NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-04-2003, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Question about rec. pmt for ebay auction

Posted By: Chris

What is everyone's opinion on someone who won an auction not paying until other auctions are completed that I have up so he can save on shipping. The timing between the auction he won and the other one would be about week and a half. He tried to buy the other cards (that he is 'waiting to bid on') off me offline at a discount to what I am looking for. Is this normal etiquite, I am new at selling on eBay.
Thanks.

Old 10-04-2003, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Peter Thomas

I don't think there are any rules but I would only wait one day before sending in money.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff S

I frequently receive e-mails from a recent winning bidder that say: "I am going to be bidding on something of yours next week, may I wait until then to combine shipping?" Almost always as a question.

What you, as a seller, can do to avoid the 1.5 week lag from inconsiderate buyers is to insert a line into your item desc.:

"I would be happy to combine shipping on multiple item purchases within 3 days of each other, unless other arrangements are made." You set yourself up with a rule to point to if somebody pisses you off, but you also sound reasonable with the second half.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris

Good idea. I guess its a learning process. I had to email him to remind him to pay me and it was then he said he was waiting to pay to see how my other auctions would go. The weird thing is that he was trying to get me to end my other auctions early so that he can buy it at a cheaper price than he wanted to bid for. It just rubbed me the wrong way. As a buyer of eBay auctions, I pay ASAP, that day and email quickly. Its just how I feel things should be done. This guy also is telling me that the SMR price I have off PSAcard is wrong and his is right, which coincidentally is lower, gee imagine that! Thanks for the advice.

Old 10-04-2003, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

If you accept PayPal, just ask him to make payment on the lots that he has already won, and then wait until the other lots have ended to make payment on those. This way you can wait until shipping and combine the shipping cost for him, but have your money right away. If a seller has multiple auctions, I almost always ask after I've won the first auction, if he can wait to ship until all the auctions have ended so I can combine the shipping cost.