NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 04-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Default Price help needed please

How much should a raw 1 at best Jim brown rookie sell for ?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:17 AM
John

In theory a 1 could be a real beater that just looks terrible or it could be a nice well centered card with some paper loss on the back. Since the card is raw and you think its a 1, I'll assume its not a case where just the "technical" grade is low on a card that looks great. In the best case of a great looking card, I'd guesstimate 150

A typical 1, maybe 80? But I'm cheap. This wasn't the question, but I think there is good value in that card around the PSA 5 grade which seems to hover around 300 - the nice ones going a bit over and the not so nice ones going a bit under. I say its good value because if spending 100 on a nice 1, or maybe 200 on a nice 2, 250 on a nice 3, etc. for not that much more its possible to jump all the way up to a 5 which is a grade that's easier to resell. This is all just opinion though - a pure collector would say don't look at the grade, evaluate for yourself, but in the current environment, I think the grade matters.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 04-28-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:23 AM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Thanks John that helps . I don't have a pic of the card .
I know a guy selling 3 all different grades . Probably none higher then a 3 .
The cheapest one has water damage and is wrinkled. He's asking 200 ungraded.
I really want a Jim brown rc but I don't want to over spend. I haven't tried to talk him down at all. But I just might dive in to looking for a cheap pas 5 .

Thanks again !
Old 04-28-2016, 11:27 AM
M.att C H A R L T O N

I've had a "2" sitting in my case raw for $150 and no one has bit yet.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:33 AM
pariah1107

$90-100 is a fair offer for the Brown Rookie 1, with as much as a $25 bump for great centering. $150 for a 2 is very fair as well, if I didn't already have one I'd pick that up Matt Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:14 PM
John

Hi Dustin, You're welcome - that card comes up quite a bit in auctions. I think low grade cards tend to come up less in auctions because chances are the owner knows odds are against getting a good price... I think patience is your best bet if you want to add the card to your collection without over spending. As an example, I picked up a nice 48 Leaf PSA 2 Luckman for around 83 - similar good auction deal on my PSA 1 33 Grange - I like picking up cards that way, but typically you have to sacrifice centering to some extent (great centering in any grade seems to generate interest). I've bought cards outside auctions, but I feel like its gotten tougher to do as I've gotten a little more knowledgeable about prices. Although, there were several cards a board member posted just this last Saturday with very fair prices - take a look at Matt's 2 - might be the right card....

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 04-28-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

Thanks again John ! Thanks lax and pariah if there is any more help or info please let me know. I'll check out the brown for sale .
Old 04-29-2016, 01:16 PM
James Head

Low grade Brown RCs can vary a lot in "eye appeal" but I agree with most of the posts around $100 is a fair price to get one in your collection.