NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Default a few board updates

Posted By: leon

I want to give a few updates on board stuff. First of all it has seemed slow lately but I guess there just isn't much to talk about and/or folks are active doing other things. The amount of Unique IP's (folks that look at the board) is very static at about 1100-1200 a day though. If you feel like posting a thread about a topic go for it...no one will bite your head off (most likely). I guess what we need is a good ole fight to break out (just kidding).....I don't mind a bit of calm every now and then.

There is a new poll in place. It should be interesting and thanks to Joseph for the thought.

The Alteration and Reprint Detection tab is taking a little longer than planned. It's something I am relying on others for and we don't want to rush it too much. I would rather it be accurate when it does come out. It will be a collaboration of industry experts. Heck, on rudimentary stuff I might even throw something in....but it will be good info when it gets done.....Sorry it's taking a little longer than planned. I think something will be up within a few weeks.....hopefully sooner.

best regards

Old 09-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Lots of people on vacation last week, school starting in the NE, I can see why posts are down. Happy September all!

Old 09-06-2007, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David R

Leon,

When I click on the banner for Sloate Auctions tonight from the B/S/T page, the link takes me to Mastro Auctions. Not sure if the banner is wrong or the link?

Old 09-07-2007, 05:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Leon called me yesterday to say he was going to take my banner down temporarily and give the spot to Mastro Auctions until my current auction ends, then I would return to the top for the home stretch. So the link works but the wrong banner is up.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

Barry and everyone,

Sometimes your browser can "cache" onto a webpage and not allow you to view recent changes that have been done to it. The proper banner is up there with the proper link to Mastro however your browser may not be allowing you to see this change. If you are still seeing Barry's banner, try doing a "hard page refresh" by hitting CTRL-F5. If that does not work, try clearing your cache in your internet options menu and then opening a new browser window. That should clear things up for you. Let me know if you still have problems seeing Mastro's banner.

Brian

Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I just did what you said and I got the Mastro link. But otherwise I still see my banner at the top.

Now it's Mastro's banner each time I refresh, and I see mine down in the rotating area.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Leon,

Thanks for the new poll. Also a tab for alterations and reprints is a good idea.

Peter C.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

The new poll is boring (just my opinion), getting sleepy poeple!

Old 09-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I don't care about your opinion.....(just my opinion)

Old 09-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Hmmmm...I too was only seeing Barry's ad until I hit <ctrl F5>. I wonder how many other people are seeing Barry's ad?