NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 02-21-2014, 07:53 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Default Another USPS frustration

At the first of the year I came to a agreed on deal with another member for an item. I paid for the item and the seller shipped it to me from a smaller post office in New Jersey on Jan. 5th. The item wasn't expensive and was not insured (as per my request).

The item does have a tracking number attached to it though. After about a week I contacted the seller to see if maybe he might know the delay. He went to the post office he mailed it from and they tracked my package and it was received in a sorting facility in New Jersey where apparently it sits.

They told him that they couldn't do anything because it was mailed first class with no insurance. They did say it would arrive "eventually".

I then went to my local post office and explained the situation and was told basically the same thing. Nothing they could do but it would eventually come.

I'm in no rush and not to iothe point of yelling and screaming about it yet but it has now been almost two months since it was first mailed and "eventually" isn't cutting it anymore.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 02-22-2014 at 05:30 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:14 PM

Default delayed mail

I don't think this sounds good at all. I would find the number of the post office and call the postmaster of where you think it is. I am actually going
through all the hoops on an order Stolen, and I mean stolen on the way
to PSA so I would be happy to help you with what I have done thus far
when and if you need it. I would also get the other person involved in
trying to find out where you item is.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:26 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybestbretts View Post
I don't think this sounds good at all. I would find the number of the post office and call the postmaster of where you think it is. I am actually going
through all the hoops on an order Stolen, and I mean stolen on the way
to PSA so I would be happy to help you with what I have done thus far
when and if you need it. I would also get the other person involved in
trying to find out where you item is.
He has been a help but I don't want to bother him too much since I feel he upheld his part of the deal. I guess I need to start to get more proactive in my search.
Drew

Last edited by almostdone; 02-21-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:09 PM
qu@n nguy3n

seller should assume some of the responsibility. if i was the seller i'd at least offer a 50% refund if the package is lost. now if tracking shows delivered and you said you didn't get it, that'd be a different story.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
At the first of the year I came to a agreed on deal with another member for an item. I paid for the item and the seller shipped it to me from a smaller post office in New Jersey on Jan. 5th. The item wasn't expensive and was not insured (as per my request).

The item does have a tracking number attached to it though. After about a week I contacted the seller to see if maybe he might know the delay. He went to the post office he mailed it from and they tracked my package and it was received in a sorting facility in New Jersey where apparently it sits.

They told him that they couldn't do anything because it was mailed first class with no insurance. They did say it would arrive "eventually".

I then went to my local post office and explained the situation and was told basically the same thing. Nothing they could do but it would eventually come.

I'm in no rush and not to iothe point of yelling and screaming about it yet but it has now been almost two months since it was first mailed and "eventually" isn't cutting it anymore.

Drew
I once had a package come 6 months late. Better late than never I guess.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Mike Dugan

I would suggest contacting the regional Postmaster. Ours is in St. Louis and I have called his office before and the local guys seem to jump.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

I have mentioned this before. If you have a tracking number, sign up for the USPS email updates. I have done this when a package is late (not as late as yours) and within days it either gets moving in the system again or it gets delivered.

Good luck!

Jeff
Old 04-09-2014, 05:00 PM
€d M!££w00D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
I have mentioned this before. If you have a tracking number, sign up for the USPS email updates. I have done this when a package is late (not as late as yours) and within days it either gets moving in the system again or it gets delivered.

Good luck!

Jeff
+1

Ed
Old 04-09-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post

Drew
Sometimes if you keep complaining, they will fix the problem just to get rid of you. You can try to keep calling them.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagevault13 View Post
+1
+2

It's like magic sometimes.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Just as an update and a bit more info to this situation, I have been working with my local post master and have opened up a "lost package investigation". What the theory is that the package was mailed and while the sticker with the tracking number on it remained the address label with both my address as well as the seller's info was ripped off. Therefore they can tell everything about the package including, when and where it was sent but not to whom it was going or aven where to return it to so there it sits.
I filled out a detailed form which included everything from a description of the box, tape, size ans shape as well as the contents within. They will go as far as to open the suspected package (with my permission) to verify the contents belong to me. If they match they will send it on to me and the case will be closed.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed and while I think this has a good chance of working I also think it could still be a while.
Btw, the seller has offered to send me a new copy of the item at no kocharge. While I don't hold him responsible for any of this I certainly do appreciate his generous offer.
I'll keep you guys updated if anything changes.
Drew