NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks Tom!! I would love to have something hanging in Cooperstown, but they're a few hurdles to jump over. Unfortunately, as you may or may not know, they NEVER buy anything, whether it's a painting or an artifact. They're always expected people to donate their stuff to the place, especially since they were pretty much founded under that very concept.

Under normal circumstances, I would be alright with such a thing (though ideally I would love to have the museum actually purchase something), but, if they did get a donated painting, they couldn't guarantee that it would stay in their permanent collection. What that means is that it can basically sit in a warehouse forever and never see the light of day, be sold at a fund-raising auction, or who knows?

I'll admit, it would be awesome to say that the Hall of Fame owns some of my work, but I think if there was any way that they could actually approach me and purchase something, or at least guarantee that the painting would stay in their permanent collection, I'd be MUCH more inclined...

Maybe one day...
Old 02-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Tom
T0m Rus.so

Graig,
I know they cannot promise that it will always be on display, but I am not aware of any fund-raising sales of donated artifacts. In fact, it is my understanding that the HOF artifacts once donated become the property of the State of New York. In the early 1980s, the Hall loaned some memorabilia to MLB and it ended up being sold by an employee in the Commissioner's office. When that became public, it created a public relations nightmare for the HOF that took years to die down. Obviously, folks do not want to donate artifacts if the HOF isn't going to keep them. I still hope to see your work in Cooperstown one day soon.

Last edited by bigtrain; 02-18-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

I got a few messages about the progress of this guy, so I thought I'd post its progress.

It's almost done, but the next parts will be the hardest. I have to clean up the type and the border line, and even worse, try to make my own moire pattern to mimic the printing process. I'm starting to think that it might be fun to paint a slab around it too...

Doing this has been a weird exercise. It's one thing to do a tromp l'oil, but doing one that has a single element with no background has been...well...odd. Though, it did make me think that it might be fun to paint some of the original Horner portraits as they would have looked in the studio. At least with that, I'd be dealing with real light and not have the limitations I've been dealing with in copying the lithographs from this set. Actually, to me, this card it just ends up being copying. But, I did have a lot of fun working on those edges!! But yeah, it would be very appealing to try and recreate a scene with actual lighting, even if it's controlled in a studio.

Anyway, I'm babbling. Any crits/comments/problems are certainly welcomed!

Oh, and as usual, forgive the photography!

Graig
Old 03-03-2010, 06:57 PM

Default I can't get this thought out of my head....

How could a printed piece of hundred year old cardboard have more value than this masterpiece created from the hands of God?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
How could a printed piece of hundred year old cardboard have more value than this masterpiece created from the hands of God?
It is a breathtaking looking work Graig, but KOC, "hands of God"? A bit extreme, don't cha think.?
Old 03-04-2010, 12:08 AM

Default Not at all Mr. Ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
It is a breathtaking looking work Graig, but KOC, "hands of God"? A bit extreme, don't cha think.?
I don't think you understood my meaning because I didn't use any of the "smiles" icons.

Since I do believe in God, and also believe that extraordinary talents like Graig possesses, are a "gift from God"... it was merely my way of expressing such.

I didn't realize that the Hall Monitor was going to "out" me for expressing my appreciation of Graig's talent.

Next time, I'll stick with the "breathtaking looking work" line that you just coined.

Go in peace...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Scott

Hey, sorry KOC. Obviously Graig's talent is incredible, and I love his work. I didnt mean there to be misunderstandings.