NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-19-2018, 10:03 AM
Robert Marks

Default Certifiedauthenticoriginals Are they reputable?

I'm considering to purchase of an autograph that has a COA from Certified Authentic Originals (certifiedauthenticoriginals.com). I couldn't find any third party reviews of this organization to know if they are reputable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your expert opinions!

Robert
Old 12-19-2018, 11:15 AM
Richard Simon

Never heard of them.
Why not show the graph here?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-19-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:36 AM
Robert Marks

Great idea! Here's the image of the autograph.
Hubbs.jpg
Old 12-19-2018, 12:29 PM
Robert Marks

Any opinions as to the authenticity of this Ken Hubbs autograph are greatly appreciated. It has a COA from a company I've never heard of, Certified Authentic Original.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

No. This looks like the garbage Jose Tijero was trying to sell. He had about 3-4 Hubbs just like this. Run away
Old 12-19-2018, 02:06 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Look closer. There is major hesitation in the E and it looks like it was signed yesterday. This is an extremely difficult auto on an almost impossible card. Every signed 1963 Topps collector would need this for their collection. Why would this not be in a major auction? Red flag, red flag.

Last edited by Duluth Eskimo; 12-19-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:12 PM
Robert Marks

Thank you for your wise advise!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Search Jose on this forum and see his Hubbs cards he was trying to sell. This may in fact be one of the ones he had
Old 12-20-2018, 08:45 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmarks View Post
I'm considering to purchase of an autograph that has a COA from Certified Authentic Originals (certifiedauthenticoriginals.com). I couldn't find any third party reviews of this organization to know if they are reputable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your expert opinions!

Robert
Make mental note...When you see the word "certified" in front of any COA, it is a SCAM PERIOD!
Old 12-20-2018, 11:41 AM
Robert Marks

Note taken. Thank you for your words of wisdom!!
Old 12-20-2018, 12:41 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
Make mental note...When you see the word "certified" in front of any COA, it is a SCAM PERIOD!
I would disagree since Mike Root's company is Certified Authentication Services and I have yet to meet anyone more honest in the autograph business.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 12-21-2018, 05:42 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I see someone named Bruce Dob.son as president and founder. Am I missing something? I am judging the item, which is garbage, not some person. As eluded to, when someone’s make reference to their “ famous pro scope” and that they are “ALWAYS” able to determine a genuine autograph vs a forgery because of their “Formal Training as a Certified Forensic Analyst”, but mention no specific school or instruction this means BS. I don’t see Mike Root’s name associated with this company, but either way it appears to be a clown show.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:45 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

If you are just referring to Root’s company separately, please advise on who “certified” Root? I am unaware of the certification process that this could be referencing. In the end, this applies to all TPA companies.

Last edited by Duluth Eskimo; 12-21-2018 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:33 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
If you are just referring to Root’s company separately, please advise on who “certified” Root? I am unaware of the certification process that this could be referencing. In the end, this applies to all TPA companies.
LOL. A Certified Ninkinpoop.

AND If Mike Root is so good, he should change his name because he would be the first and only ..... I stand by my original remark.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I would disagree since Mike Root's company is Certified Authentication Services and I have yet to meet anyone more honest in the autograph business.
You have some really nice stuff in you store!

Why don't you get some cards graded and autographs certed by CAS instead of PSA and SCG, he's the best that CAS, I hear.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:27 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

This should raise a red flag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hubbs1.jpg (59.6 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg Hubbs2.jpg (78.1 KB, 162 views)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:29 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

He seems to get a lot of impossible cards. Remember when a Ken Hubbs autograph was rare and a 1963 Hubbs signed card was impossible?
Old 12-21-2018, 09:31 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I kind of liked this one too
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mack.jpg (81.6 KB, 163 views)
Old 12-21-2018, 09:53 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
You have some really nice stuff in you store!

Why don't you get some cards graded and autographs certed by CAS instead of PSA and SCG, he's the best that CAS, I hear.
Mike certifies everything in our auctions that isn't certified when we receive it. He has also come to our auction and spoken to our customers. Is he infallible? I'm sure he's not. I don't believe I said he was. What I DID say is he is the most honest guy I have dealt with in the autograph side of our hobby.

If you look at the autograph boards he is well-respected. I can tell you we recently had a LARGE autograph collection that was entirely uncertified and we put hundreds of pieces through Mike's hands. He failed numerous items of course, but what amazed me is that none of the items he failed were items that the consignor had gotten in person. He didn't have access to that information when he authenticated.

If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?

Again if you have a specific complaint that's a completely different story, but how would you like it if someone with whom you have never done business starting posting shit about how you do your job where people who might do business with you would likely find it when trying to make a decision?

Oh, and there are NO autographs in my store, and there probably never will be. If not for my auction business I probably never would've gotten involved with them. But since it was a necessity, I looked into things and then made a decision which company to do business with.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 12-21-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-23-2018, 11:23 AM
Chuck Tapia

"If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?"

Not particularity. I usually look at the Autograph.

In 10 Years, I have seen maybe 1 with the name "Certified" in it that wasn't a scam. Compared to 1000 other SCAMS. Can you comprehend that? So you found a Unicorn....Good for you. For the masses, If you see "certified" in the COA you can be sure that it is a fake 99.9 % of the time.

I don't care what the clown started. Steve Rocchi was a big shot with PSA too and Now GFA is a scam which he is the front man.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:46 AM
Scott Russell

You don't get it. Calling someone a clown when you never met them, let alone used their services is a *&% move. You can say what you want in general about authenticaion, but when you start calling out or insulting someone specifically you really ought to have something to back it up. You don't.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:11 AM
M.att C H A R L T O N

Aside of the CoA, I just looked at the Hubbs in question. It is laughable at best. Fraud is still a crime, right?
Old 12-24-2018, 10:27 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
"If you have a specific complaint about Mike (who was the creator of SGC's autograph division after he left Spence) that's one thing. But to just randomly shit on someone is pretty pathetic. Now your attacks (based on nothing but your opinion of autograph certification in general) might show up if someone searches Mike. Do you think that's fair?"

Not particularity. I usually look at the Autograph.

In 10 Years, I have seen maybe 1 with the name "Certified" in it that wasn't a scam. Compared to 1000 other SCAMS. Can you comprehend that? So you found a Unicorn....Good for you. For the masses, If you see "certified" in the COA you can be sure that it is a fake 99.9 % of the time.

I don't care what the clown started. Steve Rocchi was a big shot with PSA too and Now GFA is a scam which he is the front man.
You are 100 percent correct.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:28 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
He might be honest but the Hubbs sucks.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:14 PM
Mike Kaminski

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Agreed, but I do not believe Root/CAS ever passed it. It was some random fly-by-night authentication service that is in question.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:39 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
He's got nothing to do with the autograph in question. I brought him up because of the general statement that any company with "certified" in their name was basically a scam.

Old 12-24-2018, 05:08 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Correct. I will add that I do not believe Mike Root has anything to do with that company or authentication of the Hubbs. I believe Chuck was just poking fun at the “certified” part of his company name.
Old 12-25-2018, 01:57 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
Correct. I will add that I do not believe Mike Root has anything to do with that company or authentication of the Hubbs. I believe Chuck was just poking fun at the “certified” part of his company name.
correctimundo! Merry Christmas Everyone