NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Administrator

Default Grading Compnay Questions

Posted By: Donny Muth

Hi all. I'm kinda new here to Net54, although I have made a few deals through the BST boards in the last few months and check out the boards daily.

Anyways, to the reason for the post. I have collected cards since 1985...before card grading came around...and since it did I never thought I would want to use the grading companies (and haven't thus far). I have just always preferred raw cards due to the ability to handle the actual card and also the lower prices. In fact, I only have one graded card in my collection and it's a T206 common graded by PRO that I bought years ago.

Having said all that, my first question was about grading altered (specifically trimmed) vintage cards. If I send in cards and the grading company determines that they have been trimmed, do they simply send them back ungraded with a detailed explanation? Or do they grade them as Authentic (A) and put them in the appropriate holder? Or is that an option on the submission form somewhere? If they are unable to put a grade on it, do you lose the grading fee or do they apply it to another submission? I have a couple of T206s that I fear have been trimmed. I am considering sending in some of my T206s to be graded and just wondered what to expect with some of the questionable examples.

Another question I have is concerning T206s with ink stamps on back. Will an ink stamp automatically get a normal grade with a Mark (Mk) qualifier from PSA and an automatic 10 grade from SGC? Or is it more complicated than that? Is it worth it to send in a stamped T206 or should I just leave it as raw?

Last question. Is there some break point in condition where sending a T206 in to be graded is worth the money and effort? What I mean is, does it make sense to try to grade cards that look like they'll get at least a PSA 3/SGC 40, but below that the benefits of grading aren't as beneficial?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

---Donny