NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 04-28-2016, 02:40 AM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

Default just a regular collector getting some stuff for the hell of it

ok, well,now that i'm looking at the hobby online, everyone is just into box breaks of expensive modern stuff and cant say anything else unless its really old cards otherwise.

well I finally bought a few packs of the regular Topps 2015 packs with 'Luck' on the package and some single older cards at a retired guys store in Salem Oregon.

so If I keep the 2015 cards for a decade,will they be worth more than 1986 cards?

I got ones like these

I also got these for the heck of it-because of the old astroturf
is very visible,its like a 1970s version of an older baseball picture because no one younger understands what that surface is

I have, i think, all of Jacksons cards,my favorite boyhood player.So I got some repeats

and an old pro,my dad was from Wisconsin and Packers fan

he let me have all the old cards for 3 bucks total

Last edited by RollieFingers; 04-28-2016 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:18 AM
Jeff P

Thanks for posting, Mr. Fingers! Love those cards ... and your handlebar mustache

jeff
Old 04-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyepayne View Post
Thanks for posting, Mr. Fingers! Love those cards ... and your handlebar mustache

jeff
another favorite player as a kid.

I was 7,8,9 years old when they went to the series.

that stache was pretty obvious
Old 04-28-2016, 03:37 PM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollieFingers View Post
so If I keep the 2015 cards for a decade,will they be worth more than 1986 cards?
Nice pickups! Trying to put the finishing touches on my 84s, while I don't think they will ever be rare, I can say the centering is tough. I don't look at modern cards much, but in terms of production quality, don't they kind of have the centering thing down now? Feels like the cards from this decade tend to get the 10 kind of easily.... If someone like Luck becomes one of the all-time greats, there's still the issue as to which of his cards is the most desirable...

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 04-28-2016 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 04:55 PM
shawn

I still collect modern cards.. i'll usually by a few $20 boxes every year. put em in binders and place em on the shelf with the rest. Hard to tell what they'll be worth in the future. Speaking of 1986... i had a guy offer me a Gale Sayers rookie for my Jerry Rice rookie in the early 90's...wish i had made that deal. :-|
Old 04-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
Nice pickups! Trying to put the finishing touches on my 84s, while I don't think they will ever be rare, I can say the centering is tough. I don't look at modern cards much, but in terms of production quality, don't they kind of have the centering thing down now? Feels like the cards from this decade tend to get the 10 kind of easily.... If someone like Luck becomes one of the all-time greats, there's still the issue as to which of his cards is the most desirable...
these particular new cards..the border design is too dark and cluttered In my opinion.Players image seems smaller
Old 05-02-2016, 01:10 AM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

I have about 200 hundred of the topps 2015
and most are normal I suppose.
Ive only just learned about multiple cards of the same player
in different border colors -rainbows- nd people try to get it complete.

i'm not going to go that nuts but I found I have this one of Percy Harvin
and didnt see it on COMC yet

[IMG][/IMG]

I saw an orange some guy was trying to sell for 22$
Old 05-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

Quote:
cards are still cut up be machines. The centering will never be perfect.
its still part of the toy maunufacture world
Old 05-02-2016, 03:01 PM
shawn

yea i still see cards off center.. tho i personally haven't seen any too badly yet.
Old 05-10-2016, 06:50 PM
Per.ry Sc-hultz

Quote:
I doubt anyone from this year will be a next big thing QB
Old 05-11-2016, 09:57 AM
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollieFingers View Post
I doubt anyone from this year will be a next big thing QB
Yeah, I was surprised QBs still went 1-2. This draft seems to have less "can't miss" players than recent drafts I remember - so probably it will prove me wrong