NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

As long as we're throwing anonymous character witnesses around, I very much like Todd, even when he tries to humiliate me with prior inconsistent statements.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-15-2014, 10:07 AM
Clayton

First, thank you Leon for allowing political talk in this one thread.

Thankfully, there's nothing to be alarmed about.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us...ents.html?_r=1

Sincerely, Clayton

Last edited by teetwoohsix; 06-16-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Because I love corrupt politicians and illegal immigration!
Old 06-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Last edited by jhs5120; 11-30-2020 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 08:57 AM
J@m3s @ndr3ws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120 View Post
Unfortunately it's easier to get an assault rifle than cough syrup in some states and police are the ones suffering the consequences.
Do you have any sources to back this up? The majority of police deaths are actually vehicular, followed by handguns.

No-knock warrants are Gestapo tactics, and cops in military gear with fully automatic weapons, flashbangs and armored vehicles are the sign of an overbearing government, not advances in technology. A quick search of google will come up with more incidents of cops screwing up no-knock raids than getting hurt in them. Things like throwing a flashbang in a toddler's playpen and burning 70% of his body, killing beloved family pets, etc. The justification for most no-knock warrants? The subject they are trying to serve is "known to carry weapons" or it is a drug charge.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:40 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Last edited by jhs5120; 11-30-2020 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:38 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
There are more than 30 states that DO NOT require any form of photo ID to obtain an assault rifle.
If anyone buys a gun from a licensed dealer (no matter which state they reside in), you have to fill out Form 4473 from the federal government and present a government issued id.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_4473

That article is talking about private sales from one person to another (although it conveniently fails to mention that).

The cough syrup argument has been worn out now.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-16-2014, 11:11 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
It still stands, I can go to any gun show in Texas and purchase an assault rifle without showing ID.
And it's still wrong, but at least you're consistent.

You can purchase an assault rifle from an individual, not a dealer, at a gun show in Texas without an id. If you're going to say that, you need to be clear on the matter. You make it sound as if nobody is requiring paperwork or checking ids. Besides, good luck finding an assault rifle for sale from an individual at a gun show. Most people are holding onto them.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:25 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

And for that matter, can't you pretty much buy a gun in any state from an individual without an id? Are all those shootings in Chicago committed with guns purchased with an id, or do you think most are committed with guns purchased without an id? But, wait, isn't Illinois one of the states that requires an id to purchase a gun? So doesn't that mean that people disregarding the law?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-16-2014, 11:50 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
If you're trying to argue that a criminal has never purchased a gun through a private sale, you'll most likely lose that argument.
I'm trying to argue just the opposite. Illinois is one of the states that requires an id for private party gun sales. It was more of a question for you. Do you think that the bad guys of Chicago are complying with that law, or do you think they purchase their guns off the street without an id? You would probably say that most of the bad guys purchase their guns off the street without and id, right? Therefore my whole point was what does it matter if there are laws on the books or not requiring an id for private part sales if the bad guys aren't going to comply?

Chicago has some of the strictist gun laws in the country, yet their gun violence is among the highest in the country. Why aren't the laws working? Are there not enough laws in Chicago or do they need more?
Old 06-16-2014, 11:58 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-16-2014, 12:07 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I am a second amendment supporter, but I think a few common sense laws would help the problem.
I'm all in favor of common sense laws, but I don't think they would help the problem. Purchasing a gun should require paperwork and an id. Period. It doesn't matter if it's through a dealer or a private sale. I think that is common sense. However, I don't think it would help with the problem as the bad guys aren't going to comply with the law.

I work for a company with nearly 5 thousand employees. We have an active bulletin board at work where we are able to buy, sell and trade things - anything, just as long as it's legal. I recently traded a lever action rifle for a .40 caliber handgun. Although Texas law doesn't require any paperwork, we still completed our own transfer paperwork with each other's names, addresses, gun serial numbers, etc. Heck, I don't want a gun out there that was originally registered in my name to somebody I barely know. He probably felt the same way. If something ever happens, I can show the paperwork that I am lo longer owner of the gun that I swapped him.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:17 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-16-2014, 12:29 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I also support strict penalties to the registered owner of a gun used in a crime.
That can be a real slippery slope though. What if the gun owner had the gun secured, someone broke into their home, stole it and then used it in a crime? Should the gun owner be penalized even though they were a responsible citizen? That would be like penalizing someone that had their car stolen from their garage and the car was used in a crime.

On the other hand, sure, there are people that don't secure their guns. Should they be penalized if their gun is stolen and used in a crime, or if some kid finds it and accidentally shoots themself or somebody else? You betcha! But, at the same time, so should that guy that leaves his car running while he runs into the convenience store and somebody hops in and takes off. It's all about personal responsibility.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 06-16-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:52 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-16-2014, 01:13 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Still a real slippery slope. What if you don't realize your gun was missing? It's not like most people set there and pull them out all the time and look at them. It's secured and you really don't think much about it - you know it's there if and when you need it. You've never had something stolen and didn't realize it until much later?

And it wasn't really a gun/car comparison. It could have been anything. It was meant to show that, when being responsible, people shouldn't be penalized. Forget the car, let's say somebody breaks into your house and steals your autographed Derek Jeter baseball bat and uses it to bash in somebody's head? Your fault? Certainly not.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:53 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandr272 View Post
Do you have any sources to back this up? The majority of police deaths are actually vehicular, followed by handguns.

No-knock warrants are Gestapo tactics, and cops in military gear with fully automatic weapons, flashbangs and armored vehicles are the sign of an overbearing government, not advances in technology. A quick search of google will come up with more incidents of cops screwing up no-knock raids than getting hurt in them. Things like throwing a flashbang in a toddler's playpen and burning 70% of his body, killing beloved family pets, etc. The justification for most no-knock warrants? The subject they are trying to serve is "known to carry weapons" or it is a drug charge.
+1 agreed here. What used to be something that they did on a rare occasion years ago, has now become the norm. What you cited about the flashbang in the toddler's playpen was horrific, and I saw the pictures. I think the baby was something like 19 months old, and the burns were so bad they had to put the baby in a medically induced coma. The poor baby's face was burnt almost completely. Why did this happen? Because a confidential informant bought some meth from a family member OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE. No knock raids should be outlawed. But, the arrest is the number one priority and screw everything else. Time to high five each other for another "bust".......wow! What a rush, huh?

What's wrong with waiting for the subject to walk out of the home and arrest him? If they have proof he sold to an informant, and that was enough to get a warrant, why not kick back and wait for him to come outside, rather than terrorize a whole family?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this, thanks for your post.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-17-2014, 01:36 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Personally, I liked your original unedited post much better

I guess I'm a little bias because I have friends in the force. I have no problem with police forces using recycled military gear (it's better than Bush selling them to Sadam Hussein). I think the best quote of the article is this:

Unfortunately it's easier to get an assault rifle than cough syrup in some states and police are the ones suffering the consequences. If I were to put my life on the line each day I'd probably push towards better gear. Wouldn't you? That's a serious question Clayton. If you were a police officer and you had the opportunity to better protect yourself, would you? I know I would. I would grab as many assault rifles, MRAPs, tanks, grenade launchers and whatever I can get my hands on.
Thanks Jason, I edited it out because after reading it over again in the morning I felt like "what's the use". I could fill up pages of what I feel is wrong with this Country, but unless people are aware of the things I'm talking about-it doesn't resonate.

To answer your question though- it is a much deeper situation than police wanting better gear. But, we are going beyond just "better gear", we are bringing the military structure to the police force-from the dress, to the vehicles, to the weapons, to the tactics.......I'm sorry, but I don't want to live in the "new war zone". I look at it this way. These police voluntarily signed up to do this job. They chose it as a career path. They are choosing to put their lives on the line for a paycheck. The same way I drove public transportation for years. Guess what? I drove through the worst areas in this city every night I worked-putting my life on the line- with NO WEAPON AT ALL. You don't think I had to deal with hostile drunks, people tweaked out on who knows what, fights, child abuse, elder abuse, gang bangers in droves? But- it's called "communication skills". I treated people with respect, and for the most part, got it in return. Sure, I had situations that I had to quell (quite often).....but it's called "reasoning" instead of "force".

I know driving a bus is not the same as being a cop, but I dealt with the public just the same. We were trained to handle situations without needing weapons.

You think a militarized police force is a ridiculous issue, but I don't think you see the whole picture here. Look up NDAA 2012 Section 1021 & 1022. Look how they are killing people who are unarmed left and right-and always getting away with it by saying " the officer was in fear of his/her life" and being put on PAID LEAVE-just to be cleared. If these cops want to be the leaders of the community, then hold them accountable when they murder an innocent victim. They should be held to a higher standard-you kill an unarmed innocent civilian, 25 to life. I bet the abuse would end quick. Independent review of the case by a body of the public they are serving. Same goes for politicians. They should be held to a higher standard, and if they abuse their power they go to prison, end of story.

Because the public sees what they get away with, police and politicians, they lose faith in the system and there's no trust. Social decay. People who don't even break the law are afraid of police. This is why militarizing them does nothing more create an atmosphere of hostility and fear-just the way the politicians want it.

End the war on drugs,,,,,,,,,that is (in my opinion) a way to start healing this nation. Let adults be adults and make their own decisions on what they want to put in their bodies. If they aren't harming anyone else, give them the freedom to choose.Prohibition does not work-proven fact. If they commit crimes because of their drug use(like burglary, robbery, car jacking, etc.), lock them up. Simple. Because, regardless, people are still and always will use drugs. And, I am NOT promoting drug use, just trying to use common sense. Locking people in cages and giving them felonies over a $20.00 bag of cocaine is absurd. That felony means that 75% of his/her job opportunities are gone. Addicts do recover and become productive- why limit their ambitions if they clean up their lives?

Lastly, I want every police officer to make it home safely every night. Just like I want every human to make it home safely every night.After all, we are all Americans, right?

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Clayton

Oh yeah,and welcome to the U.S.of A. MS-13! Bring your machetes?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...bers-entering/

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. Who is allowing THIS B/S to continue? What about "National Security"?

Last edited by teetwoohsix; 06-17-2014 at 10:22 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Clayton

And, finally, one quick search and it was not hard to find this story from your neck of the woods Jason:

http://jonathanturley.org/2014/02/25...e-allegations/

So, you don't see a problem militarizing the police? I found this story in a second, and it wasn't even the one I was thinking about- which was a kid who was pulled over, and beaten when he tried to grab his paycheck from blowing out of the car.

These stories are all over the country like an epidemic. I think it has to do with the way police are being trained, and how they are treating the public. I want our society to have faith and trust in the police-not fear. Stories like this should be a rare incident. The whole nation should have learned from the Rodney King beating, but I guess not.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-17-2014, 11:43 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Oh yeah,and welcome to the U.S.of A. MS-13! Bring your machetes?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...bers-entering/

Sincerely, Clayton

P.S. Who is allowing THIS B/S to continue? What about "National Security"?
From the article...

I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’”

Sadly, it's true.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:37 PM
J@m3s @ndr3ws

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhs5120
There are more than 30 states that DO NOT require any form of photo ID to obtain an assault rifle. I went to my local Shop Rite yesterday and I need to provide my driver's license to pick up cough syrup AND I was limited to only one.
I was asking you to source where officers have been injured or killed by firearms defined as assault rifles.

Quote:
The Military Transfer Program was originally enacted during George HW Bush's administration. The program isn't so much the government sending police military weapons, but police officers and local officials requesting them. This is the doing of local government/local police forces. If anyone is overbearing, it is them.
It only matters that they have them, and the feds aren't exactly charging them retail. I doubt the Podunk county sheriff has a spare couple of million dollars for a MRAP lying around.

Quote:
I'm not going to risk my life because the "beloved family dog" of a meth head might get an ear ache.
I was talking about "mishaps" a bit more serious:

That is the result of an overzealous cop with a flashbang. Guess what, nothing has been done to the officer either "it was a tragic mistake" says the department.

Quote:
Okay, the whole "Militarized Police Force" scare is ridiculous. Gun rights activists argue that Assault Rifles are a necessary tool for protection for every day citizens, but if a police officer (who might actually need such weapons) want to protect themselves the second amendment goes right out the door!
I'm arguing against military tactics and equipment such as flashbangs and light machine guns (as opposed to assault rifles). Allowing cops to carry weapons normal citizens can't creates a citizenry that has more rights than the rest. And the scare isn't ridiculous, because historically when governments stop fearing their own citizens, liberty doesn't last long.

Also, why would a cop need say, a fully automatic M4? Who are they going to be engaging at 300m where they need the capability to fire 600 rounds per minute? I understand deploying flashbangs when clearing an actively hostile room, but for the standard no-knock felony warrant, when the occupants of the room aren't even known? I'm saying the cops here are using tactics we used in Iraq to clear buildings and the vast majority of the time they are swatting flies with a shotgun!

I couldn't care less if the process to purchase handguns and rifles becomes even more stringent or requires basic safety training... but allowing citizens such as cops to have more rights than the rest of citizenry is unconstitutional, plain and simple.

Last edited by jandr272; 06-17-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Fix link / grammar
Old 06-18-2014, 07:28 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Last edited by jhs5120; 11-30-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:01 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Clayton

Quote:

I disagree with you on "police militarization." Again, I'm a little bias because I have friends in the force and I'm a second amendment supporter. Unfortunately, police are charged with defending us against a militarized nation. On US soil, people are getting blown up in the streets, shot down in movie theatres by men armed with grenades, bullet proof vests and assault rifles. Americans are getting shot down at school, at grocery stores and in their own homes. America has become a militarized nation and the people defending us against ourselves need to be prepared for a new wave of domestic terrorists. That's just a fact.
Well, I can understand the bias seeing that you have friends in the force. I think we would probably all agree that there are good people in law enforcement, good judges, etc.. But, I think you may be way off in thinking that 99% are good. That is a bit fantasy sounding to me, I can search the internet and find TONS of video's showing various instances of police corruption,brutality, and downright murder.And these are instances of where they were recorded. It would be nice if every department across the nation was 99% Serpico and 1% corrupt, but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

I think you are way off to think America(as in American citizens) has become a militarized nation-this screams of cable media brainwashing to me. New wave of domestic terrorists? Yeah, I think you've been falling for the propaganda (no offense). How many people live here? 330,000,000 or so? They feed you no stop with the Santa Barbara kid- but not a peep about Chicago. Right now, if you haven't noticed, they are trying to convince us (Americans) that we need to "intervene in Iraq". No, we need to intervene at our own border! We need to fix our problems HERE. It's propaganda, and it's sick.

Here's the cold hard truth:

http://www.activistpost.com/2014/06/...ty-become.html

All I can say is I hope people wake up to this evil. And quick.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Clayton

Quote:

It was a tragic mistake and unavoidable mistake. If I'm raiding the house of a known meth dealer with a history of gun violence and drug related charges, I'm bringing everything I got. They didn't know there was a kid inside and more steps should have been taken to ensure they knew the entire situation, but I'm not going to ban no-knock warrants because one crack baby (not to sound cruel).
I'm sorry, but this was completely avoidable. If you are going to "no knock" raid someone's house, you should know who lives in that house. Due diligence is required. No amount of drugs is worth this type of "mistake". It's a baby-why you would call this infant a "crack baby" is repugnant. No knock warrants , in my opinion, should only be for people wanted for the most serious felonies, like murder, robbery, rape, etc. Not because their "confidential informant" bought a small amount of drugs from a guy OUTSIDE of the home.

Accidents in this line of work are bound to happen.....but if you haven't noticed-everything is "a mistake", and they promise "a thorough investigation". But-they end up cleared, as usual.

It's not popular to point out police abuse, but enough is enough! Kelly Thomas-that's what did it for me- it's time for a major discussion on this type of behavior. The good police need to start speaking up-and if they see a fellow officer who can't handle the stress of the job and is a potential danger to the public, they need to let their supervisor know and remove him or her.

The war on drugs brought us all of this gestapo style crap.....it needs to be fixed. I have a lot of respect for these LEO's- L.E.A.P.- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. Veteran police, judges, correction officers, detectives, etc......who are speaking out about the damage and absurdity that the war on drugs has brought us as a country. I would highly recommend watching this-startling statistics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsk8R_j5zzg

Want to know how controlled our media is? Did you realize Mexico decriminalized ALL street drugs a few years back? I honestly didn't know until I watched this video.....then I researched it, and I couldn't believe it. WTF?

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-19-2014, 02:37 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
From the article...

I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’”

Sadly, it's true.
We need to call it what it is- a foreign invasion. And, our corrupt politicians are sitting back and letting it happen. It's way worse than that article, they are allowing it on purpose. And, again, where is DHS? What about "National Security"? How many terrorists have came across? Is this not treason?

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-19-2014, 11:02 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
There are an estimated 300,000,000 guns in America; or more than one for every able bodied citizen.
I guess I am way over my limit then
Old 06-19-2014, 11:16 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-19-2014, 11:31 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
7 firearms per house on average!
That's exactly how many I currently own at the moment. That number can increase or decrese depending on what I buy, sell or trade for, but it's usually pretty consistent.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:15 PM
Clayton

Quote:
I'm not going to risk my life because the "beloved family dog" of a meth head might get an ear ache. Think.
Today, reported by AP:

http://news.yahoo.com/2nd-officer-su...204342108.html

What a guy.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-24-2014, 11:23 AM
Clayton

Quote:

It was a tragic mistake and unavoidable mistake. If I'm raiding the house of a known meth dealer with a history of gun violence and drug related charges, I'm bringing everything I got. They didn't know there was a kid inside and more steps should have been taken to ensure they knew the entire situation, but I'm not going to ban no-knock warrants because one crack baby (not to sound cruel).
I'm not sure where you are getting your information about the story^^ but it almost sounds like you are talking about something different. This was not a "crack baby" (as if that even makes a difference-a baby is a baby)- but I didn't read anything about a history of gun violence. Maybe I missed that. But, if you read the end of this report, you will see they located their subject, and without hesitation or confrontation, he WILLINGLY went with police. So, all of this militarized B/S was UNNECESSARY.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2014/...ams-raids-aclu

As far as the original topic- the reason they want "gun control" has NOTHING to do with any of the killings in the past 6 years. If your eyes were wide open, you would understand what I'm saying. With all due respect.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Last edited by jhs5120; 11-30-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:24 PM
Clayton

Quote:

You just always go on weird tangents about the police and the DHS and government conspiracies, but I realize what your impression is of the federal government and "why" you believe they want to control firearm purchases. I just think you're wrong. With all due respect.
I'll sum myself up for you: Anti-corruption, freedom loving American. Oh, and I can't stand abuse of power and trust. CNN..........ah, never mind.

http://benswann.com/faith-in-police-...historic-lows/

Here I go on another weird tangent-only because after I logged out, and went to my homepage, this was right there in front of me:

http://news.yahoo.com/as-wars-wind-d...233505138.html

The fact of the matter is......I'm not making ANY of this stuff up. How can you say any of this stuff I link to is "government conspiracies"? I'm not writing these articles. Is it all a figment of my imagination? Is there no cause for alarm?

Sincerely, Clayton

Last edited by teetwoohsix; 06-24-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:38 PM
Clayton

CNN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTWY14eyMFg

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-24-2014, 07:03 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-24-2014, 07:34 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Did you just link a CNN video from 1990????

Sure did. Oh, my bad........fake then, but not now.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Clayton

Quote:
From post # 235

Sounds like a conspiracy to me, but what do I know.
The second to last link I provided (a couple of posts back) SAYS exactly what you just quoted me writing in post #235. So, where is the conspiracy Jason? Did you even read the article? Is the DHS not part of the Federal Government? Nice try though.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-25-2014, 07:03 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Jason S!m@nds

Old 06-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Clayton

Quote:
You're posting articles written by conspiracy theorists on websites frequented by conspiracy theorists about conspiracy theories, and then you use these conspiracy theorist's conspiracy theory articles to provide support for the conspiracy theories that you are writing about on this forum.

Just because someone writes an article about a subject doesn't make it not a conspiracy theory.
So the last article I posted from Yahoo! is now considered a conspiracy theory? I see. I've came to the conclusion that I am wasting my time with you because it really doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not. You do your best to discredit me and attack my character-like you know me that well. This is usually what certain people do when you are destroying the credibility of a lie.

Think about it Jason- if we (the public) were given the truth all of the time, would conspiracies even exist? No, they would not. But, we are lied to, manipulated, and deceived on a regular basis. For example- the North Hollywood bank robbery shootout. Why was there no "conspiracy theory" there? Because it really was what it was.

If this conversation were making progress, I'd love to continue-but it's not and it won't. You believe what you want to believe, justify everything and enjoy CNN and whatever else you consider to be the truth.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Clayton

Quote:
So are you saying the part written about Wanis Thonetheva is fake, or are you just going off on another tangent. I'm genuinely curious about the purpose of this random link........
" Going off on another tangent".......... if you don't get it you never will. Enjoy your brainwashing, you seem to enjoy it. By the way- you are obvious.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 06-25-2014, 08:42 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
I've came to the conclusion that I am wasting my time with you because it really doesn't matter to me if you believe me or not.
Yes, you are wasting your time. You may as well be talking to a brick wall.

Quote:
But, we are lied to, manipulated, and deceived on a regular basis.
Bingo! Just like the Benghazi incident was over a YouTube video. Just like Fast and Furious. Just like 'losing' all of Lois Lerner's emails.

But, Clayton, when you point out these lies, these people are so quick to say, "Bush lied about this. Bush lied about that. Blah, blah, blah..." They want to defend their political party, and by doing so try to deiscredit the other side. They're too blind and ignorant to see that we're being lied to not just by one party, but by both parties.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 AM
Steve Birmingham

Looks aside, the MRAPs are some very good multi purpose trucks. Ones that cost around 5-600,00 bought new.

Even one of the articles linked says they would be useful after a disaster like a flood or hurricane.

So what should the feds do? Scrap the surplus ones? Pay a load of money to essentially rebody them as less "scary" trucks? or simply give them as-is to police departments? (And probably eventually fire depts. and maybe some other emergency services)

Historical precedents?

A lot of early airmail was flown in Curtis JN-4 aircraft. Nearly all WWI surplus, sold for as little as $50. It became the basis for some following civilian aircraft, and since it was mainly a trainer, it was the first plane flown by many new pilots including some guy named Lindbergh who became a pretty good pilot from what I read.

The postal service also used combat aircraft, mostly bombers like the Martin MB-1

WWII surplus 5 ton trucks and Jeeps were put to a host of civilian and government uses. Park service, fire departments, Town public works, and much more.

Bostons Duckboat tours originally operated with restored WWII era vehicles, but has switched to modern replicas for ease of maintainance.

I'm not sure it's still policy, but at one time if you set up a non-profit museum focused on some aspect of the military the proper branch would let you apply for a piece of surplus equipment. That's how the tank Museum in Danbury CT started. It's an excellent museum by the way.

Steve B
Old 06-25-2014, 09:12 AM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Yes, you are wasting your time. You may as well be talking to a brick wall.

Bingo! Just like the Benghazi incident was over a YouTube video. Just like Fast and Furious. Just like 'losing' all of Lois Lerner's emails.

But, Clayton, when you point out these lies, these people are so quick to say, "Bush lied about this. Bush lied about that. Blah, blah, blah..." They want to defend their political party, and by doing so try to deiscredit the other side. They're too blind and ignorant to see that we're being lied to not just by one party, but by both parties.
Thanks David, I appreciate that. I'm glad to see that you get what I'm saying. You can produce all of the information to people like this and they resort to childish remarks and character assassination- but won't objectively give your points the time of day.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...lists_06242014

It's funny how everything I've posted is verifiable-all one has to do is a little bit of research.

Sincerely, Clayton