NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Rich Klein

Bob:

Whom some of you should remember as he set up at the National and SABR National Conventions and always had nice older material -- passed away this week. I will miss him

Regards
Rich

Old 04-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

Bob Koehler was a super-nice fellow who was always ready with friendly words and good deals on oddball stuff. I bought lots of 1930s premiums from him at very fair prices.

What's more, he would remember what sets I collected from one show to the next and always asked me how I was doing on them. He really liked helping people build their collections. Gave me great deals on T207 Saier and Tyler because he knew I was doing the set.

We've lost more than our share of good-guy dealers and hobby legends recently-- Larry Fritsch, Tony Carafiell, David Grimes, and now Bob-- I hope that's the last for a while.

Tim

Old 04-28-2008, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: dan mckee

Please don't forget Hugh Jones on that list.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: plifter

I'm sorry to hear that. I used to order from him back in the day when he had advertisements in Sports Collectors Digest.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Bob could glance at a scorecard at a distance and tell you the team and year. Same for their yearbooks. Same with WS ticket stubs. He was quite knowledgeable, and would share that if you asked and were patient. He was an asset to the hobby. Sad news, indeed.

Frank

Old 04-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Kit Young

Just saw the sad news about Bob Koehler --I had known him for about 30 years, saw him through countless nationals, Hawaii Conferences, dealer asscociation meetings, etc. Unfailingly pleasant, always with a smile and a kind word for all, he was one of the old school, setting up at shows around the country, with a genuine love of the hobby. My condolences to his family.
Kit Young

Old 04-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Kevin Savage

Bob was a true gentleman who had a dry sense of humor and was a pleasure to know. He had one of those easily identifiable laughs -which often let me know Bob was in the room- well before I laid eyes on him. I set up near Bob at all of the old Strongsville Ohio shows- and got to know him as a man who loved the hobby- and it's relationship to baseball and SABR in particular. I know I speak for many in the hobby - Bob will be missed. My condolences to all of his friends and family.

Old 04-29-2008, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Sean

I bought my very first 1933 Goudey from Bob at a st. louis show back in 1987. Ive since bought over 400 33 goudeys but Ill always remember my first. I hadnt seen Bob in over 15 years til I saw him at the last chicago national. He seemed genuinely pleased when I told him that

Old 04-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Rob D.

I frequently stopped at Bob's table at the Strongsville show and always found him to be an extremely nice guy. A lot of guys who sit behind tables could take a lesson from how he treated customers. Very sad news.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: J Levine

Bob was one of the best. He would remember me from National to National and would always ask about "the list" (for those of you who have not seen me at a show, I have a list of all Phillies ever produced up until 1989 that I am working on collecting...the list started at 27 pages with a 10 font. It is now down to 14 pages with a 14 font)...Bob knocked several lines if not a whole page off my list over the years...Bob will be missed...so many nice guys are gone

Joshua

Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Sad news indeed. Bob was always a pleasure to visit with at the National and SABR functions. His willingness to share information with fellow collectors and researchers was at the top of my list. I still enjoy his book on Milwaukee baseball history, which was his passion. Rest in peace Bob...

Old 04-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: boxingcardman

I enjoyed shopping with him at the National. RIP.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 04-30-2008, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: John E

Bob was the person that fueled my interest in the old American Association Brewers. He always seemed genuinely glad to see you when you stopped by his booth at a show and always asked about my recent Ebay finds. He will really be missed. For those interested, Bob's obituary apeared in today's Milwaukee Journal.
http://www.legacy.com/jsonline/DeathNotices.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=108681232

Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: barry arnold

my deepest sympathy and condolences to family and friends,
a great loss

barry

Old 04-30-2008, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Steve

very sad, one of the nicest guys in the hobby

Old 04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Default Bob Koehler

Posted By: Stephen Mitchell

I am very sorry to learn of Bob's passing. Although I did not know him well (we did a few deals at the Plymouth, MI and Strongsville, OH shows of the early 1980's) he was very friendly and helpful to me on those occasions.