NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 08-07-2015, 01:10 PM
Michael I.

Default Ruth/Gehrig ball I thought Id share

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-am...16.m2516.l5255

Thought I would share this beauty I saw on Ebay...I always love the stories people will come up with to try and sell a replica ball as real...Though Id share with you guys as well.
Old 08-07-2015, 01:17 PM
James

He also recently sold this Duke Snider which has to be the worst Snider I've seen...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Duke-Snider-...p2047675.l2557
Old 08-07-2015, 01:18 PM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubswin82 View Post
He also recently sold this Duke Snider which has to be the worst Snider I've seen...

Yeah but buyer got it for $3.25 thats not bad! lol
Old 08-07-2015, 04:07 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7imel View Post
Yeah but buyer got it for $3.25 thats not bad! lol
Plus a 200% guarantee! I may change my business model to just purchase my new favorite sellers items!

"Photo comes with a COA and Yesterdays legends hologram. Photo and autograph are mint! 200% GUARANTEE to pass any authentication process. Which means, should there ever be doubt about the authenticity of the autograph, I will refund you all of your money plus will double it for any troubles. Not only this but I will also reimburse you for any authentication fees."
Old 08-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Michael I.

good luck collecting from a 1 feedback ebay seller!...hahhah
Old 08-08-2015, 08:29 AM
keith janosky

I find it funny all the questionable stuff people say they either found it in an estate sale or in a grandfathers closet. The estate sale is always the big one when someone wants to pass off a fake item.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:24 AM
$teve O.

But after Babe signed his grandfathers ball,he took him to the ballpark.How can you doubt that?
Old 08-08-2015, 09:37 AM
G@ry Sƈ@m.ҽh.0ɾn

Lou didn't want to sign the ball at first?! Probably because he wanted to signed the sweet spot. BUT Babe...once again..stole it. Jerk....
Old 08-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Scott

Maybe when Babe and Lou were having their "spat"?
Old 08-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubswin82 View Post

Just by coincidence the buyer of that Snider (who gives glowing feedback) has a feedback of 1. I wonder where his feedback could possibly have come from.

Geez, this guy could not wait to start scamming. Create an ebay a/c, get a feedback of 1 and start scamming immediately. The general ebay scammer at least tries to establish more of a feedback rating then 1.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 08-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Michael I.

It does no good at all to report this to Ebay either they do nothing about it. Its all about the money to them I believe. I reported this one to Ebay because it had an ACE COA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TY-COBB-CUT-...vip=true&rt=nc

Seller swore up and down because it was bought at nationals a few years ago it was good. Like you said Richard Ebay is a crime scene! No one cares about anything but their 8.25 percent cut. After reporting it to ebay as a violation because ACE on Banned list the auction was still able to run its course and some poor sucker spent 300 bucks on outright garbage. Cant blame it all on the sellers as long as their is dumb buyers out there who think they are getting a legite Cobb for a quarter of what it would really cost then there will always be a market.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:31 PM
Christopher Williams

Ebay is simply a cesspool of forgeries.

They no longer remove obvious forgeries with COAs from their own "Banned COA List."

Every day there are hundreds of "Florida" forgeries with COAs from Stephen Rocchi and John Goraczyk and their Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (also know as Guaranteed Fake Autographs) Group.

It really is disgusting.

The scammers are running amok on Ebay......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMnM_cQu6Fo

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 08-08-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:09 PM

Default great story

I loved reading his story about Babe Ruth taking his grandfather on the field.

It reminds me of the time that Pete Rose invited me into the clubhouse to help him pick some winners. Of course I politely declined. John Denny had just signed six cards for me at the rail. He then had me join him on the field for a three way catch with Dave Parker. Ah memories.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:49 AM
Michael I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianinAZ View Post

It reminds me of the time that Pete Rose invited me into the clubhouse to help him pick some winners. Of course I politely declined. John Denny had just signed six cards for me at the rail. He then had me join him on the field for a three way catch with Dave Parker. Ah memories.
Brian, that sounds like a gook day....lol
Old 08-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I find it funny all the questionable stuff people say they either found it in an estate sale or in a grandfathers closet. The estate sale is always the big one when someone wants to pass off a fake item.
"Estate sales" and "grandpa's attic" are so 2010. The trending fake sellers' favorite story is "obtained at a storage unit auction."

Old 08-09-2015, 03:32 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianinAZ View Post
The length and level of wistful romanticism in the story that accompanies an item is typically inversely proportional to the authenticity of said item.