NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Administrator

Default PSA graded T206 Honus Wagner on EBay ...

Posted By: Halleygator

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31718&item=4130647924&rd=1

Any thoughts from the experts on whether it really is "authentic" or whether PSA missed the call??

It has obviously been trimmed ... which is why they would not grade it as a "PSA 1."

And the BETTER question ... since the seller has a ZERO feedback ... is whether the seller really even has possession of this card at all.

I smell scam.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Since the link now says "invalid item", I would assume that it was a scam.

Old 05-11-2004, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

I would say "hand cut" instead of trimmed. The job is so sloppy, I think of trimming as a form of doctoring a card. It looks real to me from here but your points about the seller seem very valid.

SELLER JUST BECAME "NOT REGISTERED"

Old 05-11-2004, 07:58 AM
Administrator

home | pay | register | sign out | services | site map | help

Back to home page Listed in category: Sports Cards and Memorabilia > Cards > Baseball-MLB > Singles (Pre-1930) > Graded > PSA

T206 Honus Wagner - Newly Discovered - PSA AUTHENTIC
Brilliant Honus Wagner PSA Card Item number: 4130647924

You are signed in Add to watch list in My eBay

Go to larger picture Starting bid: US $9,500.00

Time left: 2 days 16 hours
3-day listing
Ends May-13-04 23:11:45 PDT
Add to Calendar
Start time: May-10-04 23:11:45 PDT
History: 0 bids
Item location: Sydney
United States

Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping and payment details

Seller information
rubbersoulptyltd( 0 )
Feedback Score: 0 feedback reviews
Member since May-10-04 in Australia

Read feedback comments
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items

Description
T206 - HONUS WAGNER

PSA AUTHENTIC

In the annals of sports collecting, a more monumental piece does not exist than the T206 Honus Wagner. Widely known as the “Mona Lisa” of trading cards, this 1.5x2.5” piece of cardboard featuring a one-sided color lithograph of the Flying Dutchman is the cornerstone of all acquisitions. Wagner, a charter member of baseball’s Hall of Fame is regarded as one of the greatest all-around players in the history of our Great American Pastime, but it is specifically the legend of his T206 card that made Honus Wagner a household name in America. As the story goes, Wagner himself ordered the recall of his tobacco cards back in the 1910’s because he didn’t want to be associated with the American Tobacco Company. Subsequently, there are only about 50 known examples in existence, making this fresh unveiling all the more important. The T206 Honus Wagner offered here is the latest important discovery. It has remained buried in the private collection of one family since the time of its issue back in 1910. Graded “Authentic” by PSA, it exhibits creasing, rounded corners and 3 trimmed edges (the top and 2 sides). The gentleman who had originally owned the card had stored it in his wallet from the 1920’s to the 1940’s, which would explain why it has been trimmed. The reason this specimen was kept so close, his family explains, was very early on, long before other collectors and possibly even before the hobby of collecting itself, their father realized the significance of such a rare piece. Since then the Wagner has become an heirloom, a prized possession passed from generation to generation until this very moment. Discovered recently amongst a collection of over 450 T206’s, this jewel is an unknown and uncatalogued T206 Honus Wagner. The fact that it even exists today is made even more extraordinary considering that in 1980 the consignor's home was burglarized and most of their valuables stolen. Fate though saved this card as the intruders overlooked their extensive card collection and in the process left behind the most priceless item of all. Unwilling to press their good fortune any longer the family immediately moved the Wagner into their private vault for safer keeping. Now, seeing the light of day for the very first time in over two decades , this exciting new discovery will indelibly be propelled into the international spotlight, making another splash in the oceanic history of sports card collecting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE Counters and Services from Andale

Shipping and payment details
Shipping and handling:
Check item description and payment instructions or contact seller for details.
Will ship worldwide.

Payment methods accepted
See item description for payment methods accepted
Learn about payment methods.

Ready to bid? help

T206 Honus Wagner - Newly Discovered - PSA AUTHENTIC
Starting bid: US $9,500.00
Your maximum bid: US $
(Enter US $9,500.00 or more)

eBay automatically bids on your behalf up to your maximum bid.
Learn about bidding.

What else can you do?
Back to home page | Ask seller a question | Email this item to a friend | Printer friendly page | Top of page

Seller assumes all responsibility for listing this item.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Announcements | Register | Security Center | Policies | Feedback Forum | About eBay

Copyright © 1995-2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Old 05-11-2004, 08:00 AM
Administrator

I saved the picture too! anyone can email me for it. Dan

Old 05-11-2004, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: david

this discrition is taken from the lelands catalog from their last auction. i believe the card was 'discovered' during the last national and has a peidmont back.

Old 05-11-2004, 09:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: brian p

Not to offend any of our fellow vintage bb card collectors Down Under, but I noticed that the country this seller was registered on Ebay was Australia. He would more likely have a vintage card of Aussie Rules Football legend Shane McDermott than a Honus.

Note: I'd advise that you don't Google on Shane McDermott--I just made him up.

Brian

Old 05-11-2004, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

I love the game and am a huge Carlton Blues fan. Although they suck this year. FoxSports International is finally carrying games again, so I can get my fix on TV once again. It's all ESPN's fault I am hooked. In their early days, they used to program heavy does of Footie. Then when I finally traveled to Australia, I got to see some games live, including the most lopsided victory in history when North Melbourne beat Fitzroy 257-56.

Jay

Old 05-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

Unlike Italy (if you know what I'm talking about), baseball is moderatily popular in Austrailia. And, as I've both sold to Austrailians and lived in the country when I was a kid, I will vouch for Australians as reputable.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

And I have a photo of a 7 year old me holding a Koala Bear to vouch for my authenticity.