NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Default 2 Vintage Baseball Trophies - NICE!

The first is a stunning Loving Cup style Trophy from the 1910s. It stands 15" tall, and has an incredible engraved baseball scene on the front. The engraving depicts a close play at the plate, inclusive of the Baserunner, Catcher, Umpire and Batter. Even the fans in the early grandstands can be seen in this incredibly detailed piece.

This trophy has a unique shiny "gunmetal" type of finish, with a gorgeous patina. Very rare style, and fancy engraving which reads... "Tip Top Tailor's Trophy" "The World's Largest One Price Tailors".

This trophy grades EX+, with absolutely no dents, chips or cracks... and just the typical/expected amount of wear to the finish. The only "flaw" is that the cup rotates on the base, if forced. This has no impact on its display value, and could be tightened by a handy person (if so desired). Just a beautiful display piece that would enhance any vintage baseball collection.

The price is $350 + $11 shipping = $361 total. If you are interested in both trophies, the total price would be $575, and I'll cover the shipping/insurance.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebay-april 001.jpg (75.1 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg ebay-april 003.jpg (73.2 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg ebay-april 004.jpg (75.1 KB, 301 views)
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Default The 2nd Trophy...

Here is the second one... a Chattanooga Lookouts Trophy from 1932.

A nifty 4" figural pitcher stands atop a 3 1/2" black bakelite base. Base has a silver plaque which is engraved... "Wes Kingdon" "Member of the Chattanooga Lookouts" "Dixie Series Champions 1932".

A really nice figural, and a rare early '30s trophy. This piece remains in very attractive EX/MT condition with no chips, cracks or restoration. The figural pitcher has developed a beautiful aged patina, and would enhance any advanced baseball collection.

The price is $275 + $8 shipping = $283 total. If you are interested in both trophies, the total price would be $575, and I'll cover the shipping + Insurance.

Please contact me with any further questions, and thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ebay-april 025.jpg (74.4 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg ebay-april 010.jpg (69.2 KB, 295 views)
File Type: jpg ebay-april 012.jpg (76.2 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg ebay-april 007.jpg (73.3 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg ebay-april 021.jpg (74.3 KB, 295 views)
Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Default Both moved to Ebay

Both trophies are now on Ebay - closing this Sunday with no reserves.

Please feel free to use ebay or make an offer here, if you are interested.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by perezfan; 04-27-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:01 AM
P.hil €lli$

I noticed that the trophy with the Pitcher figure was on eBay for a short time and I think it ended before it was supposed to.

Is it still for sale or have you sold it? Thanks.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

It sold via Buy It Now... funny, as I have received far more inquiries on this since it ended than when it was actually available for sale...

The original Ebay winner changed his mind about the trophy and backed out. Rather than deal with a lengthy ebay dispute, I offered the under-bidder an Ebay Second Chance Offer. Ebay only allows 24 hours for a buyer's response on these....

When I did not hear from the prospective buyer within the 24 hours, I re-listed it. Sure enough, he contacted me shortly after the re-listing. He was apparently away from his computer during the short "window" which ebay allows.

I normally don't like to end autions mid-stream, but this one had unique circumstances. The same fellow ended up with BOTH trophies, so it worked out very efficiently. I'm so sorry for any inconvenience... under normal conditions, I would let these ebay auctions run their full course.

Just wanted to provide the full explanation, as I appreciate your interest....

Thanks!
Mark