NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: runscott

Old 12-22-2002, 08:02 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: jay behrens

very nice

Old 12-22-2002, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Robert

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the friends I have made here on this board. Robert Balke {Bigb13}

Old 12-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Jay Miller

Happy and healthy holiday season and a wonderful new year to those on the board.May a Delahanty Old Judge turn up in your Christmas stocking and you not damage it when you put your foot in.

Old 12-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Merry Christmas to everyone....you can email me if you dont have my mailing address because i havent recieved any of my gifts yet,except from Scott.....nice scan Scott!

Old 12-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

and whn you put your foot in the stocking and there's an Old Judge Delahanty in there, it was probably re=backed anyway.

May the New Year bring you all lots more of what we all love...most (damn it!)

Old 12-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

Old 12-22-2002, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Jeff

Scott,
May a $10,000,000.00 blue eyed Wagner show up under your tree.Thank you for the great laugh.Merry Christmas,Jeff

Old 12-25-2002, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: TBob

Just got back from Florida with a nasty cold Blustery and nippy the past week in Orlando but I awoke this morning to snow on the ground as it looks like we will have our first White Christmas in over 20 years!
Merry Christmas from the Ozarks to all my friends on the board.

Old 12-25-2002, 11:28 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Hankron

Naturally, I will a Merry Christmas to all.

I'm not Christian. While most people play it safe and say 'Happy Hollidays' to me, I've never neen offended by someone saying Merry Christmas. There's nothing wrong with others sharing their happines about thier own holiday. If people want to greet me with "It's my birthday" or "Happy Bastille Day" or "Happy Taco Tuesday" that's great. So you can take it from me: if someone on the street is offended by your friendly "Merry Christmas", it's his problem not yours.

I do, however, point out to my Christian friends, that Jesus Christ was not born on December 25th. The Christians merely adopted an already popular pagan Holiday to celebrate their Savior's birthday. So, essentially, Christians are celebrating a holiday for everyone-- and that's how I treat the whole holiday season.

Old 12-25-2002, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: runscott

I was telling a Hindu friend of mine this Sunday (regarding December 25) - he was quite surprised. It wouldn't hurt people to study their own religions (and those of others) a little more closely, and not just the religious texts - you can learn a lot.

Old 12-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

most religious (i.e. Christian) holidays are merely coopted pagan holidays. The Roman Catholic church did this in order to try and make the pagan celebrations 'go away' and the worship of 'false gods' along with it.

Jay- a dislexic agnostic insomniac

Old 12-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: ockday

I hope everyone has a great holiday season and a healthy happy and prosperous(collecting wise at least)2003 !
Alan

Old 12-25-2002, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Wishing everyone a Happy & Healthy Holiday Season!

Hope the coming year helps shorten ALL our want lists.

A special thanks to Elliot again for providing this forum as well as to Keith for sending me a great Chief Meyers Silk!

Old 12-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

May the Holidays and the coming year bring you peace and good health-- the rest is just a welcomed bonus.

And Jay, as a self-identified agnostic dislexic insomniac, I'm sure you heard the one about the dislexic agnostic who wasn't really sure if there was a dog.

Happy Holidays of whatever nature you observe!!! Todd

Old 12-25-2002, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to everyone.
I hope Santa leaves lots of Vintage cards in everyone stockings. I'm hoping for a nice T206 Plank like Julie's, but will settle for a nice Magie in Ex.

Be well Brian

Old 12-25-2002, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

They co-opt and absorb native customs into Buddhism. And as for Hindus--ask your Hindu friend if he knows where the Shiva linga came from: it's just an old-fashioned fertility symbol, like the Buddhist Yakshi.

In the Southeast Asian countries, there is an origin myth--in about 4 of them--that a Brahmen priest, guided by a dream, landed on the shores of (fill in the blank), and married the daughter of the snake king, who, to celebrate the nuptuals, drank the flood waters off the land, thus saving the kingdom and allowing farmers to cultivate the land.

From India came a holy story of the Buddha, meditating in the garden at Sarnath, before or just after his Englightenment, when a huge storm arose. The Buddha was so deep in mediation, he didn't notice, but the cobra king saw him, and to save him from drowning, coiled three coils beneath him and curved his eight-headed hood over him. In India, there are almost no statues of "Buddha on Mucalinda," though the story came from there. But South East Asia, especially Cambodia, is FULL of "Buddha on Mucalinda" statues. because of their origin myth.

Scuse me. The Asian Art Museum opens again on March 20. I just get a little impatient sometimes.

Anyway, it's not just the Christians who do it!

Old 12-25-2002, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Lee asked me to post this pic of his place

You can kind of see the outline of Lee at the door.

Jay

Old 12-26-2002, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I was hoping the picture would turn out better.

Happy Holidays to All!!!!!!

Old 12-28-2002, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Default Merry Christmas!

Posted By: B C Daniels

To Grampa Trophy Bob!