NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Ralph

Default Please post .......

I would love to see some nice photo's of Jim Orator O'rourke as I want to draw one.If possible try and make the photo a 5X 7 or 4 X 6 .I will post the drawing as I use Pastels and charcol as I have been drawing some of my classmates portraits and they love them.
Thank-you
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM

There are some pics of O'Rourke in these threads, for starters, and/or links to other photo sources...
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=113168
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=113453
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=723139
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...ght=o%27rourke
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/baseballgames/

Successful transactions with: bocabirdman, GrayGhost, jimivintage,
Oneofthree67, orioles93, quinnsryche, thecatspajamas, ValKehl
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Jim R

yes-please post

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=114325
Old 08-29-2009, 07:23 AM
Ralph

Jim,
If your talking about the Crockett T-209 I have reason to keep my mouth shut about the card.There is a certian shall we say "Other" on here that think he is inferior to everyone else,puts down people who do research etc and I know that you chit-chat with him.So in a one liner ,I don't care what you or anyone else want to believe about the card but yes 3 jim I have seen.Check with Lipset's newsletters and see who actually found the first card and there could be a description in there.

I am not angry with you as it may sound but I have not been feeling good and losing a friend takes it's toll on ones self.

Oh and one other thing I nearly completed that set as well and my type I cards I got were all in Nr. MT condition and grabbed those in the 80's for 150.00 each,high nuimbers for that era but I paid it because of the condition.
Regards,
Ralph.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:39 AM
Ralph

Thanks Butch for posting but none of the cards were what I was looking for,I wanted one with his mustache as I wanted to draw it in charcol and pastels as the cards look so cool like lithographs,I have done portraits for friends of their family members and I want to draw some of the hall of famers from the 19th century I was thinking of drawing the photo I had of my N-142 Duke cabinet card of Ed Delehanty as I have a photograph of that one,might give it a shot later today.
Regards,
Ralph.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Jim R

Default Old Mill Man

I don't underatand why anger would even be brought up. I have discussed the Crockett with many board members and also a collector at the National that had a rather large 209 find and still the Crockett was absent.
I thought I asked rather politely for a scan or discription. You have this as your signature and I thought you could help me and I hope you will even if it is private email. Thanks...
Old 08-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Mark

here you go:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jim ORourke NY NL 1889.jpg (66.4 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg Jim ORourke HA.jpg (75.3 KB, 606 views)
File Type: jpg Jim ORourke o12.jpg (56.5 KB, 608 views)
File Type: jpg Jim ORourke pn54.jpg (83.2 KB, 602 views)
File Type: jpg Jim ORourke o1.jpg (68.0 KB, 602 views)
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Joe P.

Default Jim, don't hold your breath .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfc1909 View Post
I don't underatand why anger would even be brought up. I have discussed the Crockett with many board members and also a collector at the National that had a rather large 209 find and still the Crockett was absent.
I thought I asked rather politely for a scan or discription. You have this as your signature and I thought you could help me and I hope you will even if it is private email. Thanks...

That excuse was not only lame, it was a reject from an emergency room.

It is difficult to describe a card that was never seen.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Joe P.

Default It's been a few weeks .....

Any private e-mails with a description yet Jim?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Ralph

I have just put this individual (Joe P.) on Personal Ban because of his slamming of myself and others.I can't and won't tell anyone else to do the same but if you enjoy his slams that's your choice.
To put a user on IGGY go to User Control Panel ,Then settings there you will see Edit Ignore and add whomever.

As I have emailed certain members about the T-210 article my reason for not posting it on the site is because of this individual.As for the Crockett card it is a fielding position and I have seen 3 over the years,my apologies if you thought I saw 3 recently,no I have seen 3 over the years (The last one I saw was a few month's ago but I am not telling who has the card because the owner has told me not to and I respect his wishes but it is no one on this site)and I do not have a image to share or I would as I do know how to scan and upload

Adios Joe P. and may I be the gentleman and say good luck completing the T-210 set.

With kindest regards,
Ralph

Last edited by Old Mill Man; 09-16-2009 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Spelling.....
Old 09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Joe P.

Default Ralphie .....

You, of all people, shouldn't be trying to play the Cutesy Game.

Playing the Financial Bankruptcy game is one thing, but playing the Credibility Bankruptcy game, is a harder thing to shake.

All this just because of a T210-7 Hyames card.
Acccording to a fun T210 tough list that he posted two years ago, he stated (Lots of luck on this card**)

I think he's confusing the T210 Hyames with the T209 II Hyames.
Any T209 II collector will tell you that the T209 II Hyames is almost as tough, if not as tough as the T209 II Crockett.

Being that we're talking about the T209 II Crockett, I've been collecting T209's for about 25 years, flown to shows all over the country (worked for an airline.), seen more cards and dealers than most on this board, I have never seen T209 II Crockett or Hyames.

You claim that you have seen THREE Crockett's ... Let me join Jim, and Jay in asking you to describe the card.

You say that it is a fielding image, unless you need a camp fire to tell your story, or there is a curse derivative to the Da Vinci Code, stand up on your hind legs and tell us.

The fielding move, was it to his left, right.
Was the ball hit to his left, or right.
Was the glove on his left, or right hand.
Was it a reverse negative.
Come on Ralphie, your the one that's seen the Three Crocketts.
Your credibility is tied up to your signature, and a few other things.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Joe P.

Default Smart move Ralphie .....

A sign of some intelligence.

You got rid of your Crockett signature.

Now ..... can you describe the card?
Old 11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Paul C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mill Man View Post
I would love to see some nice photo's of Jim Orator O'rourke as I want to draw one.If possible try and make the photo a 5X 7 or 4 X 6 .I will post the drawing as I use Pastels and charcol as I have been drawing some of my classmates portraits and they love them.
Thank-you
Did you ever draw a picture of O'Rourke?
I'm interested in seeing it once it's completed.
Paul