NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-31-2013, 01:46 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default OT: Where to have Custom Trading Cards printed?

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm looking to have some "custom" trading cards produced for personal appearances / signings by non-sports personalities, and need to know where best to have them printed up. I see a number of places online where I can have it done for anywhere from $0.05 per card up to $0.50 per card or so for quantities of 1000+ (single card design), but haven't tried any out yet. I have no problem generating the artwork/design in Photoshop and uploading in whatever format is needed. These are to be giveaways/freebies, so cost is a factor, but I do want a quality product the first time rather than going through 2 or 3 rounds of deskjet-quality schlock before settling on the printer I should have started with.

Any personal experiences/recommendations?
Old 12-31-2013, 02:14 PM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

I used Jim Bouton's company for my son's birth announcement, but it was a looooong time ago. They're still around, though

http://www.jimbouton.com/cards.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kyle_fr.jpg (76.2 KB, 188 views)
Old 12-31-2013, 02:19 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default OT: Where to have Custom Trading Cards printed?

I do my own designs and have them printed on a canon color copier. Registration is key, might take 2 or 3 prints before fronts and backs are lined up right. Be warned that you can only print up to a certain thickness. Don't remember what I did. But they came out thinner than regular cards. I printed sheets with 16 cards per sheet.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:36 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Just and idea: Certainly you have kids organized sports teams in the Nashville area: soccer, teeball, et al. Just call one up and ask them who they use for their printing of the cards that us parents buy (or in my case, bought...I kind of miss that period). If y6u need lots of 1000 for a single event, I'm sure you will get a good deal, especially if you order for more than one event in advance.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:02 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

I appreciate the suggestions, but I think you guys may have misunderstood my question. It's not hard to find any number of places that will print up custom trading cards. I'm just wondering if anyone here has any actual experience doing so with good results. (Recent experience is a plus).

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-31-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-01-2014, 05:13 PM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

if you can make professional quaility pdf's you can use gotprint.com they are one of the least expensive printers out there, and you can upload the pdf's, front and back. they have done full 4 color business cards and postcards (2 sides, coated stock)
Old 01-01-2014, 05:25 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I have done a lot of them over the years....mostly for former collegiate football players or minor celebrities doing autograph appearances. It's pretty easy for me as I work in advertising. I use photoshop and usually just get them printed at Vistaprint or someplace similar.