sets Richard apart from TPA's is that he admitted as such. We look at them today, 15 years after the fact and can spot them easily. We've all been fooled at one time with this, but the more you look at them, the more they just stand out like a sore thumb.

3) He then went to GAI and sold them his bill of goods. They were struggling at the time and Tony helped put them right out of business.

4) When all the legitimate sources soured on them, out came the Nicholas Burczyk chronicles. After that was shut down, he sold his fish tales to Christopher Morales. Moraless was over matched or in on the scheme.

5) After Morales's reputation was trashed and known only for Authentication of Forgeries, it was on to the sell the "story" to Ted Taylor & Scott Mallack of STAT Authentic & Drew Maxx of AAU. They were exactly like Moraless as all they did was rubber stamp forgeries.

6)While all this was going on, he was selling these obvious forgeries with his own COA's from My Favorite Forgeries and let's not forget his other wonderful companies who has certified nothing but forgeries, Myst-O-graph & YMC Sports (LOL)

7) as his network was growing or slowing, we then started to see others fall into the same trap, like CSC Collectibles & Autograph Legends. The certificates all used the EXACT same verbiage. Then we got a laugh as My Favorite Forgeries was "REBORN"

8) PAAS actually Passed, in 2012 when he continued to try a pass that ridiculous story that someone in Mickey Mantle's Family signed everything we know to be authentic, while he held 30,000 authentic ones, albeit cartoonish machine drawn on cheap media. . As I have stated in the end, the eyes don't lie & where are all the personalizations with Tony's cartoonish style hiding? (Maybe coming to a website near you)

9) at the same time another entity sprung up that is still going on today, Guaranteed Forgery Authentics (GFA). They are still very pathetic and the signature is evolving somehow to try and make it better. Still it' get's worse They are running rough-shot through E-bay, Always Fake at Auction and the Military Exchanges. The usual outlets for these cheap forgeries.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-30-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Chuck Tapia

Default page 2

He has told this story for so long and ripped off so many people, knowingly or unknowingly it doesn't matter. The funny thing you get from the thread is that he actually believes it. Either that or he is THE BIGGEST CROOK in the autograph industry, and he IS individual who filtrated all the fakes into the market place using the story he has now told to the masses. Above was his road map, IMHO. He has left quite a wake.

He asked my credentials and here they are. I have studied Mantle and Mantle signature only for going on 10 Years. I wanted to be the one to make the call instead of relying on TPA for what I bought and I believe I have accomplished that. I have respect for the truth with integrity and seeked to find it. I believe I have a high capacity to learn and always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. It's the way I run my business and my life. I have never been in handcuffs and have had no more than a speeding ticket, years ago. I hate when others are ripped off and are parted with their hard earned money...especially our Military. How low can you go?

The fact that he spent time in jail for Tax Evasion speaks volumes to his character should anyone remotely believe his ridiculous story. To compare my "Credentials", when my business was Audited the first time in 15 years, I spent 10 hours in front of an IRS agent. I had under paid by less than $600.00 on over 1 Million in sales. I wrote them a check. The next time, 3 years later, I spent 6 hours and they owed me $200.00

There was no lying or cheating or going to Jail for Tax Evasion. That happens to Cheater F'ers PERIOD. The funniest part is that he challenged the judgement which he agreed to and signed. Then, he asked for.... WAIT FOR IT>>>>

...A FORENSIC DOCUMENT EXAMINER to asses his signature as he stated he was misled and his signature was forged

Those are my credentials Tony as you asked for. We have all seen yours now. Thanks for taking the time to tell your story. This is mine. If one person sees this and it saves them from buying that garbage, I have done a good job. If they want to believe you, that's their prerogative. For me, I'm finding it IMPOSSIBLE to swallow.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-30-2015 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:25 AM
Richard Simon

Fuddj - well done recap.
I never went to Tony in Florida or anywhere else.
Tony never brought his garbage to me.
He alleges, and it is possible, that he mailed a few items to me and that I did authenticate them. He has made that claim for years. At one point in time he said the number of items was six.
He contacted me by phone quite a few years ago and begged me to visit him in Florida and told me that I would make good money by doing this. I refused to visit him.
He has called me again, not recently, when I wrote things about Florida forgeries, here and on my website. I hung up on him, knowing that any conversation would be pointless.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-30-2015 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Fuddj - well done recap.
I never went to Tony in Florida or anywhere else.
He alleges, and it is possible, that he sent a few items to me and that I did authenticate them. He has made that claim for years. At one point in time he said the number of items was six.
He contacted me by phone quite a few years ago and begged me to visit him in Florida and told me that I would make good money by doing this. I refused to visit him.
He has called me again, not recently, when I wrote things about Florida forgeries, here and on my website. I hung up on him, knowing that any conversation would be pointless.
Thank-you very much Richard for your help in setting the record straight.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

He never sold GAI on any story. He did not need to. GAI had all ready done a deal with B&J to authenticate all of their crap.
TP used to supply all of B&J's junk so it became a perfect marriage. Years later he started up again With Steve Rocchi and GFA.
If you want to do your own research, I can just tell you that if you buy one of these items, take it out of the frame and take the paper to a printer. Surprise, Surprise.

Last edited by shelly; 03-30-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
He never sold GAI on a story. GAI had all ready done a deal with B&J to authenticate all there crap. TP used to supply all of B&J's junk so it became a perfect marriage. Years latter he started up again With Rocchi.
I can just tell you that if you buy the item, take it out of the frame and take the paper to a printer. Surprise, Surprise.
Once again, thanks Shelly for helping to shed light and correct some of my assessments. Much appreciated.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

There is good information in this thread. Thanks guys...Hopefully it helps someone to not get ripped off..
Old 03-31-2015, 07:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

There is good information in this thread. Thanks guys...Hopefully it helps someone to not get ripped off..
Old 03-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I get that all these are obvious forgeries and that they are coming from this same source, but it appears unclear what role Podsada plays in both stories. Is he the forger, the fence, or both? I do not really know these guys like some of you do so maybe it is painfully obvious, but can you give a little more back story? Thanks, Jason
Old 03-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I get that all these are obvious forgeries and that they are coming from this same source, but it appears unclear what role Podsada plays in both stories. Is he the forger, the fence, or both? I do not really know these guys like some of you do so maybe it is painfully obvious, but can you give a little more back story? Thanks, Jason
I wish I knew Jason. Considering he said he had 30,000 on his kitchen table at one time, I say that's a pretty strong suspicion.

you'll have to judge for yourself looking at all the minutia out there, including the autographs themselves (which are Putrid IMHO), people involved with-in the industry, their knowledge of Mickey Mantle's autograph and their dealings with the gentleman, his Tax evasion arrest and subsequent jail time regarding the inventory, his case with scoreboard which graciously was made public by Ken Goldin, and most importantly his story that what he has are "real" Mickey Mantle's but a "variation of styles" or that what we know to be real is fake (The George Costanza OPPOSITE defense which is ludicrous on every level).

According to him, he's sold this story to 7 different FDE's including JSA & PSA including the assertion that "Mickey Mantle said they were real in court documents and that a Family Member signed a bunch for him that we deem as authentic.....ala Ted Williams & his son John Henry.

even so, all you have to do is a little bit of work studying his autograph and this dreck he has been selling is on cheap ass Media compared to what we know as signed in person photos. We haven't even scratched the surface on signed baseballs yet. I think they will be more regarding the quality of the photos to come. They SUCK compared to most all authentic signed photos. Not to mention the 4x 6's & 5x7's that are out there. Those a a complete joke in their own right

You'll have to connect the dots for yourself. I think I summed it up fairly well in my re-cap with the information that is out there that we gathered. All the best, Chuck

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-31-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:20 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I get what you're saying and they are terrible autographs I agree. I just don't know where you come up with the Podsada name? Is he referenced in the FBI arrests? It doesn't reference that in the articles unless I am missing something. Just trying to figure it out.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:04 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

He was always thought to be a forger from my dealings with B&J but that was never found to be true or false. He is the supplier of all this garbage and trust me it is more than 30,000 items.
He was not arrested by the FBI. He was arrested by the IRS. He now claims he was proven innocent later but I would like to see where the gov cleared him of all wrong doing. (Just another fairy tail from tp)

Last edited by shelly; 03-31-2015 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I just noticed some of the additional comments that were not loading for me in the artclicle.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
I wish I knew Jason. Considering he said he had 30,000 on his kitchen table at one time, I say that's a pretty strong suspicion.

you'll have to judge for yourself looking at all the minutia out there, including the autographs themselves (which are Putrid IMHO), people involved with-in the industry, their knowledge of Mickey Mantle's autograph and their dealings with the gentleman, his Tax evasion arrest and subsequent jail time regarding the inventory, his case with scoreboard which graciously was made public by Ken Goldin, and most importantly his story that what he has are "real" Mickey Mantle's but a "variation of styles" or that what we know to be real is fake (The George Costanza OPPOSITE defense which is ludicrous on every level).

According to him, he's sold this story to 7 different FDE's including JSA & PSA including the assertion that "Mickey Mantle said they were real in court documents and that a Family Member signed a bunch for him that we deem as authentic.....ala Ted Williams & his son John Henry.

even so, all you have to do is a little bit of work studying his autograph and this dreck he has been selling is on cheap ass Media compared to what we know as signed in person photos. We haven't even scratched the surface on signed baseballs yet. I think they will be more regarding the quality of the photos to come. They SUCK compared to most all authentic signed photos. Not to mention the 4x 6's & 5x7's that are out there. Those a a complete joke in their own right

You'll have to connect the dots for yourself. I think I summed it up fairly well in my re-cap with the information that is out there that we gathered. All the best, Chuck
Fudd - PSA & JSA are NOT FDE's, though it seems at one point in time that JSA hinted that he was.
--
Old 03-31-2015, 05:22 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Fudd - PSA & JSA are NOT FDE's, though it seems at one point in time that JSA hinted that he was.
Thanks Richard...I was just repeating what I believe Tony stated in the original thread.

"James Spence once visited my home and authenticated well over 200 pcs., including Mantle.

He only got nervous when I asked him if he wanted to do more and he said yes. When I escorted him into my dining room and had over 30,000 pcs. did he get nervous and declined. I was not there alone there was another person with me, who by the way also uses JSA on occasion. Bottom line is that 7 different Board Certified, Court Qualified Examiners, James Spence, Richard Simon, Mike Gutierez and many others have authenticated these same autographs. Why in Gods name are they wrong and you right."

Once again my only explanation is that I have eyes.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-31-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:25 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Thanks Richard...I was just repeating what I believe Tony stated in the original thread.

"James Spence once visited my home and authenticated well over 200 pcs., including Mantle.

He only got nervous when I asked him if he wanted to do more and he said yes. When I escorted him into my dining room and had over 30,000 pcs. did he get nervous and declined. I was not there alone there was another person with me, who by the way also uses JSA on occasion. Bottom line is that 7 different Board Certified, Court Qualified Examiners, James Spence, Richard Simon, Mike Gutierez and many others have authenticated these same autographs. Why in Gods name are they wrong and you right."

Once again my only explanation is that I have eyes.
They were mass-authenticated by Ted Taylor, Chris Morales, Drew Max and Steve Rocchi.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

According to PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records) which is the platform to view all federal cases - bankruptcy, civil and criminial:

U.S. District Court
District of New Jersey [LIVE] (Camden)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 1:03-cr-00495-1

Case title: USA v. PODSADA
Date Filed: 07/02/2003
Date Terminated: 11/12/2003

Defendant (1)
ANTHONY PODSADA
represented by ANTHONY PODSADA PRO SE

CHRISTOPHER A. GRILLO JOHN J. FAHY

Designation: Retained

Pending Counts
Disposition
26:7201.F ATTEMPT TO EVADE OR DEFEAT INCOME TAX
(1) IMPRISONMENT for a term of 15 months. SUPERVISED RELEASE for a term of 3 years. FINE is waived. SPECIAL ASSESSEMENT of $100.00

Minutes of 7/2/03 before Judge Freda L. Wolfson as to ANTHONY PODSADA, Initial Appearance held. (Defendant informed of rights.) , [Deft plead guilty to Count 1 of a Three Count[] Information Bond set to $50,000 UNSECURED for ANTHONY PODSADA. , set Sentencing for 10:00 10/10/03 for ANTHONY PODSADA (Court Reporter/ESR: Vinnie Russoniello) (ln) (Entered: 07/02/2003)

07/02/2003 2 Minutes of 7/2/03 before Judge Freda L. Wolfson as to ANTHONY PODSADA, Initial Appearance held. (Defendant informed of rights.) , Deft plead guilty to Count 1 of a Three Count Information Bond set to $50,000 UNSECURED for ANTHONY PODSADA. , set Sentencing for 10:00 10/10/03 for ANTHONY PODSADA (Court Reporter/ESR: Vinnie Russoniello) (ln) (Entered: 07/02/2003)

07/02/2003 3 WAIVER OF INDICTMENT by ANTHONY PODSADA (ln) (Entered: 07/02/2003)
07/02/2003 PLEA of Guilty: ANTHONY PODSADA (1) count(s) 1 ; Court accepts plea. (ln) (Entered: 07/02/2003)

11/12/2003 12 JUDGMENT ANTHONY PODSADA (1) count(s) 1. IMPRISONMENT for a term of 15 months. SUPERVISED RELEASE for a term of 3 years. FINE is waived. SPECIAL ASSESSEMENT of $100.00 , ANTHONY PODSADA (1) count(s) 2, 3 . DISMISSED (signed by Judge Freda L. Wolfson ) party ANTHONY PODSADA (lc) (Entered: 11/13/2003)

08/18/2006 35
ORDER denying 23 Motion to overturn conviction based on attorney conflict of interest; denying 30 Motion to have Original Plea Agreement examined by Forensic Examiner; denying dfts Motion to vacate 2255 & futhermore closing this action. Signed by Judge Freda L. Wolfson on 8/16/06. (ck, ) (Entered: 08/18/2006)

Both appeals denied.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 03-31-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:31 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Like I said it is another fairy tale told by tp. He is a piece of garbage that is out to protect his authenticators at all cost. They are as bad as he is.
I once asked Morales to come on this site and defend himself. I will ask Steve Rocchi. Come on down and tell us why your not a piece of crap just like the Donald and Morales and the rest of tp crew of experts.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Like I said it is another fairy tale told by tp. He is a piece of garbage that is out to protect his authenticators at all cost. They are as bad as he is.
I once asked Morales to come on this site and defend himself. I will ask Steve Rocchi. Come on down and tell us why your not a piece of crap just like the Donald and Morales and the rest of tp crew of experts.
I posted that thread in an attempt to have Rocchi reply to it, instead, Podsada himself showed up.

Rocchi is a member of the AML website.

Podsada can defend his crap until he is blue in the face, but he will never convince anyone but himself that his "stuff" is authentic.

I've made multiple purchases of that crap and have them in my possession.

They are all 4X6 and 5X7 prints done on inkjet paper.

ZERO of it came from Scoreboard. We've known that since the beginning. It was a no-brainer.

John House, the CEO of AtAuction has been selling that garbage to our military people for five years.

Disgusting.

http://military.exchangeauctions.com...ctions/1350179

Rocchi will never come online to defend his "authentications." He knows exactly what he is doing.

All I can say is that Rocchi must be proud of himself to be thought of in the same circles are Chris Morales, Ted Taylor and Drew Max.

Now I do recall Steve Cyrkin relaying a message from Rocchi that it is actually a John Goraczyk that does the "authenticating" and "forensic examination" of the pieces.

Truth is, you still can't contact anyone from the GFA website.

http://gfaauthenticated.com/team/

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 04-01-2015 at 04:56 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 07:19 AM
Richard Simon

That military exchange website, for those who do not know, is open only to active or retired military.
They are selling their crap to those who are defending and who have defended our country.
I was first alerted to this crap by a retired military man who frequents the site. He is not an autograph collector but the quantity of what was being sold concerned him and made him suspicious. The scam is so open and obvious that even non collectors can see it.
--
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Chuck Tapia

At least we all know where this junk has been coming from. The stories are amazing and like I said the autographs and the media they are on speak for themselves. Anyone who has a capacity to learn and a good 8-10 hour a day can tell the difference in 10 seconds when looking at a Podsada Forgery.

You can see actual pen marks when you look close up on a real signature. On Podsada's produced copies they are just that, copies. If he is the one who is also behind all the fake balls, they are Shakey Shantle's and also are just as cartoonish in their attempt to deceive.

IMHO, that's just what the man is doing to anyone who will listen....deceiving. His story does not make any sense to anyone with a sliver of a brain.

At least collectors have been brought up to speed on how the scam has worked and been so successful for 20 years or more. Despite many people suspecting Mr. Podsada for so long, at least we know for a fact that he is the source where most of the fakes have originated along with the cock and bull stories he sells to Dip Shit FDE's who are complicit to the crime, ignorant as hell or both.

I want to believe that he believes his stories, but when these brand new poses start showing up (and now in the wonderful 4 x 6 & 5 x 7 sizes) and the signatures start varying from height to width, it is apparent to me at least they are still cooking these out trying to dial them in somehow, then doing what he knows best, dressing up the pig with elaborate looking cheap framing.

When you compare a "Podsada Special" to an original Mantle Autograph under magnification it is even easier to see the difference in pen pressures, flows and the quality of the media.

It will be some run for the guy & simply amazing if he can keep out of jail in the twilight years of his life. I hope someday he gets to show the judge the testimony from Mickey Mantle where he said they were his. Even if he has that, the signatures don't lie, people do and in My opinion Tony Podsada is complicit to the crime of producing and selling counterfeit goods across state lines. I can only hope that the gentleman gets what's coming to him because IMHO, he has single handedly ruined Autograph collecting for me and countless others I'm sure.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 04-01-2015 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:15 AM
A.rt Se.rgi

Default re:Chris

Chris,
I worked for Tony P circa 1989 -1990 and remembered that he had a plethora of autographed stuff always available and typically 3"x5", 5"x7" and 8"x10". What was very strange is that for example when Billy Martin died within a week or so Tony acquired 500 autographed "8x10" pictures for his double "Gone But Not Forgotten" placque. Now when did Martin sign this stuff if he even did? Also, strange was a series of 500 Home Run Club plaques about 15 that contained all autographs (Ruth etc.)?? These were 3" x 5' photos. Then there were lithos signed by many football players like Montana, Marino and Elway at least 200 limited edition. I have done engravings and deliveries which is when I met Ken G., Paul G. and Mike B. of Scoreboard. Now Scoreboard seemed legit since they were dealing with HSN and QVC from what I know. Anything mounted for Scoreboard was supplied by Scoreboard as i remember. Once interesting plaques was Pete Rose signed with a red engraved plate that said "Charlie Hustle" and an actual base on it. Berto designed in front of me and he was happy with it and again he seemed on the level to me. I have some stuff Tony gave me but I'd bet it is junk easily from everything I have read about him and how he hurt this hobby.
@rt Ser.gi

Last edited by Leon; 05-11-2015 at 05:16 PM. Reason: added hidden name
Old 06-22-2021, 10:34 AM
A.rt Se.rgi

Fudd,
You never mentioned his interaction with Ken and his company Scoreboard. Tony told me they were supplying the autos for the plaques he made but I think Ken got screwed.
@rt S.

Last edited by NJDeepthroat; 06-22-2021 at 10:35 AM.
Old 06-27-2021, 10:16 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDeepthroat View Post
Fudd,
You never mentioned his interaction with Ken and his company Scoreboard. Tony told me they were supplying the autos for the plaques he made but I think Ken got screwed.
@rt S.
how silly of me not to mention that That was the e-bay e-mail that started it all, LOLOLOLOOLOL

It went something like this as I recall..."It was I who sued scoreboard and won"... Later debunked by Ken with copies of the legal documents.

Great memories NJ deepthroat. Thanks for the rehash. Always fun on a Sunday morning.

I was off to bigger and better things like getting my teeth kicked by PSA's "Billion dollar fraud" with trimmed and soaked BB Cards. Ken has moved on to bigger and better things as well...Tony has probably passed his autograph forgery ring to his kids in Florida by now, The Scamshine State because everywhere I look is FAKE TONY, MICKEY & Friends

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 06-27-2021 at 10:17 AM.