NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-22-2011, 04:27 PM

Default Is anyone buying this newly made junk or are all of these auctions shilled?

http://shop.ebay.com/sirraffles/m.ht...id=p4340.l2562
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
pete ullman

I think people are buying them! Despite being modern fantasy-ish pieces...people seem to like them...I kinda like them...they're done pretty well...but will not pay such crazy prices for them!
Old 02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Alan U

I have bid on a few of the cards and quite a bit of the original artwork, but have never won any of the auctions.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM

ok neat! I see many of the bidders with 57% and 49% bidding with this seller so I wondered. The Mantle piece is at $175.

Simply amazing
Old 02-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Bill Hedin

Default helmar art

Well, people buy what they like I guess!
Did you ever wonder why Helmar spelled backwards is Ramleh? I always wondered if this was deliberate and if the 2 companies are actually one!
Thanks,
Bill
Old 02-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Johnny S

The stuff is pretty cool, goes to show originality makes money. I won a bottle top lock from them a year or so ago and it really looks cool, excellent craftsmanship. They had a few other things I liked but bids got to high.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:58 PM

I agree the stuff looks neat but I think it is bringing way more than newly made stuff should. I saw the bottle tops and they were fairly cheap, ok I can see that. But this stuff is bringing prices as if it were vintage almost. I also don't like the fact that they make them to look old and do not put a production date on them.

Last edited by danmckee; 02-22-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM

Neat looking stuff but somewhere along the line some poor sap(s) unfamiliar with this stuff is going to get screwed.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

As I understand it, the Helmar name resulted from a lawsuit by Ramly against Ramleh for infringing on its trade name. I think there was an article about it published some time ago, but I don't recall where.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Jeff

I have bought a few of the players I collect. Well done, wouldn't call them junk but lately they have gotten fairly pricey for what they are.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
FredYoung

I'm w/ Dan on this one! I think there is shilling going on from a couple of ID's w/ high % of bids--the prices are insane!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Chris

I think that all cards are "man made". He is shilling and why not if he can make these at will, just second chance offer everyone and relist if no one bites.

Last edited by hunterdutchess; 02-22-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:09 PM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
As I understand it, the Helmar name resulted from a lawsuit by Ramly against Ramleh for infringing on its trade name. I think there was an article about it published some time ago, but I don't recall where.
Ramleh vs Ramly: A 1908 Feud that Benefits Today’s Collectors, written by Lyman.

Surprised you forgot, Adam - that's the same site with your mug on the homepage.

Bill
Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Dave H@rford

Default SirRaffles and Helmar

I have purchased about 4 different "Polo Grounds" cards for a Polo grounds display I am making with T206 cards. They fit very well in this type of display. The cards are thick, laminated sheet of wood with the transfer or painting on them. I did purchase them about 10-12 months ago and have watched the prices soar to ranges that I would rather spend the money on a true pre-war card. I have also purchased 4 Trolley Cards (Mathewson, Lajoie, Brown and Chance) and have made them into a display. The cards really do present well.

I have also had several lengthy email discussions with the seller, and was very impressed with his responses. The Helmar Brewing Company is tied closely to this seller (will not disclose more due to privacy) and I in no way have concern about his honesty.
Dave H.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Bill Hedin

Default thank you Bill & Exhibit man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcornell View Post
Ramleh vs Ramly: A 1908 Feud that Benefits Today’s Collectors, written by Lyman.

Surprised you forgot, Adam - that's the same site with your mug on the homepage.

Bill
Thank you, gentlemen. This nice article finally puts this to rest!
Thanks again from your friend,
Bill Hedin
Old 02-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

As I posted in another thread, I have purchased a couple and just really liked the look of them and have lost bidding on a number. I plan to add a few more to my collection in the future.

I dont understand why people take issue with them, collect what you like and let others do the same. Shame on you for calling what I collect junk.