NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 08-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Default 1968-74 Hall of Fame Bookmarks

Posted By: JimCrandell

I recently had the opportunity to acquire about 200 of these raw. I think I have every card in the set with multiples of many--most cards appear mint.

I have never seen these before. Any opinions on the relative rareness of the cards and which cards within the set are the rarest?

Thanks,

Jim

Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anthony

Jim-
I know Dave B. (DaveMRI) bought a few of these at the National last year- they were the only issue of a few HOFers, or at least the scarcest. I'm pretty sure he got John Wooden and a couple of others. I'd pm him via CU.
Does your friend the Rabbi know anything about them?

Old 08-13-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Anthony,

Thanks,

I bought them from Jeff Mullen who had some ideas as to scarcities but was not sure. The Rabbi is not likely to know this nor is Rakosi. Different cards were likely printed in different years.

Jim

Old 08-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: aro13

Jim - There is demand for the Hall of Fame "rookies" in PSA 9 or 10. John Wooden is probably the biggest name Hall of Famer whose rookie card appears in the set.

Other rookies from the original printing are:
Bernard Borgmann
Forrest S. Debernardi
Harold Foster
Charles Hyatt
Angelo Luisetti
Branch McCracken
Charles Murphy
John Roosma
John Russell
John A. Thompson

The other card that was selling well just after his death was Red Auerbach. That card would probably still have demand in PSA 9 or 10.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Aro,

I believe there is a Mikan, Cousy and possibly a Bill Russell in there.

I will probably get all 200 graded--with few showing up in the pop reports wanted to get a feel for relative scarcity.

Jim

Old 08-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alan

Jim -

Nice pickup from Jeff. (tell him Alan says hello & that we wish him luck at Carnegie Mellon)

I'm suprised Rakosi doesn't know. I'm not sure of the answers either, but you could try contacting Rob Lahammer, Ron Connolly, Steve Taft, Doug Neverra, or Pat Vesper. One of these guys should know more about them.

I didn't see you at the PSA luncheon or the network54 dinner. I had been looking forward to meeting you.

Alan

Old 08-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Alan,

Jeff Mullen has(had) an unbelievable basketball collection--lot of stuff I had never seen before--I bought a 55 Kahns set and a 59 Busch Bavarian set from him to help fund his education. A famous West Coast collector bought some other things.

Had a business commitment that prohibited me from making the national.

Jim

Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Davemri

Just found this forum... Very cool to have a place for hoop collectors. I can't really add much to what others have said, but here is my best from the set. Seems fairly easy to pull 9's and 10's.

Also, here is a link to some of my rare (non-mainstream) Basketball including the bookmarks...

http://imageevent.com/davemri/basketball/basketballhofnonmainstream

Dave