NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-18-2017, 05:07 PM

Mickey7Mantle7---

David, The two Mantles you referenced are not that frequently found on eBay.

I am not that adroit at uploading images. It seems when I do, with my son's help (read "I watch while he loads the photos!") the image is always more bits than what Net54baseball can handle. I have given up.

However, I just did a Google search on both of the Mickeys, and images came right up. So, Google search, and type:

1960 Post Cereal Mickey Mantle images

(Note, the background color is usually lightened by a scanner. In real life it is a very rich salmon)

2010 Topps Heritage 56b Mickey Mantle images

(When I did this, David, a lot of images came up. However, look for the card on the top row of images designed as a 1961 Topps. Mickey is shown in a very pleasing rookie photo, batting, and you will see the "TOPPS HERITAGE" logo near the top left of the sky background. In all the write-ups I have encountered, Mickey (#56B), Roger Maris (#61B), and Babe Ruth (#60B) are considered super short prints. Sometimes when they are mentioned, the initials SSP are used, indicating "Super Short Print")

I trust this gives you enough directions to find the images you seek.

Happy collecting, bro. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 03-20-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Mickey7Mantle7---

I am not that adroit at uploading images. It seems when I do, with my son's help (read "I watch while he loads the photos!") the image is always more bits than what Net54baseball can handle. I have given up.

However, I just did a Google search on both of the Mickeys, and images came right up. So, Google search, and type:

(Note, the background color is usually lightened by a scanner. In real life it is a very rich salmon)

(When I did this, David, a lot of images came up. However, look for the card on the top row of images designed as a 1961 Topps. Mickey is portrayed as a rookie, batting, and you will see the "TOPPS HERITAGE" logo near the top left of the sky background. In all of the write-ups I have encountered, Mickey (#56B), Roger Maris (#61B), and Babe Ruth (#60) are considered super short prints. Sometimes when they are mentioned, the initials SSP are used, indicating "Super Short Print")

If I am understanding this post correctly, Brian, you need to resize your pics.
There are many free picture resizers on the internet and once downloaded, will always be in/part of your editing software.

Are these the pics you're referring too?
https://www.google.ca/search?q=1960+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 PM

Yes Dale, those are the images I was referring to on the 1960 Post Cereal Mickey Mantle, as printed on their large boxes of Grape Nuts Flakes.

When it comes to picture editing and what you are trying to advise me, to quote dear 'ol Bugs Bunny, my "IQ is P-U". However, I will try to pass this info on to my son.

I still would love to sell you a copy of my book, if you're interested in post-war regionals from 1947 - 1971. If you have a working disc drive on your computer, and it is equipped with ADOBE READER software. PM me if interested. If not, no hard feelings, my friend.

Take care, Dale, and thanks ever so much for trying to help me with uploading photos. Honestly, I am touched. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 03-19-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:31 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Yes Dale, those are the images I was referring to on the 1960 Post Cereal Mickey Mantle, as printed on their large boxes of Grape Nuts Flakes.

When it comes to picture editing and what you are trying to advise me, to quote dear 'ol Bugs Bunny, my "IQ is PU". However, I will try to pass this info on to my son.

I still would love to sell you a copy of my book, if you're interested in post-war regionals from 1947 - 1971. If you have a working disc drive on your computer, and it is equipped with ADOBE READER software. PM me if interested. If not, no hard feelings, my friend.

Take care, Dale, and thanks ever so much for trying to help me with uploading photos. Honestly, I am touched. ---Brian Powell
There are a ton of them, Brian.
Here's a link for some you can look into. I chose filehippo as they have the least amount of add ons, imo.
https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid...ture+resizer&*
Also, have you tried right clicking on your photos to see what comes up?
Don't open them fully, leave them in the album so you can also see your other pics
Mine will take me to paint, to picture resizer, etc. From any of those, I can resize my pics. After I have resized, I just hit save, and I'm done.

Good luck.

Last edited by irv; 03-19-2017 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:50 AM
Matt

Last edited by MattyC; 03-19-2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Tim B
Banned

Wow. Matty! The above 4.5 is so nicely centered. Image and color are awesome. What a beauty! A great example of how grading is subjective. That's nicer than some 7s I've seen.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:10 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbegs View Post
Wow. Matty! The above 4.5 is so nicely centered. Image and color are awesome. What a beauty! A great example of how grading is subjective. That's nicer than some 7s I've seen.
X2! An incredible 4.5!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:32 PM
David (30%) Hall

Quote:
Mickey7Mantle7---

(When I did this, David, a lot of images came up. However, look for the card on the top row of images designed as a 1961 Topps. Mickey is portrayed as a rookie, batting, and you will see the "TOPPS HERITAGE" logo near the top left of the sky background. In all of the write-ups I have encountered, Mickey (#56B), Roger Maris (#61B), and Babe Ruth (#60) are considered super short prints. Sometimes when they are mentioned, the initials SSP are used, indicating "Super Short Print")

Thanks Brian! Great help!!