NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Default Currently getting frauded eBay style

The buyer is saying he didn't receive the item. The total cost of it is 12.50 free shipping. I sent it in a plain white envelope it was in a card saver and tape shut with duck tape. (It was not a card) so the buyer said he received the letter and the taped card saver even sent a picture. He says the item was not in the duct tape card saver and the envelope does not appear to be ripped except from were he opened it from. I'm sure it was in there and I'm pretty sure this guy is ripping me off for no reason.

Well is there anything I could do?
Old 05-02-2017, 07:09 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Honestly, there's really nothing you can do. If there's no tracking the neither eBay or PayPal will side with you on a dispute. USPS won't be much help either. Really, at the end of the day, it's the cost of doing business. If you don't do much business then I'd suggest charging for shipping and add tracking to your shipments.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
Honestly, there's really nothing you can do. If there's no tracking the neither eBay or PayPal will side with you on a dispute. USPS won't be much help either. Really, at the end of the day, it's the cost of doing business. If you don't do much business then I'd suggest charging for shipping and add tracking to your shipments.
+1, refund and block. then share the user ID here.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:49 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Thanks guys I figured as much. But he doesn't dispute that he revived the letter .i mean he sent a pic of it. And in the pic you can see that the tape has been peeled back.

Last edited by Rookiemonster; 05-02-2017 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:22 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookiemonster View Post
Thanks guys I figured as much. But he doesn't dispute that he revived the letter .i mean he sent a pic of it. And in the pic you can see that the tape has been peeled back.
I mean, if I was a complete POS, I would say the same thing as to get you off the scent that I just scammed you. Thankfully, my momma raised me to be an honest man.

Like I said before, invest in some small manilla envelopes, and charge roughly $2.75 to $3 for shipping. You may sell less cards, because people just love the free shipping, but you'll worry less.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Val Kehl

Chris, it is my understanding that one gets $50 of free USPS insurance on ANY type of Priority Mail shipment, not just when the flat rate boxes are used. And, it is $100 of free insurance for an eBay sale with Priority Mail shipment.
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.

Last edited by ValKehl; 05-09-2017 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:51 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
+1, refund and block. then share the user ID here.
+1

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Jakwarn.3hgphf is his user I'd. I sent him another item.i never sold a big ticket
Item on eBay before but after this I doubt I ever will. Talk about a bad taste in my mouth. I mean if your willing to lie cheat steal for 12.50. Idk let's see if gets this one.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Paul

Tracking is the only way to prevent this..Also even if the item is damaged tracking also covers the item for replacement value ( up to the amount you purchase insurance on the item for before sending)..Basically with no tracking, you have no recourse on the buyer, sorry to say.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:00 AM
Jason A. Schwartz

I wouldn't let one bad experience scare you off. I had almost the same experience on my very first sale. However, no issues in my subsequent 50+ transactions. All were between $2 and $150, most around $5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Collecting interests and want lists at https://jasoncards.wordpress.com/201...nd-want-lists/
Old 05-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
I wouldn't let one bad experience scare you off. I had almost the same experience on my very first sale. However, no issues in my subsequent 50+ transactions. All were between $2 and $150, most around $5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Thanks ! I sent him another and he left positive feed back so that's over with.
I listed a few random items recently nothing card related.but here is another funny thing a little while after that transaction I sold another item sent it and the buyer contacted me and said he received it postage due. So I reimbursed him and he still left me a neg and said that I did not respond or give refund. So that's another one I got jerked on.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:12 PM
Patrick N.

Default Comc

You might consider COMC, they do all the shipping/scanning for you, better site for low dollar items....
Old 05-17-2017, 01:15 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Your mistake is shipping for free w/o tracking. Charge $3 and ship using eBay's postage option, or paypal's. They track automatically and eliminate this form of fraud.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...