NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Ben

Default PayPal case opened against me by buyer

I sold a card and it was paid for on 1/3/2017 and now 4/4/2017 the buyer states that they didn't authorize the purchase. This item was listed for a certain price or best offer. I accepted their best offer. and now 3 freaking months later they want their money back. Wal-Mart doesn't even accept returns after 60 days.

What can I do? PayPal says that they are reviewing this as soon as possible. At this time, they need no further action or information from me. Will they ask for my argument?

I will just stop now and wait for the comments.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:12 PM
Kin K.

Hoping for the best for you. This is why I'm afraid to even sell high priced items to people I don't know.
T206/T213 Scoops Carey back run: 4/4 !00% complete

Focus: open wheel/Indy 500 cards (1911 ATC Auto Drivers (T36), 1954 Stark & Wetzel 500 Winners, 1960 Parkhurst Indy Speedway Winners & 1960s Marhoefer Indy 500), match books & post cards.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets, jp1216 & sebie43; RAKs from CW & LuckyLarry
Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Ben

total with shipping was $103.50
Old 04-04-2017, 08:18 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Some of these buyers have mental issues, substance abuse problems, alcohol issues, etc. Wake up three months later and have Buyers remorse. Feel bad for them whatever the issue is but tough luck. Not your problem.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Some of these buyers have mental issues, substance abuse problems, alcohol issues, etc. Wake up three months later and have Buyers remorse. Feel bad for them whatever the issue is but tough luck. Not your problem.
But will PayPal just side with the Buyer or will I have a chance to say how dumb this is??? If I made a mistake in the listing, I would accept a return.... If buyer got the card and didn't like it and wanted to return it within two weeks, yea i would accept return if card was in same condition. (this card was graded)..

But this is not my fault... It's not my fault that they made and offer and I accepted it... I thought it says that you are agreeing to pay for the item if you win whenever you bid or make an offer.

I just haven't had a problem with selling cards. Maybe I can sell it for more the 2nd time. Joke will be on them.

and how would i go about blocking this ebay id from seeing/bidding/thinking about bidding/making offers/thinking about making offer on my auctions???
Old 04-08-2017, 08:10 PM
Lewis Vintage Collectibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBen View Post
But will PayPal just side with the Buyer or will I have a chance to say how dumb this is??? If I made a mistake in the listing, I would accept a return.... If buyer got the card and didn't like it and wanted to return it within two weeks, yea i would accept return if card was in same condition. (this card was graded)..

But this is not my fault... It's not my fault that they made and offer and I accepted it... I thought it says that you are agreeing to pay for the item if you win whenever you bid or make an offer.

I just haven't had a problem with selling cards. Maybe I can sell it for more the 2nd time. Joke will be on them.

and how would i go about blocking this ebay id from seeing/bidding/thinking about bidding/making offers/thinking about making offer on my auctions???

Hey there Ben! Ive had this issue before. You need to call paypal and plead your case before they cime with a resolution. Ive learned with paypal they usually side with which ever party is willing to call and complain. Hahaha...

They rulled in my favor because i told them it was 2 months ago (which was my scenario). I cant see paypal favoring them though
Old 04-04-2017, 08:22 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Get your documents in order:
1) Where the item was sold from (eBay, board message, emails, etc).
2) Find your tracking number to prove delivery.

There is a scam going around because eBay auctions only stay in eBay's history for two months. So sellers enter the tracking number there, to prove the item was delivered, and normally throw out the tracking receipt once the item shows delivered. So if they get a PayPal chargeback between 3-6 months, 90% of sellers won't have the tracking number to prove it was delivered.
My expectation is that PayPal will either force you to take the return, or they'll refund the buyer out of their own pocket and possibly lock the buyer's account.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:36 PM
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Get your documents in order:
1) Where the item was sold from (eBay, board message, emails, etc).
2) Find your tracking number to prove delivery.

There is a scam going around because eBay auctions only stay in eBay's history for two months. So sellers enter the tracking number there, to prove the item was delivered, and normally throw out the tracking receipt once the item shows delivered. So if they get a PayPal chargeback between 3-6 months, 90% of sellers won't have the tracking number to prove it was delivered.
My expectation is that PayPal will either force you to take the return, or they'll refund the buyer out of their own pocket and possibly lock the buyer's account.

January 5, 2017, 12:03 pm Delivered, In/At Mailbox TOMS RIVER, NJ 08757
Your item was delivered in or at the mailbox at 12:03 pm on January 5, 2017 in TOMS RIVER, NJ 08757.
January 5, 2017, 9:26 am Out for Delivery TOMS RIVER, NJ 08757
January 5, 2017, 9:12 am Sorting Complete TOMS RIVER, NJ 08757
January 5, 2017, 3:31 am Arrived at Post Office TOMS RIVER, NJ 08753
January 4, 2017, 10:32 pm Departed USPS Destination Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032
January 4, 2017, 9:38 pm Arrived at USPS Facility KEARNY, NJ 07032
January 4, 2017, 6:00 am Departed USPS Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40231
January 3, 2017, 11:25 pm Arrived at USPS Origin Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40231
January 3, 2017, 10:10 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40229
January 3, 2017, 7:57 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item LOUISVILLE, KY 40229
January 3, 2017 Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

I found the tracking... it was delivered. ughhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-04-2017, 08:48 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

The buyer may have forgotten they bought the item. I had something similar happen before.

A guy bought an item from me, and when his wife saw the charge, she asked him about it and he told her he didn't remember buying anything. She thought the charge was fraudulent, so she opened up a case with PP. I sent her a message with the pertinent purchase information and she dropped the case.